Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

C7 differences between years

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2017, 09:05 AM
23/C8Z
Race Director

Received 5,761 Likes on 3,177 Posts

OP, obviously nobody, including myself, understands why you are asking to do what you are contemplating. Having stated that I can tell you the smart financial move is to find a higher mile 14 in the color you want with the options you like. plenty out there.. To "daily drive" a corvette, it would be silly to buy a low mile pristine example just to leave in parking lots and not worry about it getting dinged up etc etc.

Me (not that you asked but we're all friends here right?), I would sell the C6 and use that $$$$$ towards a used C7, daily drive it and see if you like that car enough to focus on a time capsule C7 GS down the road which blows away the C6 in every department. I came from an 08 3LT NPP F55 C6 and went to my C7 and NEVER looked back.. you'll end up selling the C6 GS once you start driving the C7 daily, i can all but guarantee it.

hope any of that helps you see things from another perspective.
The following 2 users liked this post by 23/C8Z:
BillBarkerville (11-22-2017), Kevin A Jones (11-19-2017)
Old 11-22-2017, 05:31 PM
BillBarkerville
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Thanks to everyone who posted. I think that I found some really good answers in there and I have started my hunt. 2016 seems to be the sweet-spot.

For the nay-sayers out there, some additional info -- I drove my '66 Corvette almost 7,000 miles this year. Even went from Seattle to Lake Tahoe. Later from Seattle to Medford. So I am doing what you say I should do to my 50+ year old car. How many of you are doing that?

Also I have three other cars that are in 1931 to 1936 year range. And I drive all of them throughout the summer months. One reason that they've lasted so long is because I don't beat them up. And that's largely why my 2013 is being babied. I want it to last a long time.
Old 11-22-2017, 06:26 PM
JamieJT
Instructor

Received 22 Likes on 12 Posts

If you upgrade to a stage 2 front splitter the front cameras (in the 2016 are nice) but everything else is pretty minor

Quick Reply: C7 differences between years