Instructor

Received 45 Likes on 26 Posts

Subscribed
Old 01-15-2018, 09:21 PM
DALE#3
Le Mans Master

Received 3,129 Likes on 1,828 Posts

Originally Posted by trivette
I'm a huge fan also. My diecast collection will now need to grow with the new Jake logo for '18
Post up Pictures.Don't be shy..Anything Corvette Racing Related.Apparel etc.All about sharing here
Originally Posted by sunsalem

First of all, THANK YOU for posting those great pictures of Corvette Racing over the years...excellent eye-candy.

I'm for anything that generates more interest in Corvette Racing.
Whatever form it takes, I'm for.
Carry on...
Thanks for those kind words I used the wrong words on that link.Before i really checked it out.I already figured it was for the advanced..I FU Won't be the last time.Catch ya in a Paddock
Originally Posted by Foosh
FI (forced induction) is "turbo."
You and that Colombo Fan Had me spinning on a couple abbreviations.Figured for me to learn and if others don't know?
IMSA:International Motor Sports Association
FIA:Federal International Automobile
NA:Naturally Aspirated (non turbo and no supercharger)
ME:Mid-Engine
FI:Fuel Injection...Forced Induction (foose)
BOP:Balance Of Performance
COTA:Circuit Of The America's

When the C7 Started testing before the Rolex 24 in 2014.The author of this vid caught this sweet sound coming out of turn 4 DAYTONA.It is my ringtone..
Before the Yellow.More testing

Last edited by DALE#3; 01-15-2018 at 09:40 PM.
Old 01-16-2018, 12:14 AM
Foosh
Team Owner

Received 16,668 Likes on 8,311 Posts

Everything is fuel injection and has been for quite some time, except in NASCAR and vintage automobiles, so that's a given. Pretty soon it will be unnecessary to refer to forced induction as well, since NA gasoline engines will soon become an extinct species as the exclusive source of power in vehicles.

The remaining gasoline-only vehicles (non-hybrid) will soon be smaller displacement engines w/ forced induction. Among FI engines, turbos will be the only game in town because they are far more fuel-efficient than superchargers and with twin turbos, produce more power.

Last edited by Foosh; 01-16-2018 at 12:38 AM.
Old 01-17-2018, 07:12 PM
DALE#3
Le Mans Master

Everything is fuel injection and has been for quite some time, except in NASCAR and vintage automobile
Wow i might have something on ya..NASCAR went to FI in 2011.They added all digital dash too.Goodbye Holley
https://www.nascar.com/en_us/news-me...arburetor.html

CORVETTE RACING Success is due to PRATT And MILLER'S Raceteam
They have a Great Website and it's up to date.
http://prattmiller.com/motorsports/corvette
They were pleased with their performance at DAYTONA'S Roar before the 24.
The ROLEX 24 is in 2 weeks

Last edited by DALE#3; 01-17-2018 at 11:26 PM.
Old 01-17-2018, 07:39 PM
Foosh
Team Owner

WOW!!! That's great. It also tells you how little I've followed NASCAR in the last decade. I totally lost interest sometime around Y2K.
Old 01-17-2018, 11:19 PM
DALE#3
Le Mans Master

WOW!!! That's great. It also tells you how little I've followed NASCAR in the last decade. I totally lost interest sometime around Y2K.
Just gave up my Tics when Jr. Retired.NASCAR Keeps trying to make it more interesting by turning racing into a Sport with a Ball,or Puck.
Never liked 4 Door Family Cars Souped up

Last edited by DALE#3; 01-17-2018 at 11:20 PM.
Old 01-17-2018, 11:57 PM
sunsalem
Race Director

Received 2,146 Likes on 1,521 Posts

Originally Posted by DALE#3

CORVETTE RACING Success is due to PRATT And MILLER'S Raceteam
They have a Great Website and it's up to date.
http://prattmiller.com/motorsports/corvette
They were pleased with their performance at DAYTONA'S Roar before the 24.
The ROLEX 24 is in 2 weeks
Most don't realize the role P&M has played in CR over the years.
The following users liked this post:
DALE#3 (01-18-2018)
Old 01-18-2018, 12:08 AM
Foosh
Team Owner

