Sponsored by:

COS Spring Mountain question

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2018, 02:52 PM
socalspringmountain
Premium Supporting Vendor

Received 418 Likes on 186 Posts

Hi all,
Just want to post real quick...they are starting construction on the main highway that leads to our little town..they are blasting at the mountain pass to widen to 4 lanes, and will mainly be done around the noon hour. there could be up to 30 minute, to more than an hour delays.
it shouldn't affect anyone coming from vegas early, or leaving later, but if you do have to leave early to catch a flight, could delay a bit.
as their press release states, call 511 for up to date info. There is an alternate route to Las Vegas, via US 95 north, in case they are closed, however, it does add about 40 minutes to the drive...
they start on Monday, the 24th..

https://www.nevadadot.com/Home/Compo.../News/3940/395

The Official Performance Driving School Of Corvette
www.racespringmountain.com
victor@racespringmountain.com
800-391-6891

Old 09-21-2018, 07:53 PM
LIStingray
Melting Slicks

Received 461 Likes on 284 Posts

Originally Posted by flying_vette
What is the class activity between 3:30-4pm? I don't plan to miss any part of it but may consider it if it's just a wrap up discussion on last 2 days learning.
It depends - if you are in the fast group of 10, that will be part of your last on track session; if you are a more modest driver (in the slower group of 10), then it will be classroom stuff.
Old 10-11-2018, 09:19 AM
flying_vette
Pro

Received 239 Likes on 140 Posts

Originally Posted by LIStingray
It depends - if you are in the fast group of 10, that will be part of your last on track session; if you are a more modest driver (in the slower group of 10), then it will be classroom stuff.
Ok, had a good trip past weekend. Learned a lot about my Z06 what it can do on track, track session with instructor showing how to do it was very enlightening! I was also part of the group with last track session at 3 to 3:30. Since I already had mentioned it to the lead instructor that I would need to leave early so he had my certificate folder ready at 3:30. Same with the photographer. Left Spring Mountain at 3:30 and was at rental return in Vegas at 4:30 and at airport before 5. Had enough time to grab a bite and beer before my boarding started at 6:30.
Thanks everyone for the inputs!
The following users liked this post:
GreenGA (10-11-2018)
Old 10-11-2018, 02:21 PM
socalspringmountain
Premium Supporting Vendor

Received 418 Likes on 186 Posts

awesome!! thanks for coming out to play with us!
Old 10-11-2018, 07:19 PM
flying_vette
Pro

Received 239 Likes on 140 Posts

Originally Posted by socalspringmountain
awesome!! thanks for coming out to play with us!
Hey, can you help me get in touch with fellow student from my COS class? In the hurry to grab stuff forgot to exchange numbers.
Old 10-11-2018, 08:14 PM
GreenGA
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 115 Likes on 96 Posts

Originally Posted by flying_vette
Hi all,
I'm looking to book my flights in and out of LAS, quick question on the day 2. I know class ends at 4pm, but with group photo and drive back to vegas and drop the rental, is it feasible to catch a flight at 7pm? Just looking for feedback on how soon one can drive off after the class ends at 4 and if traffic is bad to LAS. Thanks!
You're not likely to leave Spring Mountain before 16:00, then an hour to Vegas (DO NOT SPEED after class, the local gendarme know exactly when class lets out), an hour to drop off your rental and then the bus back to airport, then if you're pre-cleared by the TSA... This is all predicated on nothing going awry. If..., IF you're lucky you may just make it. I was there this past weekend and the class ended on Sunday so traffic to Vegas was at a minimum and my wife and I could have made a 19:00 flight back to Philly but the best return flight we could find when making our plans departed Vegas at 23:00 for the red eye back; non-stop.

Good luck.

Last edited by GreenGA; 10-11-2018 at 08:17 PM.

Quick Reply: COS Spring Mountain question