Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2018, 06:04 AM
s n v f f
Racer

Received 317 Likes on 97 Posts
Default Help Needed - Hard Brake Line

Hello Guys,

i need your help.

i noticed a leak of oil in the hard brake line, near the driver side / rear section of the Car.

In attached you can see a part sheet (of a C6 Corvette) that shows the part i would need (N°4)
that are the twin pipes that goes all the way from the ABS pump in the front, to the rear.

can someone plaese suggest where order? or find a code of that part?
(i cannot get to the dealer, i live in Italy and we do not have corvette dealers or parts dealers.. so i will have to purchase from US)

i have a 2014 C7 Z51 pack M7.

Thanks!

Alessio
Old 05-25-2018, 10:59 AM
JerryU
E-Ray, 3LZ, ZER, LIFT
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 9,626 Likes on 6,630 Posts

^^

Hmm, because of the length for shipping and procurement difficulty you could consider having a local quality shop make one! I need to do that for a rear line on my Street Rod just haven't gotten around to it.

Sure hope mine is the line fitting and not that 1960's Caddy caliper that incorporated a parking brake. Caddy only had it for two years as it mechanically activated the disk brake piston. Useless!

Last edited by JerryU; 05-25-2018 at 08:35 PM.
Old 05-25-2018, 08:06 PM
Bill Dearborn
Tech Contributor

Received 8,930 Likes on 5,334 Posts

Originally Posted by JerryU
^^

Hmm, because of the length for shipping and procurement difficulty you could consider having a local quality shop make one! I need to do that for a rear line on my Street Rod just haven't gotten around to it.

Sure hope mine in the line fitting and not that 1960's Caddy caliper that incorporated a parking brake. Caddy only had it for two years as it mechanically activated the disk brake piston. Useless!

I agree a local shop should be able to fix the brake line by splicing in a new piece and using the proper fittings to hold a seal on a brake line. A lot simpler than trying to order one from the states with the risk of having it get damaged during shipping.

Bill
The following users liked this post:
JerryU (05-25-2018)

Get notified of new replies

To Help Needed - Hard Brake Line

Quick Reply: Help Needed - Hard Brake Line