C7 General Discussion General C7 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Got my new Range Technology - AFM Eliminator- Oh My God!!!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2018, 10:51 AM
Formula52
Drifting

Received 188 Likes on 97 Posts

Default Got my new Range Technology - AFM Eliminator- Oh My God!!!!!!!!!!

Hi All,

Just want to give my first day impression of the Range Technology AFM Eliminator. I seem to have a whole new car now. It feels like it has more power just cruising on the highway. I must have had some slight shutter because it seems to ride and shift much smoother now....

Also want to comment on their customer service. In a word, Exceptional. Could not be easier or faster. I called up on Friday at lunch time, talked to a very nice girl there, got free shipping and $10 discount. An hour later got an email with the tracking number. I would have had it Sunday morning, but the Sunday mailman could not find my house But yesterday our regular mailman delivered it. Now that is service!!!!!!!!
So I am one happy camper and highly recommend this product for all C7 owners with the A8 transmission.....

Steve
The following 11 users liked this post by Formula52:
1950silverstreak (09-05-2018), beaversstonehaven (09-06-2018), blkvet6 (09-06-2018), FunDriver (09-07-2018), kenownr (09-05-2018), Kevin A Jones (09-05-2018), NSC5 (09-05-2018), Null Pointer (09-05-2018), Rebel Yell (09-05-2018), vetten76 (09-08-2018), z edge (09-05-2018) and 6 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 09-05-2018, 12:00 PM
z edge
Race Director

Location: BOOMER SOONER Big 12 Champions 2000, 2002, 2004, 2006 - 2008, 2010, 2012, 2015 - 2020.....
Received 914 Likes on 527 Posts

Originally Posted by Formula52
Hi All,

Just want to give my first day impression of the Range Technology AFM Eliminator. I seem to have a whole new car now. It feels like it has more power just cruising on the highway. I must have had some slight shutter because it seems to ride and shift much smoother now....

Also want to comment on their customer service. In a word, Exceptional. Could not be easier or faster. I called up on Friday at lunch time, talked to a very nice girl there, got free shipping and $10 discount. An hour later got an email with the tracking number. I would have had it Sunday morning, but the Sunday mailman could not find my house But yesterday our regular mailman delivered it. Now that is service!!!!!!!!
So I am one happy camper and highly recommend this product for all C7 owners with the A8 transmission.....

Steve
Good to hear i need to go ahead and order one i think
The following users liked this post:
Formula52 (09-05-2018)
Old 09-05-2018, 12:05 PM
Kevin A Jones
Race Director

Received 11,702 Likes on 5,595 Posts

It's quite amazing isn't it, same results I notice. Best mod out there for the $ spent.
The following 2 users liked this post by Kevin A Jones:
blkvet6 (09-06-2018), Formula52 (09-05-2018)
Old 09-05-2018, 01:55 PM
Sconn
Burning Brakes

Received 290 Likes on 195 Posts

That's great news! I ordered one last week, which was delivered Friday while I was out of town. Two packages sat overnight before I could get someone to stick them in our garage. I noticed the tape on one box was ripped. Didn't think much of it as I could see stuff was still in the box.

When I finally opened them yesterday, the Range afm was the only missing item!! Luckily Amazon refunded me, so I ordered another. Have no idea what happened. I assume if it was a theif, they would have just taken both boxes. The other box wasn't even tampered with. Anyway, a Ring camera is coming now.... We live at the end of a county road and our house sits down low on the property. Never worried about something like that before.
Old 09-05-2018, 02:17 PM
Formula52
Drifting

Originally Posted by Sconn
That's great news! I ordered one last week, which was delivered Friday while I was out of town. Two packages sat overnight before I could get someone to stick them in our garage. I noticed the tape on one box was ripped. Didn't think much of it as I could see stuff was still in the box.

When I finally opened them yesterday, the Range afm was the only missing item!! Luckily Amazon refunded me, so I ordered another. Have no idea what happened. I assume if it was a theif, they would have just taken both boxes. The other box wasn't even tampered with. Anyway, a Ring camera is coming now.... We live at the end of a county road and our house sits down low on the property. Never worried about something like that before.
Sorry to hear about that. I have no respect for crooks. Cant wait to hear how you like it when you do get it again.... You will love it!!!!
Rebel Yell (09-05-2018)
Old 09-05-2018, 02:25 PM
tcinla
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 619 Likes on 357 Posts

Just be prepared for the gas needle to move more quickly.
Old 09-05-2018, 02:50 PM
Rebel Yell
Le Mans Master

Received 2,639 Likes on 1,702 Posts

It's seems that Range finally hit the nail on the head with their 8.6.1 version. I said the same thing after installing mine, "It feels like a different car now".

Also, I haven't seen much difference in the mpg's. But truthfully I haven't had a chance for a long run to say for sure. I'll know shortly though as we're heading out on a long road trip Sunday. On our first (4500 miles) without the Range the car got 29.6, so I have something to compare this run too. We should come in at approx. 5K by the time we return home. But, I don't think it's going to matter to me that much either. The car runs so much better the difference could be worth the loss.

Last edited by Rebel Yell; 09-05-2018 at 02:52 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by Rebel Yell:
Formula52 (09-05-2018), Null Pointer (09-05-2018)
Old 09-05-2018, 03:54 PM
Formula52
Drifting

Originally Posted by Rebel Yell
It's seems that Range finally hit the nail on the head with their 8.6.1 version. I said the same thing after installing mine, "It feels like a different car now".

