Sponsored by:

Spring Mountain Oct. 23rd and 24th

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2018, 04:17 PM
EyCandy
Cruising

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Spring Mountain Oct. 23rd and 24th

If you have the opportunity to attend the Corvette Owners School take advantage of it. What an experience throughout the entire visit. Everyone is courteous and helpful. The instructors are the finest I have had the privilege to know. They teach and coach and always encourage you to improve and be a better driver. They want you to learn and they want you to have fun doing it. They showed me what the car can do and taught me how to control the car. Some of these skills can be used in your daily driver. Can't say enough about it. It is a truly incredible experience.
Old 10-29-2018, 04:45 PM
G8R-Vette
Pro

Received 86 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by EyCandy
If you have the opportunity to attend the Corvette Owners School take advantage of it. What an experience throughout the entire visit. Everyone is courteous and helpful. The instructors are the finest I have had the privilege to know. They teach and coach and always encourage you to improve and be a better driver. They want you to learn and they want you to have fun doing it. They showed me what the car can do and taught me how to control the car. Some of these skills can be used in your daily driver. Can't say enough about it. It is a truly incredible experience.
Echoes my experience from last month. Awesome time, awesome learning opportunity.
Old 10-29-2018, 04:53 PM
Bob-G
Burning Brakes

Received 123 Likes on 80 Posts

Default Q

I will be there next week! Looking forward to it!
Old 10-29-2018, 05:51 PM
tehstoffa
Intermediate

Received 10 Likes on 3 Posts

I was there on 10/21 and 10/22. I highly recommend it as well. The staff are all really awesome and they do a great job of slowly getting you comfortable with the car and track. They won't hesitate to talk technique and have no issues letting you grow from session to session. It was super helpful in getting a better understanding of what the stingray, GS, and Z06 can really do. The demo ride in the Z06 with the instructor driving was an eye opener, I didnt really know how to trust the car until I went with the instructor and witnessed them pushing the car a bit harder than I was through session 1 and 2.

If you are on the fence, get off and go. Totally worth it.
Old 10-29-2018, 09:20 PM
gliot1
Safety Car

Received 1,487 Likes on 771 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12-'13

I am signed up for Feb 22 & 23 of 2019!
Old 10-30-2018, 01:21 AM
jimmbbo
Melting Slicks

Received 950 Likes on 609 Posts

IMO, a Corvette owner who chooses not to take advantage of the $1000 SM Corvette Owner's School is cheating themselves of one of the most satisfying and useful experiences of owning a Corvette... Speaking as a professional instructor and former airline training department director, the SM training is on the short list of the best training I have ever received or seen.
Old 10-30-2018, 03:03 AM
Dave80C3
Melting Slicks

Received 277 Likes on 193 Posts

Pretty much my experience the fall of 2014. My wife and I both learned a lot and really enjoyed it.

I am going back the 4th and 5th of February, this time I will be in a Grand Sport M7. As that is what my 18 is.

So looking forward to it.
Old 10-30-2018, 03:53 AM
poughkeepsie
Racer

Received 105 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally Posted by tehstoffa
I was there on 10/21 and 10/22. I highly recommend it as well. The staff are all really awesome and they do a great job of slowly getting you comfortable with the car and track. They won't hesitate to talk technique and have no issues letting you grow from session to session. It was super helpful in getting a better understanding of what the stingray, GS, and Z06 can really do. The demo ride in the Z06 with the instructor driving was an eye opener, I didnt really know how to trust the car until I went with the instructor and witnessed them pushing the car a bit harder than I was through session 1 and 2.

If you are on the fence, get off and go. Totally worth it.
Which group were you in? I was also there on those dates
Old 10-30-2018, 09:34 AM
Demnos
Racer

Received 200 Likes on 113 Posts
St. Jude Donor '19

I am going to be taking the class in a few weeks. I have never done anything like this so I am so excited to see what it is like!
Old 11-17-2018, 02:17 PM
hammer2006
Advanced

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I took the class and wife and I had a blast. Instructors were great they were trying to improve your driving and not impress you with theirs. But If you are not impressed after the ride along with the professional nothing will impress you. Enjoy!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by hammer2006; 11-17-2018 at 02:18 PM. Reason: spelling

Get notified of new replies

To Spring Mountain Oct. 23rd and 24th

Quick Reply: Spring Mountain Oct. 23rd and 24th