Sponsored by:

Chirping Noise from NPP exhaust - Criswell Service

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2017, 09:42 PM
bluevette67
Racer

Received 68 Likes on 47 Posts
Default Chirping Noise from NPP exhaust - Criswell Service

About a year ago, I heard a faint chirping noise coming from the rear right of the car. It was quick and only happening at slow speeds. 2 months ago, it started getting louder to the point it startled people on the street. Not the ideal Corvette noise I would want to startle anyone. Lol. Sounds like I was running over a bird. Went through some threads here about chirping noises but couldn't put my finger on where it was coming from.

For the past few years, I have gone to Criswell and always been happy with the service. I know their sales department gets a lot of credit on here (did not buy my car from them) but rarely hear about the service. Their service person Dina has been great to work with. For all of the cars I have owned, this dealership has been by far the best. I had a German car before and Ford but the service always fell short.

About a month ago, they did a TSB on the exhaust valves to stop the squeaking which they thought was the issue. They were lubricated and as soon as I got home the noise started right up again. Back to the dealer. I was nervous it was a mechanical noise based on what I read, but the car was running perfectly.

I went for a drive with the Corvette mechanic and we both confirmed the issue. The exhaust valves would chirp when going through the different modes. I thought I was going to have to fight to get this fixed or replaced but the next day, I had my brand new NPP exhaust system, $0 bill and issue resolved!! No more chirping and a shiny new exhaust performing flawlessly.

I was trying to sell the car/trade in for the past few months due to various reasons(not because of this noise or anything to do with the car), but this experience made me realize how much I love this car and how great the service has been. Going to hold onto it. Anyone having the chirping issue, get your exhaust checked. If you are in DC/MD/VA, check out Criswell for service. They have always taken good care of my ride.

For reference, car is a 15 A8 non Z51 with NPP exhaust. Build date 11/20/14.

Last edited by bluevette67; 12-03-2017 at 09:54 PM. Reason: Update
The following users liked this post:
warren5k (12-07-2017)
Old 12-03-2017, 11:09 PM
roadbike56
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,609 Likes on 1,037 Posts
St. Jude Donor '16-'17,'22,'24

Glad it worked out for you. Good to know this as a reference.
bluevette67 (12-03-2017)
Old 12-04-2017, 01:12 AM
Vetteman Jack
Administrator

Support Corvetteforum!

Location: In a parallel universe. Currently own 2014 Stingray Coupe.
Received 19,305 Likes on 13,977 Posts
C7 of the Year - Modified Finalist 2021
MO Events Coordinator
St. Jude Co-Organizer
St. Jude Donor '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-
'20-'21-'22-'23-'24
NCM Sinkhole Donor
CI 5, 8 & 11 Veteran

Glad the Tech and you got it figured out and the car sounds as it should now.
bluevette67 (12-04-2017)

Get notified of new replies

To Chirping Noise from NPP exhaust - Criswell Service

Quick Reply: Chirping Noise from NPP exhaust - Criswell Service