Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Stingray Corvette ride through the county side twisty road sooo relaxing

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2018, 11:04 AM
smajicek
Burning Brakes

Received 176 Likes on 111 Posts
Default Stingray Corvette ride through the county side twisty road sooo relaxing

Sit back and enjoy this 6 minute ride through the countryside last Saturday. Took my friend from the Czech Republic on this scenic ride before dropping him off at the airport.😃 It gets exciting at 3.2 minutes into the video and some engine growl at the end at 6.2 min.

This nice road is about 3 miles from my house
The following 6 users liked this post by smajicek:
jdk541 (05-07-2018), JerryU (04-30-2018), jonesaut (04-20-2018), Palantirion (04-30-2018), Skidplate (05-08-2018), SouthOCBoy (05-07-2018) and 1 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 04-22-2018, 11:43 AM
smajicek
Burning Brakes

I started a youtube channel Friday morning https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCp6...Sy7OygsP32TEHQ with that video subscribe to see future videos coming. Next video will be with a drone aerial view of that same route. it will get tricky as there are power lines and some trees very low so my friend will have to perform some magic moves to avoid crashing his drone into them and ofcourse I don't want his drone crashing into my car. This will take probably several takes just like in the movie industry. lol

for those members that have already watched this video no need to watch it again but just go there to subscribe to get notified when I post future videos. I hope the moderators of this forum don't delete this posting because I am not selling anything or am being sponsored by anyone. My youtube channel is there to share nice videos for the general world to see and enjoy.
Old 04-22-2018, 01:40 PM
Rebel Yell
Le Mans Master

Received 2,639 Likes on 1,702 Posts

Some of the best blood pressure medicine known to man.
The following users liked this post:
smajicek (04-22-2018)
Old 04-30-2018, 01:31 AM
smajicek
Burning Brakes

Today me and my co pilot with the drone went out on this same route with high hopes he would be able to do a great video from above the car. Lets just say its easier said than done. He had some troubles getting focused on my car even though I was traveling very well below the speed limit, the winds were overwhelming the Parrot Bebob 2 drone crashed into a tree. Viewing the footage afterwards on my computer there were sections that looked great and sections where you swear he was drunk flying the drone. We have not given up, we need to wait for a less windy day and we will try a feature called followme which uses gps to follow the phone or tablet at say 20-30 feet away. For those that have subscribed to my youtube thanks and you will get notified when my 2nd video gets uploaded. My YouTube channel name is Blown YLZ51 just search, watch and enjoy.
Old 04-30-2018, 08:31 AM
javenius
Racer

Received 152 Likes on 100 Posts

Great video.

My wife and I recently had a similar "relaxing" ride through the Cherohala Skyway and Tale of the Dragon. Both are highly recommended. In fact the route leading north to Tellico Plains (from Atlanta) was just as enjoyable. Glad I had the mag ride update completed before this trip!

Thanks to those who advised this route was well worth the time to get off I75 on our way back to Michigan.

Jim
Old 04-30-2018, 09:44 AM
DPC57
Pro

Received 323 Likes on 141 Posts

I was all set to do this same type of video a couple weeks ago when we finally got some nice weather. Unfortunately I ran into a traffic caravan with 3 cars stuck behind a tourist driving between 5 and 10 MPH under the speed limit on back roads that are all double yellow line and twisty.

To my great embarrassment, the tourist was driving a C6 vert I almost posted a video excerpt here.
Old 04-30-2018, 10:11 AM
JerryU
E-Ray, 3LZ, ZER, LIFT
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 9,626 Likes on 6,630 Posts

Originally Posted by smajicek
Sit back and enjoy this 6 minute ride through the countryside last Saturday. Took my friend from the Czech Republic on this scenic ride before dropping him off at the airport.�� It gets exciting at 3.2 minutes into the video and some engine growl at the end at 6.2 min.

