Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Advice on ordering a GS custom just for me - versus buying off the lot

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2018, 02:49 PM
Avanti
Race Director

Received 5,262 Likes on 3,490 Posts

I get EXACTLY what I want or I don't waste my money. I've lots of toys so I don't have to take what I don't want.

There will always be more or they can be ordered. But, everyone's situation is different. Only YOU can decide what your genuine options are and what you are willing to compromise on, if anything. YOUR call. All the best!
Old 02-20-2018, 03:00 PM
mschuyler
Safety Car

Received 3,819 Likes on 1,615 Posts

Originally Posted by IRMB
I was quoted a $4,000 difference.
Then you're talking apples and oranges here. $4000 difference amounts to between 4-5%, which is a crazy difference unless you're talking different model years altogether, like an ordered 2019 vs an in stock 2017 1LT in black. Just call one or many of the forum dealers and ask. Rick Conti at Coughlin, Macmulkin, Kerbeck, Mike Furman. They are all well-respected "forum dealers," i.e.: They sponsor this forum. (There are some others I don't recall off the top of my head so no intent to slight anyone.) Many people on this forum have purchased from them. NONE of us can point you to the proverbial "BEST DEAL" because YMMV and market conditions change. MY experience was a 1% difference. If yours is different, oh, well! It's not an argument. Basically we have told you already. Ordered cars cost a bit more than in stock cars. The most accurate and up-to-date information comes from the dealers themselves. Anything we can say is an additional step removed. We can point you in the right direction which many people here already have, but the onus is upon you to do your due diligence and research based on your own needs.
Old 02-20-2018, 03:23 PM
Dave@Ciocca
Platinum Supporting Dealership

Received 1,656 Likes on 393 Posts

Originally Posted by IRMB
You guessed wrong. But since you're in the industry - guide me. how does a consumer do this and get the best deal and have some good idea what the final cost will be. Again - no uneducated guesses - just assume all other things being equal.
There's nothing to do but your homework. There are 3,000 Chevrolet dealers in the US and they could all have their own policy.

The dealers here on the forum are all good guys and usually pretty close in pricing. I would send each on an email of what you wanted and ask them for their best price. Once you get the best offer, take that offer to your two or three closest dealers and see if they will match or beat it and go from there.

Dave

Last edited by Dave@Ciocca; 02-20-2018 at 03:27 PM.
The following users liked this post:
IRMB (02-20-2018)

Quick Reply: Advice on ordering a GS custom just for me - versus buying off the lot