C7 General Discussion General C7 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Who would still take their beloved C7 to this tuner??

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2018, 04:37 PM
Parcival
Drifting

Received 405 Likes on 296 Posts
Default Who would still take their beloved C7 to this tuner??

Discussions on AMP tuner were closed in C6 FI forum (when a fight broke out ) and old C7 thread on AMP (when the topic was a dispute with a different vendor)

Seeing as the article hit the Cf forum after the Jalopnik article, wondering if people have any additional color...They had a good vendor rating online before but seems they’re done now...anyone disagree?

article:
https://jalopnik.com/tuner-shop-was-...ale-1828237715

Last edited by Parcival; 08-22-2018 at 04:39 PM.
Old 08-22-2018, 05:04 PM
BrunoTheMellow
Tech Contributor
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,396 Likes on 999 Posts

I would. My car was tuned by them 2 years ago and has been abused heavily to overheating temps several times. No issues except a bad coil 2 years later. Can't deny that they make high hp performing cars. They had the fastest c7 and c7z for a while if not still for 1 of those.

It was a prank to a guy that doesn't like jokes nor the people pulling them.
Old 08-22-2018, 05:10 PM
lbzraptor
Drifting

Received 85 Likes on 66 Posts

Seems like it turned out to be a prank only when they got caught. To me if you own a business you don't pull pranks, especially on the people you are doing business with. Maybe they were on their own time but it still reflects on the business.
Old 08-22-2018, 05:29 PM
23/C8Z
Race Director

Received 5,761 Likes on 3,177 Posts

Like when you walk in on your old "buddy" in your house with all your valuables in a pillow case and he runs out the door then the police grab him and he says "no....I was joking a round"

what's the difference between the two?

that guy has been outed for the scammer that he obviously is.

he was going to lowball the dealer and got caught. Imagine how many times he WASN'T caught.....

no good.
Old 08-22-2018, 05:45 PM
BrunoTheMellow
Tech Contributor
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,396 Likes on 999 Posts

Originally Posted by lbzraptor
Seems like it turned out to be a prank only when they got caught. To me if you own a business you don't pull pranks, especially on the people you are doing business with. Maybe they were on their own time but it still reflects on the business.
The person pulling the **** prank wasn't the owner of AMP. Just one of the workers. Granted it's a tiny place with only 4 guys.

Last edited by BrunoTheMellow; 08-22-2018 at 05:46 PM.
Old 08-23-2018, 02:20 AM
Parcival
Drifting

Received 405 Likes on 296 Posts

Originally Posted by BrunoTheMellow
The person pulling the **** prank wasn't the owner of AMP. Just one of the workers. Granted it's a tiny place with only 4 guys.
thanks for the input, I’m glad u had a good experience with them ... dunno, I still wouldn’t trust them with tuning my car.

Seems a prank should be innocent based on exploiting something you know about an acquaintance that doesn’t have to do with the person’s $-making business (eg, you know a guy loves doughnuts so you pour salt on them, you wrap a guy’s prized personal corvette in wrapping paper and tape for birthday). When was the “gotcha” moment supposed to be here?...when one of the four had scammed the guy’s car away and he calls to do a victory lap?

Best case, this is highly unprofessional as a boss can’t side with an employee who is caught behaving toward a counterparty like this. More likely, this is a Manafort and Gates conspiracy, whose fraud wouldn’t be discovered or not until later... Imagine years down the road IF AMP is actually indicted for a similar MO fraud or larceny, this will be listed as evidence of prior intent /acts.

Last edited by Parcival; 08-23-2018 at 02:34 AM.
Old 08-23-2018, 08:13 AM
PatternDayTrader
Race Director

Received 1,056 Likes on 769 Posts

If the person in question is still working there, then I would avoid this place. no matter what.
Old 08-23-2018, 01:44 PM
kennyjames21
Drifting

Received 627 Likes on 397 Posts

Have people lost their freaking minds? Reasonable doubt doesn't mean you have to remove your brain from your head - this is pretty obvious, this was no joke, the scumbags who were putting metal filings in the oil filter were trying to scam this guy into selling the car at a lower price - if you can't see that, you're an idiot. And if you still even consider doing business with scumbags like this, again, you're an idiot.

And the excuse of, well it's just one of the guys not the whole business, doesn't fly at all, because the business sure seemed to be backing the guy and claiming it was all a joke. If it was just one bad apple, the owner of the shop would have fired the scumbag immediately and not backed him up at all.
The following users liked this post:
VictorBarron (08-23-2018)
Old 08-23-2018, 01:50 PM
PatternDayTrader
Race Director

Received 1,056 Likes on 769 Posts

Originally Posted by kennyjames21
Have people lost their freaking minds? Reasonable doubt doesn't mean you have to remove your brain from your head - this is pretty obvious, this was no joke, the scumbags who were putting metal filings in the oil filter were trying to scam this guy into selling the car at a lower price - if you can't see that, you're an idiot. And if you still even consider doing business with scumbags like this, again, you're an idiot.

And the excuse of, well it's just one of the guys not the whole business, doesn't fly at all, because the business sure seemed to be backing the guy and claiming it was all a joke. If it was just one bad apple, the owner of the shop would have fired the scumbag immediately and not backed him up at all.
I'm not ready to condemn the entire business, but there is zero doubt this was done intentionally. Zero. This is full on criminal behavior in my mind. I would have contacted law enforcement and made a formal complaint.
Old 08-23-2018, 04:04 PM
awright2009
Racer

Received 70 Likes on 44 Posts

Scam plaining and simple, he wanted to get the car cheap and the shavings was his angle... if you cut up an oil filter on a car you don’t own your getting kicked off the lot and the police called

Get notified of new replies

To Who would still take their beloved C7 to this tuner??

Quick Reply: Who would still take their beloved C7 to this tuner??