2014 A6 Transmission Issueon - Page 2 - CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

Notices
C7 General Discussion General C7 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2014 A6 Transmission Issueon

Old Yesterday, 12:29 AM
robert miller
CF Senior Member

Thanked 1,046 Times in 953 Posts

Originally Posted by lcbiiimd View Post
I think youíre right but it may also a cultural difference between a Chevy and a Mercedes dealership. After all, I have a GLE and a GLK 350 that were less expensive than my corvette was at $70k but the entire service experience is so much better at the Mercedes dealership. Part of that i imagine is that there are some far more expensive cars coming in all the time in the $100-200k range and the clientele that comes with that so they have to have the infrastructure (clean and modern waiting areas, loaners that are similar to what you drive, etc) and the service culture that is expected in place and those of us with less expensive cars benefit from that as well. I have yet to see a Chevy dealership in my neck of the woods in OK with anything even remotely close to having the infrastructure and service culture. This is why I cannot help but laugh when I see the talk on the C8 forums about the ME C8 being a $169k vehicle. Who would tolerate paying that for a car and getting (for what has been my typical) Chevy service experience? As annoyed as I am with my relatvely inexpensive stingray, I cannot help but wonder how id feel if I had a loaded Z06 or a ZR1! I do not think it necessarily has to be that way and I think it could be possible for GMto try to encourage that culture if that was deemed important, but Iím not sure that it is.
I agree but again here if you have a corvette get the car to a dealership that sells a ton of corvettes, These other dealer that only sales the amount that they have to take from GM most of the dealerships dont know 1/4 of the stuff that they need to know. Plus the dealership has to pay for the service guy go to a GM school for the vette, that I was told cost them about 25,k I do know from having a new vette at diff times for over 30 years now big diff's in dealerships that sells more then 3 are 4 per year & 40 plus per year.. A good vette dealership will take care of a vette owner. Robert

Search this Thread
Sponsored Ads
Vendor Directory

Contact Us About Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: