Sponsored by:

2016 Memory Seat Issue

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2017, 04:07 PM
jtranger
Melting Slicks

Received 149 Likes on 116 Posts

Default 2016 Memory Seat Issue

The memory seats will sometimes go all the way forward and crush my legs when I get in the car and start the car. I have set my seats several times by pushing the set button and the 1 button for two beeps. The exit seems to work ok. What am I doing wrong or are they not working right? Just purchased the car. Thanks
Old 10-28-2017, 04:38 PM
Gearhead Jim
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2,051 Likes on 1,362 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13

The two different fobs will have different memory settings, and if the other fob is in the car with you, the car may be reading it even though it's not closest to the driver seat.

Having said that, the local dealer salesman said the C7 seat memory system only works correctly about 98% of the time. My experience with our C7, two C6's, and a C5; is that he's way too optimistic.
Old 10-28-2017, 04:41 PM
Gvnski
Racer

Received 66 Likes on 48 Posts

Make sure you are using the proper key fob - #1 (there is no physical mark to determine #1 or #2 you just have to try each one) and ONLY have the one fob present, it makes a difference. After you determine which is #1 you can mark it in some manner to always get the right one if that is a problem.
Old 10-28-2017, 10:41 PM
jtranger
Melting Slicks

Received 149 Likes on 116 Posts

Originally Posted by Gvnski
Make sure you are using the proper key fob - #1 (there is no physical mark to determine #1 or #2 you just have to try each one) and ONLY have the one fob present, it makes a difference. After you determine which is #1 you can mark it in some manner to always get the right one if that is a problem.
Thanks Jerry. I would have never thought of swapping remotes. I will give it a shot
Old 10-28-2017, 10:52 PM
Zymurgy

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 15,076 Likes on 6,173 Posts

Originally Posted by Gearhead Jim
The two different fobs will have different memory settings, and if the other fob is in the car with you, the car may be reading it even though it's not closest to the driver seat.

Having said that, the local dealer salesman said the C7 seat memory system only works correctly about 98% of the time. My experience with our C7, two C6's, and a C5; is that he's way too optimistic.
I never had a problem with the memory seats in my C5, my C6 or my C7 - a total of nearly 20 years worth and they were all daily drivers.
Old 10-29-2017, 11:58 AM
JerryU
E-Ray, 3LZ, ZER, LIFT
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 9,626 Likes on 6,630 Posts

Originally Posted by Gvnski
If you're a gentlemen and hold the door for your wife and she has a FOB with her, it will assume she is driving the car and when you push the start button it will go to that FOB setting!
Old 10-29-2017, 01:54 PM
Gearhead Jim
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2,051 Likes on 1,362 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13

Originally Posted by Zymurgy
I never had a problem with the memory seats in my C5, my C6 or my C7 - a total of nearly 20 years worth and they were all daily drivers.
You are very skilled or very lucky.

On each of our previous Corvettes, the memory system would become intermittent, and as time/miles went on the problem would become more frequent. Sometimes the steering wheel, sometimes the seat, sometimes both. I would take it to the dealer, they would verify the problem, and either retrain the system (which I would also do) or replace whatever module/switch was involved. Everything would be fine for a few days/months, then the cycle would start again.
Usually, if the seat wouldn't move with Memory, I could move it just a tiny amount with the side switch and then the Memory would be ok again. For a while.

The problem seemed related to mileage and our use of Exit position. Our first C6 was sold at 44k miles and only experienced this a little.
Our C5 and second C6 were kept to 66k and 102k miles, the issue was more frequent. There were threads on CF from other people having the problem, so it wasn't just me.

Our C7 has done it a few times, but I haven't seen a pattern to identify.
Old 10-29-2017, 02:51 PM
Ramler
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 156 Likes on 101 Posts

I've never had a problem with my 17 GS but on my 13 GS if you get out of the car and slide the seat all the way forward, then all the way back, it resets the seat memory function. Then you reset your memories the way you want them. Worked for at least a little while, then you would have to repeat the process.
I've never seen this process addressed in the 17 owners manual. Worth a try.
Old 10-29-2017, 04:29 PM
Italianfox
Burning Brakes

Received 811 Likes on 375 Posts

Originally Posted by JerryU
If you're a gentlemen and hold the door for your wife and she has a FOB with her, it will assume she is driving the car and when you push the start button it will go to that FOB setting!
My wife has learned not to enter the car first unless she is driving.

Get notified of new replies

To 2016 Memory Seat Issue

Quick Reply: 2016 Memory Seat Issue