Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

American Racing headers with no tune??

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2017, 11:08 AM
ssidekickbp
Melting Slicks

Received 1,005 Likes on 328 Posts

Default American Racing headers with no tune??

As I understand it, American Racing headers now have a mid length system for the C7 that they say requires no tune?? What are your guys thoughts about this?

I have a corsa X pipe with stock Cat back ( electronic valves ) and am just very curious how much louder this would be with the valves open. I worry about the “no tune required” as I’d actually prefer to not have to tune the computer, but wonder how this system works.

Any input would help. Thanks!
Old 10-22-2017, 02:05 PM
thrilled
Safety Car

Received 618 Likes on 455 Posts

I have that you would definitely need A tune if they are long tube headers.I haven’t heard that for the shorter lengths.
Old 10-22-2017, 02:17 PM
robert miller
Team Owner

Received 1,762 Likes on 1,529 Posts

Originally Posted by thrilled
I have that you would definitely need A tune if they are long tube headers.I haven’t heard that for the shorter lengths.
You will get a code with LT headers aftermarket mid pipe with the back cat out of the car. The one & main thing this will do is make the car run leaner. Which my 2014 was running rich anyway from the factor. But the gain the max out of any header & add on mod is 100% have the car retuned. But the shorty headers r the LT headers will not make the car not run are even run bad.

I put LT headers with 3 inch mid pipe back cat off the car with a Borla ATKA cat back. The only thing that did was put out a code in the car. Ran as good as it did before that PLUS SOUNDED A LITTLE LOUDER is all. Robert

Get notified of new replies

To American Racing headers with no tune??

Quick Reply: American Racing headers with no tune??