C7 General Discussion General C7 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

JWM or ACS Stage 3 front splitter and High Canards?

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2018, 05:51 PM
tomtoro
Racer

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts
Default JWM or ACS Stage 3 front splitter and High Canards?

Getting down to the last couple of vendors for the Stage 3 splitter with the High Canards without the tray. It's between these two companies.
JWM: Great price, includes hardware, painted carbon fiber look, High Canards Carbon Flash painted, cannot be installed with tray, no tray offered. Around $500

ACS: Higher price, painted Carbon Flash, High Canards don't appear to be painted, no mention of hardware, tray offered if tracking, can be installed with tray. Around $1000

Both free shipping/!

It would be great if I could hear from folks that have had either one of these splitters and what they thought of the quality, rigidity, appearance, ease of installation, how hard i was to get hardware, Etc.

I sent one back already that was about $400 I bought off of Amazon because 1.It was scratched and packed poorly 2. It was so flimsy, I'm sure the first rock or bug that hit it, it would split. 3.The appearance was dull and ugly, even though they said it was going to be carbon flash painted. The Canards were fine and carbon flash painted. I wonder if everybody gets the Canards from one vendor because they look exactly alike in the pictures.

If anybody bought from another vendor (preferably Corvette Forum's List) and were happy, I'd like to hear that too.

Thanks for any help,
Tom
Old 12-04-2018, 09:53 PM
Obe1 GS
Racer

Received 190 Likes on 127 Posts

I just received my ACS Stage 2 front splitter with the integrated tray and with the short winglettes (all pieces painted carbon flash). It was well packaged by ACS; paint quality looks good (glossy finish with no scratches) and it's a nice sturdy piece as the integrated tray adds structure. All hardware was included in the kit. I bought mine from ZIP as part of their Black Friday sale that included greatly discounted shipping ($20 for an oversized shipment).
The following users liked this post:
tomtoro (12-05-2018)
Old 12-05-2018, 08:56 AM
ZO6ME
Drifting

Received 28 Likes on 21 Posts

That JWM piece looks good and that is a great price. Got me thinking about one now. lol
tomtoro (12-07-2018)
Old 12-05-2018, 12:13 PM
0ACS Composite
Former Vendor

Received 79 Likes on 50 Posts

I'll say it does get confusing as a consumer as most vendors are simply using other manufacturer's images and using very similar terminology.

I can elaborate a bit about ACS Composite; our pricing may be higher than others, pricing is determined by our manufacturing techniques and development cost. ACS will design each part, we will follow GM standards whether in design or testing. Most vendors will state the part is high quality, and or meets the material standard, which is true but not relevant. The important question is whether the material will withstand automotive durability standards... Test like moisture cycle testing and heat distortions rates are important. We use materials which meet and pass these standards. Having produced parts for both GM and Ford assembly lines is a testament to this procedure.

Most cost aftermarket panels are made in either hand laminated fiberglass or thermoformed ABS plastics, both processes are very cost effective from a tooling stand point, but do come with a very large build tolerance, and both usually have very low heat distortion rates.

We manufacture our parts locally, and in large heavy tooling either in Steel, Aluminium or Epoxies... All this to say the cost of the part is built into the part and followed by the company reputation.

We do go out of our way to make sure the part is made within the car's build tolerance, ensure all parts are drilled and ready to install, include all mounting hardware and instructions, and shipped efficiently.

I think we are in a great modding era, lots of options on the market keeping all companies on their toes to offer the best product for the price.... at the end I think we all have something to offer. Luckily the forum and online reviews are a great tool for shopped to learn and make a choice that suits their needs.

Here is a link with more details about ACS

https://acscomposite.com/blogs/news/...-the-ground-up
tomtoro (12-05-2018)
Old 12-05-2018, 10:35 PM
tomtoro
Racer

This was an amazing testament! Thank you for the information and I think my vette deserves a high quality product. I really enjoyed the promises of durability and tight tolerances to GM standards. Expect an order from me after Christmas for the Stage 3 setup with the high Canards.
Best regards,
Tom

Originally Posted by ACS Composite
I'll say it does get confusing as a consumer as most vendors are simply using other manufacturer's images and using very similar terminology.

I can elaborate a bit about ACS Composite; our pricing may be higher than others, pricing is determined by our manufacturing techniques and development cost. ACS will design each part, we will follow GM standards whether in design or testing. Most vendors will state the part is high quality, and or meets the material standard, which is true but not relevant. The important question is whether the material will withstand automotive durability standards... Test like moisture cycle testing and heat distortions rates are important. We use materials which meet and pass these standards. Having produced parts for both GM and Ford assembly lines is a testament to this procedure.

Most cost aftermarket panels are made in either hand laminated fiberglass or thermoformed ABS plastics, both processes are very cost effective from a tooling stand point, but do come with a very large build tolerance, and both usually have very low heat distortion rates.

We manufacture our parts locally, and in large heavy tooling either in Steel, Aluminium or Epoxies... All this to say the cost of the part is built into the part and followed by the company reputation.

We do go out of our way to make sure the part is made within the car's build tolerance, ensure all parts are drilled and ready to install, include all mounting hardware and instructions, and shipped efficiently.

I think we are in a great modding era, lots of options on the market keeping all companies on their toes to offer the best product for the price.... at the end I think we all have something to offer. Luckily the forum and online reviews are a great tool for shopped to learn and make a choice that suits their needs.

Here is a link with more details about ACS

https://acscomposite.com/blogs/news/...-the-ground-up
Old 12-05-2018, 10:44 PM
Iconic
Miller Time Wisconsin 🍺

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,440 Likes on 940 Posts
2022 C7 of the Year Finalist - Modified
C7 of the Year - Modified Finalist 2021
Finalist 2020 C7 of the Year -- Modified
2018 C7 of Year Winner
2017 C7 of Year Finalist
St. Jude Donor '13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-'20-'21-'22

I bought my ACS stage 2 direct from ACS without the undertray for $860 shipped. It came packaged well and I installed it in under 30 minutes. I would buy from ASC again if I needed another.

Old 12-05-2018, 10:54 PM
tomtoro
Racer

That is really beautiful! Great price too. I'll wait for a sale.
Old 01-19-2019, 12:18 AM
SoCalFinest
Racer

Received 69 Likes on 46 Posts

Looks awesome guys and yes carbon flash or carbon fiber spats makes a huge difference

Get notified of new replies

To JWM or ACS Stage 3 front splitter and High Canards?

Quick Reply: JWM or ACS Stage 3 front splitter and High Canards?