Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Not impressed with Plycar transportation so far

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2018, 07:53 PM
F4 Phantom
Melting Slicks

Received 490 Likes on 292 Posts

Should've gone with Montway. I picked my C7 vert off a Kerbeck website. The car was on a truck going in the wrong direction somewhere between Kentucky and New Jersey. In spite of a blizzard on the east coast,10 days later my car arrived, enclosed shipped, in the LA area, 2,500 miles away, and was parked in my driveway in perfect condition, for $1,600. I'll definitely use Kerbeck and Montway again.

Last edited by F4 Phantom; 07-09-2018 at 07:55 PM.
Old 07-10-2018, 12:05 AM
HERK
Drifting

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Jaylars
Is your Onstar active? If so, track it via the app.

My Plycar experience was hard only because I made it hard due to me being anxious. I now realize that dealing with car transport companies is hit and miss. Mostly due to the company trying to line up pick ups and deliveries while driving cross country. Times and dates may change while in transport. Sucks, but there are other options. Hang in there, before you know it you will be scheduling your first oil change and enjoying the ride.

Plus, I think Plycar is based in New York, and you know how rude them mopes are. (I was born and raised in NYC so I get a pass for saying that).
No you don't.
Old 07-12-2018, 12:52 AM
ptran00
Racer

Received 47 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by oregonsharkman
I purchased a 2019 GS from Criswell on 4/31 and went with their recommendation of Plycar transportation to ship it out to Oregon. I got a couple of quote from other vendors and Plycar was right in the mix, so I agreed.

BTW - Dealing with Criswell was great! They had spot on communication and everything went as smooth as possible.

$2475 to ship a car is not trivial, so I would expect decent communication (like any reputable business) and customer oriented service.

Here are the issues I have had with Plycar so far:

1) They were a full week late to pick up the car. When I called for status after they hadn't shown up, I was met on the phone by a very impatient lady (reminded me of Jeanine from Ghostbusters ha ha) who sent me out to a voice mail. I left a message, but they never returned my call.

2) Their tracking app doesn't work on my iPhone

3) Their website says the BoL # they gave me is invalid

4) I never received an actual receipt. It showed up in my bank account, but there was no email or mail communication.

5) They have not provided even a ballpark delivery date

6) After a week or so in the black hole of cross country delivery, I finally called for status - straight to voice mail, and they didn't return my call. I called again yesterday, and finally got a real person who hurriedly said "Next week sometime"...end of info and absolutely no attempt to ask if I had any other questions.

Anyway - I have heard good reviews of the drivers and the actual transportation of the vehicle. I just hope it's better than their customer service. I'll update the thread when I get my car - hopefully "Next week sometime"..But at this point I would definitely look at other transport services next time around.
I bought mine at Criswell too and shipped by Plycar and I had a great experience in 6/2017. Got the car in 1 week to AZ and I tracked their truck via GPS on my iPhone 7. I called Plycar office for the driver's cell phone so I could tell him where to park and they had no problem giving it to me.

Last edited by ptran00; 07-12-2018 at 01:01 AM.
Old 07-25-2018, 11:39 PM
dvandentop
Race Director

Received 583 Likes on 242 Posts

Originally Posted by oregonsharkman
I purchased a 2019 GS from Criswell on 4/31 and went with their recommendation of Plycar transportation to ship it out to Oregon. I got a couple of quote from other vendors and Plycar was right in the mix, so I agreed.

BTW - Dealing with Criswell was great! They had spot on communication and everything went as smooth as possible.

$2475 to ship a car is not trivial, so I would expect decent communication (like any reputable business) and customer oriented service.

Here are the issues I have had with Plycar so far:

1) They were a full week late to pick up the car. When I called for status after they hadn't shown up, I was met on the phone by a very impatient lady (reminded me of Jeanine from Ghostbusters ha ha) who sent me out to a voice mail. I left a message, but they never returned my call.

2) Their tracking app doesn't work on my iPhone

3) Their website says the BoL # they gave me is invalid

4) I never received an actual receipt. It showed up in my bank account, but there was no email or mail communication.

5) They have not provided even a ballpark delivery date

6) After a week or so in the black hole of cross country delivery, I finally called for status - straight to voice mail, and they didn't return my call. I called again yesterday, and finally got a real person who hurriedly said "Next week sometime"...end of info and absolutely no attempt to ask if I had any other questions.

Anyway - I have heard good reviews of the drivers and the actual transportation of the vehicle. I just hope it's better than their customer service. I'll update the thread when I get my car - hopefully "Next week sometime"..But at this point I would definitely look at other transport services next time around.

I am having same issue right now myself did your car eventually show up the next week when they quoted?

My problem is that when my car was loaded up originally it was showing on their tracking site but then once they swapped the car to a different trailer they did not update the database so I have been following the status of a truck that's been moving down the Eastern Seaboard all week when they originally said my car was going to be delivered tomorrow or the next day and now here it is Thursday tomorrow and they're telling me next Tuesday or Wednesday hopefully.

I can't understand how they cannot just update the website with the new trailer number my car is loaded on. Would be nice to know where it is loaded.

Old 10-15-2018, 03:32 PM
0Tom@Dewitt
Former Vendor

Received 627 Likes on 324 Posts

I wish I would have seen this before, going through the same BS. Can't get a hold of anyone, no scheduled dates, no communication what so ever and the people that do answer the phone are really rude.
Old 10-15-2018, 03:50 PM
vetteLT193
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 524 Likes on 314 Posts

It's less than a dollar a mile, which if you run the numbers is less than the cost of doing it right, so you can expect them to cut corners somewhere in order to make ends meet or make any sort of profit. There is a good video on youtube under the VinWiki channel that talks about this exact problem with moving high end cars.
Old 10-15-2018, 09:41 PM
KenHorse
Team Owner

Location: I live my life by 2 rules. 1) Never share everything you know. 2)
Received 2,402 Likes on 1,366 Posts
St. Jude Donor '11-'12-'13, '16-'17-'18

Glad I'm having my custom-built GS done in a courtesy delivery through a local dealer
Old 10-16-2018, 08:05 AM
VENOM ACR
Burning Brakes

Received 192 Likes on 114 Posts

I think my transportation story is probably one of the worst ever. I called and got a quote of 1300 for an enclosed trailer and instead I got an exposed trailer with curtains all around it. The driver unloaded the car with wrenches on the ground to avoid the car from scraping on the ramps didn't even have the proper equipment. Then while there is a layer of dirt all over the entire car because the car cover that they used had holes and was ripped to shreds. So while dirt is all over the car the driver proceeds to run his hands all over the paint and stripes to try to clean the dirt and debris off. He then sprays some random bottle of Detail spray that I have never heard of and proceeds to try and wipe the car down even while I am telling him to not do it so I can wash the car properly. I noticed that all the stripes have heavy swirls and scratches and them all caused by the Moron who blamed the dealership. So then I asked him to write down on his little paper about all the damage he just did and he pretty much refuses so at this point it's either take the car or send it back to Montana. I contacted the broker who got this transportation company and they asked I send pictures and details. I do all that and they refused to help me and say I need to work it out with the trucker who when I called him back said I was looking for insurance for aud and to take him to court. I left a negative review for the broker and instead they wrote back that I wasn't a customer, damaged it myself, and I was racist for calling the man a Ukrainian which he was and I couldn't understand his accent and couldn't pronounce his name so I said he was Ukrainian. They went on to bash me the entire time. I ended up spending $1000 replacing the stripes.

Quick Reply: Not impressed with Plycar transportation so far