C7 General Discussion General C7 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Damaged my Side Skirt...Would the "Z07" style replacement look better?

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2018, 10:46 AM
NB68
Racer

Received 31 Likes on 13 Posts

Default Damaged my Side Skirt...Would the "Z07" style replacement look better?

I have a 2014 C7 with Z51. So, I failed to remember there was a low curb on the passenger side of my parking spot the other day when a guy walked in front of me causing me to cut the turn tighter to avoid him...then I felt the car go up on the corner of the curb and heard the sound of my side skirt being ripped off the car...horrible sound but at least there was no other undercarriage or fender damage.

While looking for replacements I noticed what I think are called "Z07" style side skirts which have a a bulge toward the front and taper in toward the rear. In photos it looks pretty nice IMO but I have not seen them in person nor on a standard C7 Z51 like I have.
Could anyone offer opinions, (or sample images if you have them) as to if this would look good or look out of place on the standard C7? Since the car does not have the flared fenders like the Z06 or GS, I am wondering if these would stand out too much in contrast to the flatter fenders of my C7.

Ouch!

Standard side skirt

Z07 style?

Old 07-20-2018, 11:10 AM
AceG
Burning Brakes

Received 412 Likes on 206 Posts

Way more aggresive and better looking in my opnion.

No it doesnt look out of place. I believe these style side skirts are the more popular choice
The following users liked this post:
NB68 (07-20-2018)
Old 07-20-2018, 11:38 AM
REPOED C7
Instructor

Received 56 Likes on 32 Posts
2018 C7 of Year Finalist

I prefer the OEM look of the "Z07 Style" side skirts

Old 07-20-2018, 12:32 PM
NB68
Racer

Received 31 Likes on 13 Posts

Thanks! Those do look great...Think I'll get those. I see a lot of threads recommending different vendors, but where did you get yours or are they OEM? I need painted carbon flash.
Old 07-20-2018, 12:58 PM
REPOED C7
Instructor

Received 56 Likes on 32 Posts
2018 C7 of Year Finalist

Originally Posted by NB68
Thanks! Those do look great...Think I'll get those. I see a lot of threads recommending different vendors, but where did you get yours or are they OEM? I need painted carbon flash.
RPI Designs, in Carbon Flash.
The following users liked this post:
NB68 (07-20-2018)
Old 07-20-2018, 02:28 PM
ExtremeOnlineStore
Supporting Vendor

Received 128 Likes on 109 Posts

Originally Posted by NB68
I have a 2014 C7 with Z51. So, I failed to remember there was a low curb on the passenger side of my parking spot the other day when a guy walked in front of me causing me to cut the turn tighter to avoid him...then I felt the car go up on the corner of the curb and heard the sound of my side skirt being ripped off the car...horrible sound but at least there was no other undercarriage or fender damage.

While looking for replacements I noticed what I think are called "Z07" style side skirts which have a a bulge toward the front and taper in toward the rear. In photos it looks pretty nice IMO but I have not seen them in person nor on a standard C7 Z51 like I have.
Could anyone offer opinions, (or sample images if you have them) as to if this would look good or look out of place on the standard C7? Since the car does not have the flared fenders like the Z06 or GS, I am wondering if these would stand out too much in contrast to the flatter fenders of my C7.

Ouch!

Standard side skirt

Z07 style?
You may check out our website for more C7 Parts & Accessories - Best Price | Free Shipping

iSpeedTuning C7 Parts & Accessories

SHOP NOW

Corvette C7 Side Skirts / Rocker Panels
........................................ ........................................ ........................................ ........................................ ........................................ ........................................ ......................................

Corvette C7 Stingray / Z51 Carbon Fiber Side Skirts Rocker Panels $349.99 $299.99

Corvette C7 Stingray / Z51 Primer Black Side Skirts Rocker Panels$229.99 $169.99

........................................ ........................................ ........................................ ........................................ ........................................ ........................................ ......................................

Features:

Effectively maximizes the aerodynamic attributes of your Corvette C7

All of our items are manufactured by following the ASTM Durability of Nonmetallic Material Standards. In order to reduce the chance of crack and break, we use high-quality Carbon Fiber and Polypropylene to manufacture unique parts that are more durable than any other materials.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Shipping & Handling time:

We offer FREE domestic shipping up to 48 states. All orders will be shipped within 2-3 business days. Every item will be inspected and re-polished before we ship out the orders.

Canada and International Shipping

Shipping fee will be charged for Canada and international orders. Shipping cost will be shown after customer filled in the shipping address.

If there are circumstances that we can not fulfill your order, we will notify you by email on the next business day.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

About Us

Old 07-21-2018, 08:13 AM
wrecker3
Melting Slicks

Received 1,471 Likes on 742 Posts

ACS Zero7 Side Rockers

Get notified of new replies

To Damaged my Side Skirt...Would the "Z07" style replacement look better?

Quick Reply: Damaged my Side Skirt...Would the "Z07" style replacement look better?