Funny, did something similar on a ~250 miles round trip to the zMAX Dragway in NC this past Friday! About 75/80 miles roundtrip are though a similar but twister road on a ridge through farm country, Rt 218 in NC! Many twists and turns, no shoulders and few intersections on this narrow 2 lane road (however also no drops to fall off or need for guardrails!) There are many sections marked allowing passing BUT all very short because of the terrain and ability to see oncoming traffic.

Been using that back road for over 25 years on my way to the Charlotte Motor Speed (next to the Dragway) for racing, swap meet events etc. In a normal car it's fun just to stay at the 55 mph speed limit! With the Vette have to use lower gears to pass to reduce exposure time then use brakes to get back to a reasonable speed!

On the way back had to pass a BMW Z4 that was using brakes on curves! No need! Made quick work of passing it and had few other cars/trucks to pass. Is a fun trip. Took Rt 52 from it all the way home (a two lane road through the country.) Apple CarPlay even found a short cut to my home that GM NAV in my 2014 C7 nor my Garmin ever found! Love Apple CarPaly and my new MRC software. Was in Sport the whole trip. Great ride!

PS: Also have the Phil Collins "Live Over Europe" album in my 1000+ songs on a Thumb drive! Several payed on that trip. I recall "No Son of Mine!"

Last edited by JerryU; 04-30-2018 at 10:28 AM.
Old 04-30-2018, 10:42 AM
defaria
Safety Car

Received 1,203 Likes on 732 Posts

Whenever I upload a video to YouTube like this I usually get a copyright violation and a take down because the of the music. How did you get around that?
Old 05-06-2018, 01:23 AM
smajicek
Burning Brakes

Going to do that drone video tomorrow if its not too windy, wish me luck?
repo czar (05-06-2018)
Old 05-06-2018, 07:53 AM
Apocolips
Drifting

Received 267 Likes on 134 Posts

Sit back and enjoy this 6 minute ride through the countryside last Saturday. Took my friend from the Czech Republic on this scenic ride before dropping him off at the airport.😃 It gets exciting at 3.2 minutes into the video and some engine growl at the end at 6.2 min.

https://youtu.be/SpcmilSDOUs
I posted a YouTube video a while back driving through some beautiful country. I had “Don’t Fear the Reaper” on the radio in the background. When I posted the video YouTube blocked it saying the music was copy righted and couldn’t post it with the audio content. I tried again with a different song on the radio and that was denied as well. How did you get them to accept your video?
Old 05-06-2018, 09:09 AM
smajicek
Burning Brakes

When I posted my video I the it blocked the audio also because of copyright issue but asked if I owned the song which I did so it then unblocked my audio.
Old 05-06-2018, 09:54 AM
Apocolips
Drifting

Received 267 Likes on 134 Posts

When I posted my video I the it blocked the audio also because of copyright issue but asked if I owned the song which I did so it then unblocked my audio.
Interesting, I have a thumb drive that I listen to that I have recorded all of my tunes to. I don't remember them asking me if I owned the title. I'll have to try it again, the videos are much more fun to watch with a great song in the background!
Old 05-06-2018, 09:58 AM
VaydorVette1
Instructor

Received 29 Likes on 21 Posts

Sweet!!
So you own the rights to that Genisis song? Cool.

Last edited by VaydorVette1; 05-06-2018 at 10:31 AM.
Old 05-06-2018, 10:20 AM
smajicek
Burning Brakes

No I bought the song, I own it so I own the right to listen to it on my infotainment system right?

Last edited by smajicek; 05-06-2018 at 10:28 AM.
Old 05-06-2018, 10:39 AM
VaydorVette1
Instructor

No I bought the song, I own it so I own the right to listen to it on my infotainment system right?
Of course you have the right to listen to it. You can listen to it anywhere you like.
But you don't have the right to reproduce it (as captured in your video) and you don't have the right to distribute it (via Youtube or any place else).

Youtube will probably come at you again or they'll just take the video down.
Or you can resolve this in advance and remove the song, replace it with some public domain recording or something else..
But you can't use copyrighted work owned by someone else.

