Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Any all season tires for the C7?

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2018, 12:24 AM
john91945
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Any all season tires for the C7?

Are there any all season tires that can be used on the C7? I have a 2018 Grand Sport and want to replace the existing summer only tires. Don't want the inconvenience of changing summer to winter tires, and then back to summer tires again every year.
Old 04-30-2018, 05:05 AM
lavla
Drifting

Received 389 Likes on 181 Posts

Stay tuned, Michelin is scheduled to roll out their AS tires for the C7 GS/Z06 in the Fall of this year. I know that we've heard this before but the Michelin engineer for Corvette Racing made the statement at the Corvette Corral at Sebring in March.
Old 04-30-2018, 07:32 AM
john91945
2nd Gear

Originally Posted by lavla
Stay tuned, Michelin is scheduled to roll out their AS tires for the C7 GS/Z06 in the Fall of this year. I know that we've heard this before but the Michelin engineer for Corvette Racing made the statement at the Corvette Corral at Sebring in March.

OK - thanks for your prompt reply.
Old 04-30-2018, 11:09 AM
shiv.nandak
Instructor

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
St. Jude Donor '17

Not sure if this would interest you but, there are snow tires for the C7z (same for GS) which i've used all winter lol.
Old 04-30-2018, 07:46 PM
okaythen
Melting Slicks

Received 168 Likes on 150 Posts

Best place to buy tires? tirerack? house of wheels?

or go to discount tire and have them match it, since you will need to mount/balance etc and they offer tire lifetime rotation/balance/patching.
Old 04-30-2018, 08:12 PM
phileaglesfan
Race Director

Received 164 Likes on 129 Posts

Originally Posted by lavla
People also heard that some high up person also made some statement at one point also. You can almost have a pick the square game to bet on when it will happen.
Old 04-30-2018, 09:57 PM
taz2016
Racer

Received 107 Likes on 61 Posts

Fall is also what I have been told by Tirerack for GS/ZO6 sizes. House of Wheels doesn't sell tires. If Tirebuyer has what you need they're hard to beat. In the case of the AS 3+ ZP in Z51 size I just received, Discount Tire the best delivered price but Tirerack beat them so I bought from them.

Last edited by taz2016; 04-30-2018 at 09:57 PM.
Old 04-30-2018, 11:21 PM
Tom's '07 Monty
Racer

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Default All Season Tires 2016 Z51

Originally Posted by taz2016
Fall is also what I have been told by Tirerack for GS/ZO6 sizes. House of Wheels doesn't sell tires. If Tirebuyer has what you need they're hard to beat. In the case of the AS 3+ ZP in Z51 size I just received, Discount Tire the best delivered price but Tirerack beat them so I bought from them.
Just purchased a set (4), stock size, Michelin, Pilot Sport A/S 3 Plus All Season, Run flat, from local Discount Tire store. We haggled a bit and their price beat others I checked with - I get the full warranty certificates also. Been dealing with Discount through 4 Vettes and my sweetee's cars. Had several repaired and three replaced.

I am satisfied with them...ride is quieter, front tire bump is gone, handling feels a little light. I don't track my Vette but, do drive at speed and aggressively.

I had 16,020 miles on the clock at change over.
Old 05-01-2018, 03:04 AM
Stew24
Pro

Received 183 Likes on 107 Posts

Originally Posted by Tom's '07 Monty
Just purchased a set (4), stock size, Michelin, Pilot Sport A/S 3 Plus All Season, Run flat, from local Discount Tire store. We haggled a bit and their price beat others I checked with - I get the full warranty certificates also. Been dealing with Discount through 4 Vettes and my sweetee's cars. Had several repaired and three replaced.

I am satisfied with them...ride is quieter, front tire bump is gone, handling feels a little light. I don't track my Vette but, do drive at speed and aggressively.

If I may ask, ..what did a set of these run for at Discount Tire? I'm hoping someone makes a set of A/S Grand Sport/Z06 tires that are NON run flats! I'd rather carry a 12V air pump and plug kit (As I did with my C6 Vette) ... over everyday living with the harsh/noisy run flats.
Old 05-01-2018, 09:35 AM
Red C8 of Jax
Safety Car

Received 1,127 Likes on 760 Posts

Discount has best prices in N. FL, quick service.
Old 05-01-2018, 09:49 AM
Tom's '07 Monty
Racer

Price included road hazard warranty, mounting & lifetime rotation and balancing, a $40 credit on one tire (was replaced last year under road hazard warranty) and taxes: $1357.00. non run flats were available in Z51 as I recall. Grand Sport/Z06 will cost more.
Old 05-07-2018, 11:06 AM
Collector Collector
Advanced

Default 2015 Chevrolet Corvette 1LT tires

Originally Posted by Stew24
If I may ask, ..what did a set of these run for at Discount Tire? I'm hoping someone makes a set of A/S Grand Sport/Z06 tires that are NON run flats! I'd rather carry a 12V air pump and plug kit (As I did with my C6 Vette) ... over everyday living with the harsh/noisy run flats.
Did you find a quality non-run flat replacement tire for a Stingray
Old 05-07-2018, 11:25 AM
Tom's '07 Monty
Racer

Originally Posted by Collector Collector
Did you find a quality non-run flat replacement tire for a Stingray
As I recall, the Pilot I bought came in a run flat. A little less expensive also.

Pilot Sport A/S 3 Plus All Season, Run flat,

Tom

Last edited by Tom's '07 Monty; 05-07-2018 at 11:26 AM. Reason: added tire info
Old 05-07-2018, 11:54 AM
joemessman
Le Mans Master

Received 3,447 Likes on 2,063 Posts

Originally Posted by Stew24
Hope this helps, but the run flats from Michelin product line today are no longer any noisier or harsh riding than their non run flat. I have tested both.
Old 05-07-2018, 01:06 PM
Silver C7
Burning Brakes

Received 313 Likes on 187 Posts

As I recall, the Pilot I bought came in a run flat. A little less expensive also.

Pilot Sport A/S 3 Plus All Season, Run flat,

Tom
The A/S 3+ along with tire, wheel and windshield insurance was the first additional purchase I made on my ‘16 Stingray. It’s money well spent here in NJ. Allows you to enjoy your car all year round.

The first year I had to mount and dismount tires. In year two I bought a second set of wheels, my all seasons are on my OEM Z51 wheels. When the summer run OEM tires wear out in another two years or so I’ll stay with the all seasons and sell the extra wheels (chrome Z06 from Florida Speed...highly rated!).

I was at a hand car wash last month. A Grand Sport convertible was in front of me. Had a nice chat with the owner while we waited. It was the first time he had his car out since last fall because of the tire issue. In almost two years of ownership, I’ve had about six snow (no driving) days.

Get notified of new replies

To Any all season tires for the C7?

Quick Reply: Any all season tires for the C7?