Sponsored by:

Same MP3 on start-up

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2018, 09:55 AM
late sleeper
Instructor

Received 28 Likes on 20 Posts
Default Same MP3 on start-up

I loaded a USB memory stick with a couple thousand songs. The system works fine, the songs play. However, each time I start the car, the same songs play in the same order, from the beginning. I have an old 2005 Audi that resumes playing exactly where it left off when the car was shut down the previous time (even in the middle of a song). Is there a setting I'm overlooking that will allow my Corvette (2017) to do the same thing? I end up punching the next song button multiple times to access new songs. The Infotainment manual makes no mention, nor have any of my searches helped.
Old 05-24-2018, 10:23 AM
ILXgirl
Advanced

Received 19 Likes on 7 Posts

My 2014 starts where it left off, so your situation is not normal.
The following users liked this post:
late sleeper (05-24-2018)
Old 05-24-2018, 11:17 AM
joemessman
Le Mans Master

Received 3,439 Likes on 2,059 Posts

Set it to "shuffle" play.
Old 05-24-2018, 02:18 PM
late sleeper
Instructor

Originally Posted by joemessman
Set it to "shuffle" play.
Huh, thought I did. I'll check tonight when I get home. Thanks!
Old 05-24-2018, 03:23 PM
joemessman
Le Mans Master

Received 3,439 Likes on 2,059 Posts

Originally Posted by late sleeper
Huh, thought I did. I'll check tonight when I get home. Thanks!
For some reason shuffle play turns itself off once in a while. Go figure.
Old 05-24-2018, 06:47 PM
NostraD
Instructor

Received 57 Likes on 28 Posts

I loaded a USB memory stick with a couple thousand songs. The system works fine, the songs play. However, each time I start the car, the same songs play in the same order, from the beginning.
I experienced the same issue on my '15 C7 3LT for some time. After several complaints to the dealer and two separate software updates (the first one was not applied properly), my "same old song" issue is resolved.

I feel your pain (doubly), since my Caddy ELR CUE system (which is basically identical to Chevy MyLink, except for visual "skin") still has the same issue, even after one CUE replacement AND several software updates.

Hopefully, you're still under warranty or purchased GMEPP, so they don't bend you over to do a software update. --- Good Luck!
Old 05-24-2018, 08:38 PM
05XLRtoC7_San Diego
Burning Brakes

Received 231 Likes on 146 Posts

Originally Posted by NostraD
I experienced the same issue on my '15 C7 3LT for some time. After several complaints to the dealer and two separate software updates (the first one was not applied properly), my "same old song" issue is resolved.

I feel your pain (doubly), since my Caddy ELR CUE system (which is basically identical to Chevy MyLink, except for visual "skin") still has the same issue, even after one CUE replacement AND several software updates.

Hopefully, you're still under warranty or purchased GMEPP, so they don't bend you over to do a software update. --- Good Luck!
Is there seriously a software issue for this glitch? Do you know the TSB? On my 2015, I find that it always keeps playing the same few handfull of songs- even while on shuffle. Thought it was just a minor inconvenience I had to live with.
Old 05-25-2018, 09:49 AM
late sleeper
Instructor

Originally Posted by NostraD

I didn't have time to check it out last night. Hopefully, I just failed to toggle the shuffle mode. I still have a ton of warranty. Less than 2K miles, in service date last November. Thanks for all the help!

Last edited by late sleeper; 05-25-2018 at 09:50 AM.
Old 05-25-2018, 10:04 AM
Dif
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 716 Likes on 436 Posts

I didn't have time to check it out last night. Hopefully, I just failed to toggle the shuffle mode. I still have a ton of warranty. Less than 2K miles, in service date last November. Thanks for all the help!
Just a thought, but are you listening to songs in a specific Album or Folder.
Or do you have it set to Songs, so it will/should go through All the songs on the drive.

As far as shuffle being on or off, I found when I put Shuffle on, it's only on where I happen to be listening to the songs.
In other words, if I have shuffle on listening to songs in an Album or Folder, then I switch to listen to All songs, that's when I'll notice the shuffle isn't on anymore unless I select it.

Either way, it shouldn't start over with the same song every time.
Mine is a 2016 and it always continues from where it left off even if it was in the middle of a song.
Good luck
Old 05-25-2018, 11:39 AM
NostraD
Instructor

Received 57 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by 05XLRtoC7_San Diego
Is there seriously a software issue for this glitch? Do you know the TSB? On my 2015, I find that it always keeps playing the same few handfull of songs- even while on shuffle. Thought it was just a minor inconvenience I had to live with.
It's been a while and I that was not the only issue plaguing my Infotainment system. Here are a few links I saved that reference Infotainment issues and software updating. Hope this helps.

https://goo.gl/8a29CL

https://goo.gl/x8nu4g

https://goo.gl/xX5yFX
05XLRtoC7_San Diego (05-25-2018)
Old 05-28-2018, 06:39 PM
late sleeper
Instructor

I finally had an opportunity to check it out again. I did NOT have it set to shuffle. However, after turning shuffle on, it still starts over with the same song. The NEXT song is different with each start-up. I'm listening to songs, not artists or playlists or folders.
Dif (05-28-2018)
Old 05-28-2018, 07:46 PM
Dif
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 716 Likes on 436 Posts

I finally had an opportunity to check it out again. I did NOT have it set to shuffle. However, after turning shuffle on, it still starts over with the same song. The NEXT song is different with each start-up. I'm listening to songs, not artists or playlists or folders.
Ok, maybe this puts a different light on things.

When you say the same song, do you mean the same song all the time, as in one Specific Song out of all your songs.
Or is it the same song you were "last" listening to when you shut if off.
Starting off with the same song you were "last "listening to when you shut if off, is normal in shuffle or not in shuffle

And it won't shuffle as soon as you turn it on until it finishes playing the the last song you were listening to when you shut it off.

Now if it always starts at the "Beginning" of the last song you were listening to, that's a bit odd.
But I wouldn't say it's a problem
Old 05-29-2018, 08:27 AM
late sleeper
Instructor

Originally Posted by Dif
Ok, maybe this puts a different light on things.

When you say the same song, do you mean the same song all the time, as in one Specific Song out of all your songs.
Or is it the same song you were "last" listening to when you shut if off.
Starting off with the same song you were "last "listening to when you shut if off, is normal in shuffle or not in shuffle

And it won't shuffle as soon as you turn it on until it finishes playing the the last song you were listening to when you shut it off.

Now if it always starts at the "Beginning" of the last song you were listening to, that's a bit odd.
But I wouldn't say it's a problem
Each time I start the car, the exact same song (I Wanna Drive the Zamboni by the Gear Daddies) plays, from the beginning of the song. Now after turning shuffle on, it advances to a different song each time so that's an improvement. It's still disconcerting that I have to either listen to a song I'm REALLY starting to tire of, or I have to manually advance to a different tune. It's not the end of the world, but it seems like GM should be able to do better. Thanks to all for the suggestions!
Dif (05-29-2018)

Get notified of new replies

To Same MP3 on start-up

Quick Reply: Same MP3 on start-up