Only those who haven't been paying any attention to CR aren't aware of P&M's role. They are CR, but GM has been signing checks for many years now.
DALE#3 (01-18-2018)
Old 01-18-2018, 11:53 AM
Thunder22
Team Owner

Received 2,312 Likes on 1,457 Posts

Just heard that Fox won't be televising the 24 hours of le mans this year. That's incredibly disappointing. That is my favorite race of all series every year. ugh.
DALE#3 (01-18-2018)
Old 01-18-2018, 01:44 PM
trivette
Melting Slicks

Received 122 Likes on 87 Posts

Our cable carrier (Comcast) FINALLY is giving us both FS1 & FS2 and now we won't get LeMans! My son usually has a way to stream most races so I'm sure he'll come up with something-maybe there will even be an official broadcast of it listed when the time is closer. We always stay up all night to watch it, so I don't want to spoil the routine.
DALE#3 (01-18-2018)
Old 01-18-2018, 02:07 PM
z28lt1
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,975 Likes on 1,033 Posts

Don't despair yet, there is a decent chance another network picks up Le Mans, and the broadcast will probably be better than Fox's if they do. Velocity is the rumor at this point, but still just rumors.
The following 2 users liked this post by z28lt1:
Thunder22 (01-18-2018), woodsguy (01-19-2018)
Old 01-18-2018, 03:32 PM
Thunder22
Team Owner

Received 2,312 Likes on 1,457 Posts

Originally Posted by trivette
Our cable carrier (Comcast) FINALLY is giving us both FS1 & FS2 and now we won't get LeMans! My son usually has a way to stream most races so I'm sure he'll come up with something-maybe there will even be an official broadcast of it listed when the time is closer. We always stay up all night to watch it, so I don't want to spoil the routine.
The track (and I say the track becaue I can't spell the governing body that runs the track) has a live stream you can buy, but it's been very unreliable the last couple of years. *cough*french*cough
Old 01-18-2018, 04:42 PM
village idiot
Le Mans Master

Received 1,913 Likes on 1,053 Posts

why are the american flags mirrored on the doors?
Old 01-18-2018, 07:08 PM
DALE#3
Le Mans Master

Learn something New Every Day.Unless your a Know it all..
Didn't know Pratt&Miller were invoved with the Military.
Guess we know why Corvette Racing has been Successful.
Comcast may get FN Fox 2..Ohh Really.It's about time.
That BS That Speedchannel got shut down.Moved over to Fox 2,yea for some of us.Their was some good watching their.
With NASCAR Taking a Big Turd for awhile.Hopefully the ratings will rise on the Weather Tech GTLM Series.Would be Nice to see some practicing and set up coverage.
I know NHRA Has stepped up.The reopening of New England Dragway has seen some Sick Speeds. A Nitro Car is a Must Watch and FEEL.The Feeling of those car's Launching can't be explained.
Took these photo's from the 2017 Broshire with
A phone..Nuts

War Paint

Last edited by DALE#3; 01-18-2018 at 07:25 PM.
Old 01-18-2018, 07:25 PM
sunsalem
Race Director

Learn something New Every Day.Unless your a Know it all..
Didn't know Pratt&Miller were invoved with the Military.
Guess we know why Corvette Racing has been Successful.
Pratt & Miller is much, much more than Corvette Racing:
http://prattmiller.com/

Hopefully the ratings will rise on the Weather Tech GTLM Series.Would be Nice to see some practicing and set up coverage.
Here is a link concerning this year's Weathertech GTLM coverage:
https://www.imsa.com/how-watch/domestic-coverage
DALE#3 (01-18-2018)
Old 01-18-2018, 07:43 PM
DALE#3
Le Mans Master

Pratt & Miller is much, much more than
They really are.Did ya watch the Video's? Been watching them since a family drove together.Then couple weeks later...

Old 01-18-2018, 08:14 PM
rmorin1249
Le Mans Master

Received 1,738 Likes on 1,174 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15-'16,'18

Get notified of new replies

To Corvette Racing 2018

Old 01-18-2018, 11:29 PM
Foosh
Team Owner

Speed Channel wasn't shut down, it was purchased by Discovery Communications (Discovery Channel), which turned it into a car reality show channel (Velocity). The problem is, other than NASCAR, ratings suck for auto racing, and even NASCAR is now suffering. Velocity is now profitable with it's new format. Speed Channel never had the ratings to attract enough ad revenue.

