Sponsored by:

2 seat memory setting questions

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2018, 04:22 PM
mammoth713
Melting Slicks

Received 555 Likes on 278 Posts

Default 2 seat memory setting questions

I have a c5z and your a/c settings and seat position are assigned in the car computer modules to your key fob #. So if I'm using key fob #2, all the same settings save with when I unlock the car with key fob #2. Is that feature on the c7?

In my c5z, you can have where the car will automatically move the drivers seat back so it's easier to enter/exit the car. Is that feature on all c7?

Thanks
Old 01-31-2018, 05:05 PM
Zymurgy

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 15,135 Likes on 6,196 Posts

C7 memory only adjusts the seats, outside mirrors and steering wheel.

Yes, easy exit is on the C7.

Memory functions are only on 2LT, 3LT (and the Z06 equivalent 2LZ and 3LZ) trim levels. Not on the 1LT/1LZ.

Last edited by Zymurgy; 01-31-2018 at 05:07 PM.
Old 01-31-2018, 05:12 PM
gixxerbill
Race Director

Received 61 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally Posted by Zymurgy
C7 memory only adjusts the seats, outside mirrors and steering wheel.

Yes, easy exit is on the C7.

Memory functions are only on 2LT, 3LT (and the Z06 equivalent 2LZ and 3LZ) trim levels. Not on the 1LT/1LZ.
Zymurgy, Why is it sometimes my seat will not go back to my setting when I enter and push start. I have to hit the "1" setting over and over again and it adjust it a little at a time to back to my setting. Sometimes it does it right other times it doesn't ...frustrating.
Old 01-31-2018, 05:47 PM
Zymurgy

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 15,135 Likes on 6,196 Posts

gixxerbill, two possibilities:
  1. You are using a different fob sometimes.
  2. You have your exit position set a little too far back and the seat is hitting the limit sensor. If the limit sensor is triggered, seat movement will be erratic.
Old 01-31-2018, 06:58 PM
gixxerbill
Race Director

Received 61 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally Posted by Zymurgy
gixxerbill, two possibilities:
  1. You are using a different fob sometimes.
  2. You have your exit position set a little too far back and the seat is hitting the limit sensor. If the limit sensor is triggered, seat movement will be erratic.
thanks I will try number 2. i know it's not number 1 because I broke the **** out of that key fob and i'm too cheap to replace it.

I will scoot my seat up a little more for exit. Thanks man!
Old 01-31-2018, 07:05 PM
Wjereb
Instructor

Received 41 Likes on 28 Posts

My '18 is different from my '14 in that I found if I put my ebrake on, the seat will slide back to the exit position. And i need to start the car first before the seat will move up to the driving position. Not easy for someone who is 5’ 7” (on a good day) and has to push the clutch all the way in.

Bill
Old 01-31-2018, 09:23 PM
madrob2020
Melting Slicks

Received 960 Likes on 622 Posts

Originally Posted by Wjereb
My '18 is different from my '14 in that I found if I put my ebrake on, the seat will slide back to the exit position. And i need to start the car first before the seat will move up to the driving position. Not easy for someone who is 5’ 7” (on a good day) and has to push the clutch all the way in.

Bill
This does not sound correct. My '14 Z51 M7 & now my '16 Z M7 both move seat to driving position from exit position simply by pushing the start button without depressing clutch ('cause car would start then). You "might" need to review your owner's manual or view some of the videos explaining how to set it up. A very good one has a young lady (don't remember her name-Cute Ginger maybe)?
The following users liked this post:
Wjereb (02-01-2018)
Old 02-01-2018, 02:48 PM
Wjereb
Instructor

Received 41 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by madrob2020
This does not sound correct. My '14 Z51 M7 & now my '16 Z M7 both move seat to driving position from exit position simply by pushing the start button without depressing clutch ('cause car would start then). You "might" need to review your owner's manual or view some of the videos explaining how to set it up. A very good one has a young lady (don't remember her name-Cute Ginger maybe)?
I tried this today and it worked like you said. Thanks for the tip!
Old 02-01-2018, 03:30 PM
defaria
Safety Car

Received 1,203 Likes on 732 Posts

Originally Posted by gixxerbill
Zymurgy, Why is it sometimes my seat will not go back to my setting when I enter and push start. I have to hit the "1" setting over and over again and it adjust it a little at a time to back to my setting. Sometimes it does it right other times it doesn't ...frustrating.
If you're an M7 (can't comment on A8's) if you had left the car and failed to engage the Ebrake then for some odd reason when you get back in and start her up the seat will not move to the seat pos #1 (or #2 depending on the fob you have).

If you seat fails to move forward look down at your dash panel and see if the ebrake indicator indicates that you have the ebrake engaged. In every time that my seat has failed to move forward I've always seen that the ebrake was not engaged when I parked the car.

Get notified of new replies

To 2 seat memory setting questions

Quick Reply: 2 seat memory setting questions