Sponsored by:

Blendmount pics

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2018, 09:48 PM
segen77
Racer

Received 51 Likes on 34 Posts
Default Blendmount pics

Does anyone happen to have comparison pics of your radar mounted with a blendmount vs without? I have the R3, and it would be great if you had those pics.

Ideally, the camera would be in the same place and you would just have one pic with detector on and one with it off. I'm just curious how much of my vision will be blocked. I'd hate to spend the money on the mount only to not end up keeping it.

I've tried searching and can't find pics, and I've also tried holding the detector up to the mirror, but then my hands are just in the way.
Old 02-19-2018, 12:06 AM
Gearhead Jim
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2,063 Likes on 1,371 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13

Not sure if this is any help, but...

On our 2017 2LT I have a Valentine detector in a blendmount. Since I use the Valentine "Concealed" display, I don't need to see the detector itself, and I don't like reducing the already-crummy visibility more than absolutely necessary. So I have the mount adjusted to position the detector as high as possible, trying to hide it from my vision just forward of the mirror. About the top 1/4 of the detector is hidden, the bottom 3/4 still visible. The higher you sit, the more the detector will be hidden but obviously that is limited.

Blendmount makes various lengths of the horizontal "arm" which holds the detector, I was able to try the longer lengths but they didn't help any in getting the detector out of my vision.

Also, if you get the detector too high then the mirror can get in the way when you try to install/remove the detector.
Old 02-19-2018, 05:46 AM
Millerrock
Pro

Received 241 Likes on 146 Posts

I have a valentine and I forget it’s there, nice and tite against the mirror and don’t even notice it blocking whatever vison it may be blocking. I will take pics tonight and post up
Old 02-19-2018, 08:10 AM
cowboy casey
Drifting

Received 573 Likes on 389 Posts

hmmm, I have a pic from the other side and a video with the R3 installed This is a modified mount though, I actually cut the single suction cup window mount off to use in the blendmount.. I have been debating getting the new mount because it puts the detector closer to the windshield (about 2 inches closer from my pick), I like that its back further and harder to see from the outside..

Attachment 48352417
Old 02-20-2018, 02:16 PM
Vette-Pilot
Instructor

Received 28 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by segen77
Does anyone happen to have comparison pics of your radar mounted with a blendmount vs without? I have the R3, and it would be great if you had those pics.

Ideally, the camera would be in the same place and you would just have one pic with detector on and one with it off. I'm just curious how much of my vision will be blocked. I'd hate to spend the money on the mount only to not end up keeping it.

I've tried searching and can't find pics, and I've also tried holding the detector up to the mirror, but then my hands are just in the way.
Valentine.
Attached Images  
Old 02-20-2018, 07:54 PM
segen77
Racer

Received 51 Likes on 34 Posts

Hey Everyone. I appreciate the pics. None of these really show me what I hoped they would, but it may not be realistic to get the pics I want. I appreciate it anyway.
Old 02-20-2018, 09:23 PM
Comebackid
Instructor

Received 57 Likes on 30 Posts

I recently installed the Blendmount with my R3. Get it! A little pricey even with the coupon code, but it's worth every penny. You have flexibility as to how you want to mount the radar detector, but I wanted it a little further back from the mirror and just below with no space. I don't think you can pull that off with other mounts.

As far as vision, I don't even know it's there. I prefer to run it in dark mode. It almost looks stock.

Last edited by Comebackid; 02-21-2018 at 09:21 AM. Reason: Correction
Old 02-21-2018, 08:42 AM
1FUNC5
Le Mans Master

Received 49 Likes on 46 Posts

Originally Posted by Comebackid
I recently installed the Blendmount with my R3. Get it! A little pricey even with the coupon code, but it's worth every penny. You have flexibility as to how you want to mount the radar detector, but I wanted it flush with the mirror and just below with no space. I don't think you can pull that off with other mounts.

As far as vision, I don't even know it's there. I prefer to run it in dark mode. It almost looks stock.

What’s the coupon code?
Old 02-21-2018, 09:23 AM
Comebackid
Instructor

Received 57 Likes on 30 Posts

Coupon code: FRIEND125. Should save you 12.5%

If it doesn't work, try searching. It seems there is always a coupon that works.

Get notified of new replies

To Blendmount pics

Quick Reply: Blendmount pics