It doesn't shock me that Fox is dropping LeMans. They used almost any excuse to bump the WeatherTech series off both FS1 and FS2, and bump it over to the FXGO streaming app, which constantly suffered from all kinds of technical glitches. Too few of us are interested for it to be profitable.

Pratt & Miller is much, much more than Corvette Racing:
http://prattmiller.com/

Here is a link concerning this year's Weathertech GTLM coverage:
https://www.imsa.com/how-watch/domestic-coverage
Yes they are, but what was said above was the opposite--Corvette Racing is Pratt & Miller. GM is essentially just the sponsor.

Last edited by Foosh; 01-18-2018 at 11:48 PM.
Old 01-19-2018, 01:32 AM
sunsalem
Race Director

They really are.Did ya watch the Video's? Been watching them since a family drove together.Then couple weeks later...
I stopped watching after seeing this :

Old 01-19-2018, 05:09 AM
DALE#3
Le Mans Master

I stopped watching after seeing this :
WOW,Never saw that photo.I remember JR. Missing a couple races.Of coarce it was a home track Louden Race.He claimed something helped him out...Check the flames inside.Guess it wasn't his time to go then.
Thanks Foose on the SC info.Velocity is a great watch..Well some stuff is,Ohh yea,Reality for ratings with some DRAMA Mixed..
P&M'S Write up on the ROAR BEFORE 24:

inShare
CORVETTE RACING AT DAYTONA: Mission Accomplished for the Roar
Defending IMSA GTLM championship team leaves satisfied with testing program

DAYTONA BEACH, Fla. (Jan. 7, 2018) – Corvette Racing left Daytona International Speedway content with the results of its testing program following the annual Roar Before the 24 and ahead of the opening race of the 2018 IMSA WeatherTech SportsCar Championship season.

The two Mobil 1/SiriusXM Chevrolet Corvette C7.Rs logged more than 1,400 miles between them during the three days and eight sessions of track time. The packed schedule included a 15-minute qualifying session to determine assignments for the pit boxes and garages when teams return later this month for the Rolex 24 At Daytona.

Oliver Gavin was the second-fastest GT Le Mans (GTLM) qualifier Sunday in the No. 4 Chevrolet Corvette C7.R with a lap of 1:43.640 (123.653 mph). Teammate Antonio Garcia wasn’t far behind in fifth at 1:43.998 (123.227 mph) in the No. 3 Corvette C7.R.

As it has for the last 20 years, Corvette Racing displayed its usual clever strategy and ingenuity to achieve its qualifying results. Even on a test weekend, the team consciously practiced drafting with its two Corvettes during multiple sessions in order to approach the performance levels of its quicker GTLM competitors.

All six Corvette Racing drivers were on-hand Friday through Sunday. Defending GTLM champions Garcia and Jan Magnussen are teaming with Mike Rockenfeller while Gavin and full-season teammate Tommy Milner are partnering with Marcel Fässler.

Corvette Racing and Chevrolet are coming off a second straight sweep of the GTLM Manufacturer, Driver and Team championships in the IMSA WeatherTech SportsCar Championship – titles won by combining driver skill with smart engineering strategy and team execution. That is a large reason for Corvette Racing’s success ahead of its 20th season – a mark unmatched by any other team in the IMSA paddock.

The Rolex 24 served as the first event for the Corvette Racing program in 1999, and one of the team’s Corvette C5-Rs finished third in class. Two years later, Corvette Racing won the race overall – the first of what is now 106 victories around the world. Fast forward to the current era, and the program added class victories in both 2015 and 2016. The latter was the thrilling 1-2 finish that saw the No. 4 Corvette beat its sister entry by just 0.034 seconds.

That is just one of more than 40 victories for Chevrolet across all motorsports events at Daytona, making it the most successful manufacturer at the World Center of Racing.

Corvette Racing will return to Daytona for the 56th Rolex 24 At Daytona on Jan. 25-28.

