I Got Sick of 6 Month SiriusXM Renewals

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2018, 09:20 PM
z28lt1
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2,004 Likes on 1,048 Posts

Originally Posted by geewez
I bought a lifetime subscription when I first bought my C6. At the time the sales rep told me that includes one transfer from one vehicle to another. I just bought a C7 and wanted to transfer the lifetime subscription from my C6 to the new C7 but was denied. Sales person told me they changed the rules a few years ago and the one time transfer is no longer valid. I asked to speak with his supervisor and was told the same thing. She said when they updated the rules everyone was sent an email with the notification of the changes. I told her I either never received it or don't remember it but never the less, that wasn't what I was told when I purchased the lifetime subscription. I had to pay for the six month subscription for $30 for now. Still pissed off. Any suggestions?

When did you get the C6 subscription? They definitely changed the rules of lifetime over the years, but they are not supposed to retroactively adjust what you had. The wording on their website is actually pretty clear (other than if you had a rep quote the wrong thing if they weren't aware of the change)

My C6 is a 2009, so I fall into the no transfers allowed:

-------------------------------------

If you purchased your Lifetime subscription

Before June 20, 2005: Yes, it is transferable from one radio to another any number of times.*
From June 20, 2005 until September 7, 2007: Yes, your Lifetime subscription is transferable a maximum of three times.*
On or after September 8, 2007: Lifetime subscriptions associated with home, portable or dock & play radios can be transferred a maximum of three times.* Lifetime subscriptions first associated with or transferred to radios installed in vehicles by automakers or dealers are NOT transferable unless the radio is stolen, accidentally damaged or defective.
Old 01-09-2018, 06:32 PM
gbjerke
Racer

Received 60 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by TEXHAWK0
Guess I am lucky... everytime I have called to cancel they have done so with no extra charges...
I also got tired of the 5 month deals, and did get them down to $99 for a year, so I kept that...

They first only gave me the deal on any inactive radio, but later got it on a renewal.
Crazy stuff. When I got a renewal notice after my 6 months free expired on my wife's Lexus I told them I would renew for the $99/year bit. They wouldn't do that but offered either $25 or $30 for 6 months.
"So, you will give me 6 months for 25-30 but not a year for $99?"
Yup was the response.
Go figure.
Old 01-09-2018, 06:34 PM
gbjerke
Racer

Received 60 Likes on 20 Posts

[QUOTE=gbjerke;1596345178]Crazy stuff. When I got a renewal notice after my 6 months free expired on my wife's Lexus I told them I would renew for the $99/year bit. They wouldn't do that but offered either $25 or $30 for 6 months.
"So, you will give me 6 months for 25-30 but not a year for $99?"
Yup was the response.
Go figure.

Quick Reply: I Got Sick of 6 Month SiriusXM Renewals