Also, I haven't seen much difference in the mpg's. But truthfully I haven't had a chance for a long run to say for sure. I'll know shortly though as we're heading out on a long road trip Sunday. On our first (4500 miles) without the Range the car got 29.6, so I have something to compare this run too. We should come in at approx. 5K by the time we return home. But, I don't think it's going to matter to me that much either. The car runs so much better the difference could be worth the loss.
I would be real interested to hear about your mileage after your trip with the Range. I really don't care about my miles to gallon loss because I agree, the car runs much better. Thanks again for posting...
Rebel Yell (09-06-2018)
Old 09-05-2018, 04:01 PM
tome
Melting Slicks

Received 321 Likes on 140 Posts

My daughter's 2014 hasn't responded the same as you all report and Range certainly hasn't been helpful. So her experience is noticeably less positive than all of you. The car throws a code every time she starts it. She has to remove the range, then start the car, and reinstall. It then seems to work. Range doesn't seem to care and just tells her to try things.... She is not a mechanic and only has it because I bought it for her. Dad isn't looking so knowledgeable about Corvettes to her.....

Purchased directly from Range....

Last edited by tome; 09-05-2018 at 06:10 PM.
Old 09-05-2018, 04:13 PM
rmorin1249
Le Mans Master

Received 1,738 Likes on 1,174 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15-'16,'18

Originally Posted by tome
My daughter's 2014 hasn't responded the same as you all report and Range certainly hasn't been helpful. So her experience is noticeably less positive than all of you. The car throws a code every time she starts it. She has to remove the range, then start the car, and reinstall. It then seems to work. Range doesn't seem to care and just tells her to try things.... She is not a mechanic and only has it because I bought it for her. Dad isn't looking so knowledgeable about Corvettes to her.....
You probably have one with an older firmware version. Call Range and ask if they will update it for you. The latest version works without issues.
Rebel Yell (09-06-2018)
Old 09-05-2018, 04:55 PM
mbaessler
Racer

Received 92 Likes on 72 Posts

Hi All,

Steve
Formula, can you explain what AFM is? Is it the cylinder deactivation that it is eliminating. Fortunately I have a manual so in Touring, Sport or track I don't have to deal with it. I have no use for ECO mode. So can you let me know what you are talking about and also why is your performance better. Thanks so much.
Old 09-05-2018, 05:58 PM
R50THC5
Burning Brakes

Received 48 Likes on 40 Posts

Hi All,

Steve
Mine came yesterday..
Rebel Yell (09-06-2018)
Old 09-05-2018, 06:11 PM
tome
Melting Slicks

Received 321 Likes on 140 Posts

Originally Posted by rmorin1249
You probably have one with an older firmware version. Call Range and ask if they will update it for you. The latest version works without issues.
I'll have her try again to see if they will update it. Purchased directly from them.
Old 09-05-2018, 06:35 PM
SilverGhost
Drifting

Received 886 Likes on 476 Posts

Ferrris Bueller Range AFM, you are my hero

Just stumbled across this June 2018 sniglet:
10 Cars With the Most Horrible Engines of All Time

And number 10? The original Cadillac V8-6-4

the motor’s custom hydraulic lifters were controlled by failure-prone solenoids, and when they didn’t engage properly, lifters would collapse and valves couldn’t do their job. This made throttle hesitation a major issue for the V8-6-4, and when cylinders were deactivated enormous amounts of lag could be felt, especially in such a heavy chassis. This problem was so widespread that dealers were eventually told by GM to bypass the system, opting instead to simply trick the car into running on all eight cylinders. In today’s modern cars, cylinder deactivation works great. Back 36 years ago, the technology just wasn’t there yet.
I beg to differ with the authors conclusion. 36 years later the "tech" just moved from trashing the engine to trashing the tranny. but hey, GM's solution then is RANGE's good fortune today. And GM's decision to remove the AFM from the ZR1 motor completely is proof positive.
Old 09-05-2018, 06:38 PM
C5Driver
Racer

Received 174 Likes on 93 Posts

Hi All,

Steve
I told you!!! So many naysayers here. Its the best mod you can buy for your Corvette and its reasonable.
Old 09-05-2018, 06:40 PM
C5Driver
Racer

Received 174 Likes on 93 Posts

Originally Posted by tome
I'll have her try again to see if they will update it. Purchased directly from them.
They updated mine twice before the good version came out.
Old 09-05-2018, 06:52 PM
FrontRunner76
Advanced

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

I have a Range AFM eliminator device with the latest firmware. It is truly an amazing device that changes the character of cars with the A8 tranny!
blkvet6 (09-06-2018)

Get notified of new replies

To Got my new Range Technology - AFM Eliminator- Oh My God!!!!!!!!!!

Old 09-05-2018, 07:56 PM
stevettec7
Drifting

Received 759 Likes on 401 Posts

The Range AFM disabler is a game changer! I’m on my 3rd firmware version. No more battery drain or trouble codes.
Old 09-05-2018, 08:30 PM
l.i. bruce fan
Racer

Received 132 Likes on 77 Posts

Okay, I’ve been on the fence for a while on this, but you all have sold me on it, and I’m ready to place my order.

So now, all you Range aficionados help me decide, red or blue LEDs? Will I even notice them as I drive?
Rebel Yell (09-06-2018)
Old 09-05-2018, 08:32 PM
Null Pointer
Exception ID 10T
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 506 Likes on 333 Posts

Yep, it was the very first mod I did when I got my A8 z06. It was in my mailbox the day after I brought the car home. As for mileage, let's just say that I like to have fun with my z06, so I have no idea what the impact on mileage is. All I know is I have all 8 cylinders all the time. Works for me.

Quick Reply: Got my new Range Technology - AFM Eliminator- Oh My God!!!!!!!!!!