Le Mans Master

Received 1,365 Likes on 790 Posts

Way to jump in with both feet!
Old 02-06-2019, 06:09 PM
Palantirion
Burning Brakes

Received 268 Likes on 150 Posts

Originally Posted by Parcival
Congrats! Replacing the Z4 M coupe finally?!
- No, certainly not any time soon. But I may put the Z4 back to NA to make my life simpler.
Old 02-11-2019, 01:04 AM
Palantirion
Burning Brakes

*UPDATE*
https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...post1598856447
Old 02-11-2019, 07:59 AM
Billy346
Burning Brakes

Received 405 Likes on 228 Posts

A couple pieces of advice from one first time C7 Vette owner to another:

1. While your dealer may be great in terms of their sales service, don't count on them to teach you about how the car works. This responsibility will most likely fall on your shoulders.

2. Read the whole owners manual cover to cover. It explains many things that would only be head scratchers had you not read it. It also explains certain phenomena that would otherwise make you think that the car has a problem.

3. The following link leads to a page on this forum that was very helpful to me: NORMAL things the Vette does. (That don't always seem normal)

4. The owners manual does not adequately explain the operation of the infotainment system and your dash drivers information center. Mike Furman posts some informative you tube videos on how to operate the system. The best way to learn is to sit in the driveway with your car running and just toggle through the various menus to see what everything does. After a while, you'll get the hang of it and you will find that it is fairly intuitive.....with practice.

5. Go to the spring mountain driving school. With that kind of muscle under your hood, learning how to fully enjoy it is well worth the expense.

Enjoy your new Corvette! Like you, I have driven many great cars. (Although I haven't owned them all) I think that you will find that the Corvette out-performs its price tag and is just flat out fun to own. People tend to like it also. It's a "good time" car....kids will cheer when you drive through neighborhoods, and adults will tell you how they always wanted one or had one before they had kids. It makes people smile.

Last edited by Billy346; 02-11-2019 at 08:07 AM.
The following users liked this post:
Palantirion (02-11-2019)
Old 02-11-2019, 01:56 PM
Skid Row Joe
Team Owner

Received 4,001 Likes on 2,888 Posts

Thank you, Mac Haik Chevrolet, Houston, Texas, for selling me this new 2017 3LT, M7, Convertible @ -20% discount! I'm loving it!

Old 02-11-2019, 09:18 PM
Thunder22
Team Owner

Received 2,312 Likes on 1,457 Posts

Originally Posted by Billy346

1. While your dealer may be great in terms of their sales service, don't count on them to teach you about how the car works. This responsibility will most likely fall on your shoulders.

2. Read the whole owners manual cover to cover. It explains many things that would only be head scratchers had you not read it. It also explains certain phenomena that would otherwise make you think that the car has a problem.

3. The following link leads to a page on this forum that was very helpful to me: NORMAL things the Vette does. (That don't always seem normal)

4. The owners manual does not adequately explain the operation of the infotainment system and your dash drivers information center. Mike Furman posts some informative you tube videos on how to operate the system. The best way to learn is to sit in the driveway with your car running and just toggle through the various menus to see what everything does. After a while, you'll get the hang of it and you will find that it is fairly intuitive.....with practice.

5. Go to the spring mountain driving school. With that kind of muscle under your hood, learning how to fully enjoy it is well worth the expense.

Enjoy your new Corvette! Like you, I have driven many great cars. (Although I haven't owned them all) I think that you will find that the Corvette out-performs its price tag and is just flat out fun to own. People tend to like it also. It's a "good time" car....kids will cheer when you drive through neighborhoods, and adults will tell you how they always wanted one or had one before they had kids. It makes people smile.
That's a bad dealer, especially compared to buying from someone like Mike Furman who will spend as much time as you need learning about the car. When I bought my 2017 from him he spent over 2 hours with the couple who were picking up a car before me.
Old 02-12-2019, 03:15 AM
Palantirion
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Billy346

1. Actually my dealer Andy at Barker is awesome with vehicle knowledge. The delivering dealer....mmmm...not so much.
2. K.I.S.S., thanks for the reminder. Will do!
3. Good stuff. Thanks.
4. Thanks, I'll check those out too....
5. Definitely. Will be calling them soon to see if there is time during the spring weather before summer hits. Thanks for the reminder.
Old 02-12-2019, 04:08 PM
dbirdhouse1
Safety Car

Received 876 Likes on 588 Posts

Default wow....

….what a first time Vette to own, well done sir
Old 02-12-2019, 10:44 PM
boss2k
Burning Brakes

Received 249 Likes on 177 Posts

Originally Posted by Skid Row Joe

Thank you, Mac Haik Chevrolet, Houston, Texas, for selling me this new 2017 3LT, M7, Convertible @ -20% discount! I'm loving it!

Beautiful car, is that arctic white? Which spoiler is that?
Old 02-12-2019, 10:48 PM
boss2k
Burning Brakes

Received 249 Likes on 177 Posts

Originally Posted by Palantirion
Hello. I am, in effect, now officially a first-time Corvette owner. I put down the deposit for my ZR1 today and will have it as soon as GM sees fit. As a first-timer I had many questions prior to purchase, and this forum has been a godsend of advice. So a heartfelt thanks to all of you who have guided me in this purchase!

Special thanks to forum members Outlaw Joe, Mike@Criswell and LoveTwoFly for helping me source excellent dealers and learn more about the ZR1 ordering process. And definitely thanks to Tommy at MacMulkin Chevrolet in NH. Tommy's a good guy, very responsive and went out of his way to make sure I got information about ZR1 allocation mechanics that I otherwise would have been naive to. I would happily refer potential customers to his dealership. I didn't purchase mine with him only because his policy is to not rely on other dealers for courtesy delivery (at least for ZR1s). A small thing in the whole, but it mattered in my case. If that isn't a factor for you go give him a call. Tommy still has a few ZR1 allocations left.

And a super-special thanks goes out to Andy at Barker Chevrolet. I was refered to him by a forum member and he was immediately responsive, helpful, courteous and Johny-on-the-spot with regards to communication. I live in Orange County CA, and the dealers around me all want $20k over MSRP for their ZR1 allocation spots. Andy was fine with MSRP and then did all the legwork to find me a courtesy delivery not too far from my house for $500 (many local dealers wanted a lot more) So aside from getting it done he made things as hassel-free as possible and saved me a little money vs. my next-best out-of-state alternative. I would strongly lean toward going back to Andy for any future Chevy purchase, even something as benign as a Colorado to replace my old F-150.

Thanks again to the forum and its members. To my surprise I have felt immediately right at home here, and I look forward to sharing pics once I get my car.
-Earl
Many congrats you will love the car. Last weekend rode the ZR1 , amazing power and looks

I echo the same comment , the forum members have been so responsive and helpful , it helped my car buying process immensely. Being first time prospective buyer and never owned a corvette everyone answered my basic questions and gave me so much information which i could not have got it from dealer itself.

Quick Reply: A "Thank You" thread