Sponsored by:

Price new '17 vert $79k MSRP

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2018, 01:16 PM
Rebel Yell
Le Mans Master

Received 2,639 Likes on 1,702 Posts

Originally Posted by dvilin
Unfortunately it does not matter what you think it is worth, or what people on this forum think it is worth. It is worth whatever the dealer thinks it is worth. Their price is not bad your thinking of 60 not going to happen.
We have to be realistic, and not expect the dealer to lose more money than he more than likely already will. Also, be careful with a lowball offer. You'll just embarrass yourself, and make the dealer angry. Good luck with your negotiations.
The following users liked this post:
dvilin (01-22-2018)
Old 01-22-2018, 01:40 PM
SRQ Vette
Instructor

Received 30 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by dvilin
Unfortunately it does not matter what you think it is worth, or what people on this forum think it is worth. It is worth whatever the dealer thinks it is worth. Their price is not bad your thinking of 60 not going to happen.
It is not clear that the OP actually intended to buy the car, but if he wanted it, I would strongly recommend that he should offer $60,000 for it. It is quite possible that the dealer has not had any offers on it, and may be willing to accept less than you think. Knowing that the 2019s are coming and that they still have a new 2016 as well as that 2017, I suspect that the owner or manager is getting nervous.

And contrary to your belief, in my opinion a car that is offered for sale is only worth what a buyer is willing to pay for it.
Old 01-22-2018, 02:15 PM
ojm
Le Mans Master

Received 202 Likes on 155 Posts

I need to try harder my dealer said "we don't discount" corvettes , yea sure,.

seems they can keep long maybe because high list price is factored in? any how I see what a base sells in the usa up here it seems a lot more even with exchange rates..but no expert just looking for a fair deal. Some of these cars up here have prices over 135k like what bs

No rush. like too sell a few bikes first and have more park space.

Last edited by ojm; 01-22-2018 at 02:17 PM.
Old 01-22-2018, 02:26 PM
dvilin
Team Owner

Received 7,928 Likes on 4,810 Posts

Originally Posted by SRQ Vette
It is not clear that the OP actually intended to buy the car, but if he wanted it, I would strongly recommend that he should offer $60,000 for it. It is quite possible that the dealer has not had any offers on it, and may be willing to accept less than you think. Knowing that the 2019s are coming and that they still have a new 2016 as well as that 2017, I suspect that the owner or manager is getting nervous.

And contrary to your belief, in my opinion a car that is offered for sale is only worth what a buyer is willing to pay for it.
Check out the ops response. As for your opinion well you know what they say about opinions.

Quick Reply: Price new '17 vert $79k MSRP