Sponsored by:

2015 Z51 automatic

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2018, 09:41 PM
shackman92
3rd Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 2015 Z51 automatic

I am a new member. Just bought a 2015 z51 automatic yesterday 10/15/2018 5200 miles. On the way home I noticed some jerking, surging, felt like a miss in the engine. Didn't know what it was. I looked it up and found all the problems people where having. This made me sick. I have owned a c5 and a c6 and they where great cars I have always been a vette fan. It would be great if someone on this forum could give me some good advice. I did buy the extended warranty. Please help!
Old 10-16-2018, 09:51 PM
CP
Team Owner

Received 1,126 Likes on 563 Posts

Well, fortunately, the 2015 has a 100,000 mile powertrain warranty. You are having the dreaded AFM problem many owners of the A8 transmission have experienced (search this section). You have three choices: Buy the Range Technology device, get the tranny serviced, buy the Range Technology AND get the tranny serviced.
Old 10-16-2018, 10:22 PM
shackman92
3rd Gear

Originally Posted by CP
Well, fortunately, the 2015 has a 100,000 mile powertrain warranty. You are having the dreaded AFM problem many owners of the A8 transmission have experienced (search this section). You have three choices: Buy the Range Technology device, get the tranny serviced, buy the Range Technology AND get the tranny serviced.
Thanks for the info. I am going to the local dealership tomorrow, wish me luck.
Old 10-17-2018, 01:05 PM
Rebel Yell
Le Mans Master

Received 2,639 Likes on 1,702 Posts

Yep, it sounds like the dreaded "A8 shudder". Luckily GM has a TSB for changing the tranny fluid to help correct that. I just had the fluid in my '16 changed. Take her in, tell them about the shudder. If your's is a good dealer they will already know about the problem. It's not just with the Vette's, it's across the board with the A8 tranny of certain years. Then, as said, look into buying you a Range V4 disabler to rid yourself of that damned V4 mode. You'll be glad you did. Many of us won't drive ours without one. Welcome to the forum, and keep us updated,

https://rangetechnology.com/

Here's a thread for your reading pleasure about the A8 shudder. The TSB number is in the last post.

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...n-fluid-2.html
Old 10-17-2018, 05:07 PM
macjac69
Advanced

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 22 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by CP
I unfortunately had the same ordeal bought my new to me 2015 Z51 with 9,000 on the clock and three weeks later voila shake, shudder and quake. Powertrain warranty took care of it (triple flush) no TC repl. but I did get a range to go along with it. I hate the fact that I had to do that to cover a defect of the manufacturing process but I am stuck with the car unless I sell.
Old 10-18-2018, 02:55 PM
Rebel Yell
Le Mans Master

Received 2,639 Likes on 1,702 Posts

Originally Posted by macjac69
I unfortunately had the same ordeal bought my new to me 2015 Z51 with 9,000 on the clock and three weeks later voila shake, shudder and quake. Powertrain warranty took care of it (triple flush) no TC repl. but I did get a range to go along with it. I hate the fact that I had to do that to cover a defect of the manufacturing process but I am stuck with the car unless I sell.
Don't look at it as being stuck with the car mac. Look at it as being able to enjoy much better now. That's the way I see it.
Old 10-19-2018, 08:41 AM
shackman92
3rd Gear

Default 2015 Z51 automatic

Brought my car to the dealer yesterday. They where aware of the issue and told me the trans. needed to be flushed. They where able to do while I was there. While I was there I talked to the technician doing the work and he told me GM wasn't changing out the TC on the vettes . He said they where supposed to come up with a fix sometime next year. Who knows. The car seems to be operating properly. After this post I am ordering the Range. Thanks for the replies.
The following users liked this post:
Rebel Yell (10-19-2018)
Old 10-19-2018, 09:39 AM
Sconn
Burning Brakes

Received 290 Likes on 195 Posts

Originally Posted by shackman92
Brought my car to the dealer yesterday. They where aware of the issue and told me the trans. needed to be flushed. They where able to do while I was there. While I was there I talked to the technician doing the work and he told me GM wasn't changing out the TC on the vettes . He said they where supposed to come up with a fix sometime next year. Who knows. The car seems to be operating properly. After this post I am ordering the Range. Thanks for the replies.
That's what I've kinda been hoping. That GM will figure out the ultimate fix soon. In the mean time, I slapped the Range on my '17 before I had any problems.
The following 2 users liked this post by Sconn:
1950silverstreak (10-19-2018), Rebel Yell (10-19-2018)

Get notified of new replies

To 2015 Z51 automatic

Quick Reply: 2015 Z51 automatic