Sponsored by:

Warranty/Extended warranty + HPDE

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2018, 01:05 PM
village idiot
Le Mans Master

Received 1,913 Likes on 1,053 Posts

Default Warranty/Extended warranty + HPDE

Has anyone had any problems with GM covering their car due to HPDE days? I'm about to pull the trigger on a warranty since I'll do a good number of track days per year. Other than pads, fluid tires and maybe rotors, the car will remain stock.

It says this in the Terms and Conditions:

Vehicles used in the following manner are excluded from all coverage’s:
*Towing/wrecker service, road repair operations.
*Vehicles used for competitive driving, racing on-road/off-road or principally off-road use, whether or not the vehicle is licensed for commercial purpose.
*Vehicles used for taxi, livery, rental, limousine or shuttle.
*Vehicles with non-standard equipment installed specifically to facilitate commercial use.
*Vehicles modified for racing, off-road, fire services or fire service, or other performance or emergency use.
*All “Grey-Market” vehicles (include vehicles imported from Canada on which the manufacturer has nullified their own manufacturer’s warranty.

Last edited by village idiot; 02-20-2018 at 01:09 PM.
Old 02-20-2018, 01:12 PM
Glennm27
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,413 Likes on 613 Posts
2017 C7 of the Year Finalist
St. Jude Contributor

I had an LS7 in my 08 Z06 replaced under warranty. Worn valve guide issue. The problem on reared it’s head at the track under WOT. It finally cooked entering T10 at VIR. GM people were at the track that day. Everyone involved in the warranty decision knew that car was at many track days. Computer was never touched. If you get into the computer(s) all bets are off.
Old 02-20-2018, 01:17 PM
village idiot
Le Mans Master

Received 1,913 Likes on 1,053 Posts

Nope, not touching anything.
I figure for $2400, it's worth it given the cost of the direct injection, e-diff, etc. If nothing else, I bet I'll go through some brake caliper seals, wheel bearings etc.
Old 02-20-2018, 01:21 PM
Glennm27
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,413 Likes on 613 Posts
2017 C7 of the Year Finalist
St. Jude Contributor

A few years prior to my own incident I watched another LS7 just ahead of me at VIR detonate and completely exploded the bottom end of that engine. A spectacular fireball ensued out the back of the car that burned the paint off the rear facia. Again, GM personell were at the track that day. Owner was asked in the paddock “Have you ever tuned this car? Ever Been in the computer at all?”
He was not. They had the car towed to a Chevrolet dealer in NC. They verified the computer was never touched. They gave him a new engine and repaired the car all under warranty.
Old 02-20-2018, 11:11 PM
Gearhead Jim
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2,065 Likes on 1,372 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13

GM seems to be pretty good with the factory warranty on the C7's used for HPDE, I wonder how the GMEPP (Chevrolet Plan now) treats HPDE?

Get notified of new replies

To Warranty/Extended warranty + HPDE

Quick Reply: Warranty/Extended warranty + HPDE