OLIVER GAVIN, NO. 4 MOBIL 1/SiriusXM CHEVROLET CORVETTE C7.R – QUALIFIED SECOND IN GTLM: “One of the key things for the Corvette Racing program is that we are learning and trying new things all the time. No one here ever rests on their laurels. Yes, we’ve had two very successful seasons, but everybody is still looking for ways to improve whether that is through the car with the technical partners we have with Mobil 1 and Michelin. Or whether it is the way the engineers interact with the drivers, and the drivers are working with each other out on track. That was a key part of the success of that qualifying session. Antonio and I had discussed with one another how we were going to do that session, and our engineering team talked it through with us. We had a strategy and plan, and it worked and paid off. Antonio was in front of me for five laps and basically pulled me around. It got me in second position. It proved that a strategy like that would work. Would we have been this close to the front without that? Absolutely not. I don’t know how far off we would have been, but we certainly wouldn’t have been second. It is nice to see a plan come together and work that way. I think there were a few people, myself included, wondering if it was going to work or not. But you have to put your faith and trust in the people around you and it paid off. Antonio once again drove brilliantly and set it up perfectly. He and I have got some history here now, and we know how to drive around one another here at this track! We have a good understanding and are good friends. It’s great to see a team work together like they did today and profit from it.”

ANTONIO GARCIA, NO. 3 MOBIL 1/SiriusXM CHEVROLET CORVETTE C7.R – QUALIFIED FIFTH IN GTLM: “Yes, we always come up with something different for sure. It was somewhat of a risk. We practiced that during the last two practices and on old tires. Traffic didn’t make it easy to do it, but then having our two Corvettes so equal made it less difficult. My only goal was to stay as fast as possible all the way to Turn Six, and then give Olly a nice tow all the way to the Bus Stop. We tried one lap where I just stayed in front of him to start/finish, and then the next one was like the finish of the 2016 race where he won by a foot. We timed it so he would go across the line in front of me. So I think it was worth quite a few tenths. We didn’t make it to be the fastest, but, that’s basically what we had to do to finish where we are. That’s really a very small portion of what the 24 Hours will be like, but it is good to have that experience. It was important to follow our test program, and I think everyone has gone according to plan.”

JAN MAGNUSSEN, NO. 3 MOBIL 1/SiriusXM CHEVROLET CORVETTE C7.R: “We had a good test and got through a lot of stuff. It was super cold most of the test, so it will be interesting to see if that helps us. Today was a little better and more representative of what we will have for the race. This is a brand new car, so we were able to shake it down and didn’t have any issues. I’m looking forward to coming back for the race week and see what we have.”

MIKE ROCKENFELLER, NO. 3 MOBIL 1/SiriusXM CHEVROLET CORVETTE C7.R: “As a driver, you always want more and more time in the car, but track time is at a premium at the Roar every year. I feel like we have maximized our efforts and run as many miles and as quickly as we can. We all know that later this month, the track conditions likely will be different. It has been quite cold this week but we have learned things that can help us for the race. I feel we are heading in the right direction. It’s always a pleasure to be in Daytona with Corvette Racing and drive a Corvette around this track.”

TOMMY MILNER, NO. 4 MOBIL 1/SiriusXM CHEVROLET CORVETTE C7.R: “The fact that we didn’t have any major issues is definitely a plus. It hasn’t always been like that for us! From that perspective, things couldn’t have gone better. Any opportunity you have to get laps at Daytona this close to the race is super important. We always come into this weekend with lots of things to try and ideas our engineers think might work to keep building on our book of information on these Corvettes. We have a good base to work from, but of the many items our engineers drew up, we saw some little gains from each of them. That’s encouraging for us.”

MARCEL FÄSSLER, NO. 4 MOBIL 1/SiriusXM CHEVROLET CORVETTE C7.R: “Everything has run quite well. There were a number of items on our test plan, and we ran through it fairly smoothly. This is why we are here – to test different kinds of things to make progress and development with the car. I also am happy with the time I could spend in the Corvette, even dividing it between three drivers. It was fairly easy to adapt to the car again after some time away… shortly after Petit Le Mans. This was a great opportunity to be back in it and with the team. I think we all feel good after this test.”

Quick Reply: Corvette Racing 2018