Strange behaviour: All interior cluster lights went off

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2018, 05:54 PM
kickster
Intermediate

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Strange behaviour: All interior cluster lights went off

Hi
I picked up my new 2019 GS this morning. Drove it in town for 25 km and took it home to park it. My parking is under ground (2 floor down) I entered the underground parking and everything was ok until I tried to turn on my front camera to make sure the front lip has enough clearance. I got several warning message that the function is not available at certain speed. (I was crawling at 5 KM/H ) I almost came to stop and tried the camera again and all of the sudden everything turned off. I mean everything including the cluster. The only thing visible was my gear selector on cluster. everything was pitch dark.
I turned off the car and restart to see if any thing changes and still no light or power on any of the screens. I decided to drive the car back to dealer and as I came out of under ground parking everything came back to life. I tried the camera and it worked fine.

during my 25 km drive I always smelled something burning which I assumed it is a new car and has never been driven before so it should be normal.

Has any one experienced anything like this?
Old 04-21-2018, 07:36 PM
Grand Slam
Drifting

Received 560 Likes on 362 Posts

Gremlins often go away with a restart never to be seen again. If it does reoccur I would take it back to the dealer.

New car smell doesn't smell like something burning. You might smell the cats from outside but I wouldn't expect you to be able to smell them inside. If you really think you're smelling something burning than a top to the dealer is appropriate.
Old 04-21-2018, 09:47 PM
PatternDayTrader
Race Director

Received 1,056 Likes on 769 Posts

Originally Posted by kickster
Hi
I picked up my new 2019 GS this morning. Drove it in town for 25 km and took it home to park it. My parking is under ground (2 floor down) I entered the underground parking and everything was ok until I tried to turn on my front camera to make sure the front lip has enough clearance. I got several warning message that the function is not available at certain speed. (I was crawling at 5 KM/H ) I almost came to stop and tried the camera again and all of the sudden everything turned off. I mean everything including the cluster. The only thing visible was my gear selector on cluster. everything was pitch dark.
I turned off the car and restart to see if any thing changes and still no light or power on any of the screens. I decided to drive the car back to dealer and as I came out of under ground parking everything came back to life. I tried the camera and it worked fine.

during my 25 km drive I always smelled something burning which I assumed it is a new car and has never been driven before so it should be normal.

Has any one experienced anything like this?
​​​​​​​Is it possible some sort of auto dimming feture was activated by entering the garage with low light conditions ? And then returned to normal brightness once you went back out side ? I think I would be reading the owners manual on this before I assumed somthing was wrong.
Old 04-22-2018, 04:58 AM
RonC7
Melting Slicks

Received 1,298 Likes on 859 Posts

Make sure the dimmer **** on the left side of the instrument panel is turned all the way up. It is located behind the steering wheel and hard to see. You get full illumination in daylight, but night (garage) brightness is set by the dimmer ****.

Get notified of new replies

To Strange behaviour: All interior cluster lights went off

Quick Reply: Strange behaviour: All interior cluster lights went off