Sponsored by:

Plasti dip

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2018, 04:18 PM
Ctkizer
Intermediate

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Plasti dip

Hey guys. I installed my side skirts today and decided to use my surplus supplies of plasti dip. I had this version of obsidian pearl that's looks really close to carbon flash. It looks almost identical minus the gloss from the factory gloss you get from normal paint. This pic is hard to tell but I just wanted to let folks know. Because I stink with normal rattle can paints. But I'm good with plasti dip. I'm gonna do the same to my splitter and DAC spoiler when it comes later today from FedEx.
Attached Images   
Old 03-20-2018, 04:22 PM
Jeff V.
Le Mans Master

Received 4,086 Likes on 1,971 Posts

I'm interested to see how it looks installed on the car. Do you think this will be any more durable than regular paint? I have a splitter that needs some rehab, so this might be an option.
Old 03-20-2018, 04:38 PM
Ctkizer
Intermediate

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

The best thing about it is I just peel it off and reapply. If you want to make it it scratch resistant. They make a top peelable coat. Not sure if it comes in an aersol but dipyourcar.com sells alot off amazing things for it. I painted my camaro skirts with regular paint and gloss which took a long time. But unfortunately rocks chips happened with is a really bummer cuz I had to sand and repaint. With plasti dip parts I just peel and respray which takes less time for me. Normal paint and gloss looks the best tho

Get notified of new replies

To Plasti dip

Quick Reply: Plasti dip