Nice drive though.
Old 05-06-2018, 11:00 AM
smajicek
Burning Brakes

So you saying I have to turn my radio off during my drive with my dash cam that runs constantly?
Old 05-06-2018, 11:32 AM
JerryU
E-Ray, 3LZ, ZER, LIFT
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 9,626 Likes on 6,630 Posts

So you saying I have to turn my radio off during my drive with my dash cam that runs constantly?
Unless you were asking Youtube to allow folks to post ads on your video, bit surprised they objected!

For the business I have some 30 video's and I use sounds daughter produced. But I don't allow ads. She does and had to prove she owned the software that she used to produce the music and that the software said it was allowed for commercial use.

FWIW:
Although I made 95% of the pics on my website myself, I was using some I got from the net. Daughter always warned me including using clip art from MS word etc that clearly says it may be subject to copywrite.

A number of years ago I was caught with a very small thumbnail size pic! Thought I would fight but not worth the cost! Negotiated but still paid several hundred dollars! Removing is NOT enough! Now I buy all pics I use (only ~$1 each for web use from several sources.)

There are companies that exist that just use spiders and search the web for possible infringement. Daughter was in charge of Academic Computing and had Professors getting in trouble for posting art work that was copyrighted! The College paid!

Last edited by JerryU; 05-06-2018 at 11:35 AM.

Get notified of new replies

To Stingray Corvette ride through the county side twisty road sooo relaxing

Old 05-06-2018, 11:47 AM
VaydorVette1
Instructor

Not necessarily.
For your own personal enjoyment, it's all good and fine.

It's all about what you intend to do with the combined content afterwards.

The combined content = the video + the audio (soundtrack)

The Video
You own the rights to the video and can do whatever you want with it.
NOTE: once you post it to YouTube, you've granted them all rights to do whatever they want (with it).
YouTube Terms Of Service state:

For clarity,...by submitting Content to YouTube, you hereby grant YouTube a worldwide, non-exclusive, royalty-free, sublicenseable and transferable license to use, reproduce, distribute, prepare derivative works of, display, and perform the Content in connection with the Service and YouTube's (and its successors' and affiliates') business, including without limitation for promoting and redistributing part or all of the Service (and derivative works thereof) in any media formats and through any media channels.

This means they can do WHATEVER THEY WANT with your video.
The "Service" is NOT Free. The cost is your content.
At least they're limiting it to "WorldWide". Other on-line services have actually included "The Moon" and "The Known Universe".

The Audio
You don't have any right to grant YouTube those "worldwide non-exclusive blah rights" to the copyrighted song owned by someone else.
You're effectively taking the property of someone else, declaring ownership and then granting another entity (YouTube) the right to redistribute.
Can't do that.

I realize this is probably not an issue.. but for godsake's don't use any Disney songs in your videos. They will come after you looking for $$$.
Oh and movie soundtracks. All of 'em are watermarked these days. And they will use the watermark forensically.

Hope this helps.

Last edited by VaydorVette1; 05-06-2018 at 11:47 AM.
Old 05-06-2018, 12:26 PM
jdk541
Safety Car

Received 606 Likes on 291 Posts
St. Jude Donor '22-'23

Nice video. I really enjoyed watching it. Great song choice too.

I really hope you enjoyed the drive through the curves since you will probably be doing 25 years to life for using a song that you never paid the right to.

DALE#3 (05-06-2018)
Old 05-06-2018, 04:05 PM
smajicek
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by jdk541
Nice video. I really enjoyed watching it. Great song choice too.

I really hope you enjoyed the drive through the curves since you will probably be doing 25 years to life for using a song that you never paid the right to.

But I paid for the song and have it on my usb which played during the video. The video posting is not about the song it is about the ride. I guess everyone needs to roll up their windows to songs they have playing in their car because forbid if anyone next to you hearing your music would be copyright issue right?
Apocolips (05-07-2018)

Quick Reply: Stingray Corvette ride through the county side twisty road sooo relaxing