Sponsored by:

Nothing But Complaints...

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2018, 05:33 PM
Skid Row Joe
Team Owner

Received 4,002 Likes on 2,889 Posts

Originally Posted by JockamoIPA
This applies to all forums not just C7, but I think CF should start separate rooms for people that just want to complain about their cars in order to declutter the General Discussion rooms.

I have a C6 Z51 and C7 GS so I primarily lurk and post in the General Discussion rooms, but as of late the majority of posts in these rooms are nothing but a bunch of people bitching and complaining about their Corvettes, and most of it is either ludicrous or just plain stupid. I mean, there's people that bitch about the most ridiculous things claiming defects or that things in their car are broken, most of the time it's nothing or the problem could have been solved/avoided if they had read the manual.

The reason this is becoming a problem is that it's getting harder to sort through the BS to get to information that's actually relevant or worthwhile.

For those of you constantly complaining about your cars...NEWS FLASH...it's a car...they're not perfect, they sometimes break especially when the factory produces thousands upon thousands of copies. If you're an adult you know this going in, so put your big boy pants on and deal with it...and read the freaking manual for once, or sell it.
Do you have a complaint about your C7? Anything? Bueller......??
Old 12-06-2018, 05:37 PM
Steve_R
Team Owner

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3,290 Likes on 1,400 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17

Many here don't seem to realize that this forum is owned by Internet Brands to make money. The more threads there are, the more clicks there will be, which equates to more revenue for IB. They don't run this place as a free public service, it's a business.

Old 12-06-2018, 05:44 PM
23/C8Z
Race Director

Received 5,764 Likes on 3,178 Posts

Sometimes people want to vent. O dont comment and leave the thread?

this mentality of "I dont like what you say so shut up" is ridiculous. Move on. Sometimes the same cast of characters get under my skin also but I either leave or comment on how it's the same ol and move along myself. Why do you care?
Old 12-06-2018, 05:48 PM
JDSC8VETTE
Melting Slicks

Received 2,899 Likes on 1,161 Posts

I don't normally complain but for some reason when I leave my Corvette uncovered in the garage for an extended period dust collects on it. I noticed this just today because we have lots of snow outside and it hasn't left the garage in weeks. Anybody else notice this. I don't remember ever having this issue with any of my other cars. Maybe it's a Chevy thing? Or just a Corvette issue? This may be my last GM built vehicle!
Old 12-06-2018, 05:50 PM
Zaphod B
Racer

Received 171 Likes on 81 Posts

Seriously, there are so many posts where I just SMH and keep my fingers off the keyboard...
Old 12-06-2018, 05:52 PM
Zaphod B
Racer

Received 171 Likes on 81 Posts

Originally Posted by JDSC7VETTE
I don't normally complain but for some reason when I leave my Corvette uncovered in the garage for an extended period dust collects on it. I noticed this just today because we have lots of snow outside and it hasn't left the garage in weeks. Anybody else notice this. I don't remember ever having this issue with any of my other cars. Maybe it's a Chevy thing? Or just a Corvette issue? This may be my last GM built vehicle!
You, sir, did not read the part of the owner's manual that instructs you to use a car cover in that garage.
Old 12-06-2018, 06:04 PM
Thunder22
Team Owner

Received 2,312 Likes on 1,457 Posts

Originally Posted by JockamoIPA
This applies to all forums not just C7, but I think CF should start separate rooms for people that just want to complain about their cars in order to declutter the General Discussion rooms.

I have a C6 Z51 and C7 GS so I primarily lurk and post in the General Discussion rooms, but as of late the majority of posts in these rooms are nothing but a bunch of people bitching and complaining about their Corvettes, and most of it is either ludicrous or just plain stupid. I mean, there's people that bitch about the most ridiculous things claiming defects or that things in their car are broken, most of the time it's nothing or the problem could have been solved/avoided if they had read the manual.

The reason this is becoming a problem is that it's getting harder to sort through the BS to get to information that's actually relevant or worthwhile.

For those of you constantly complaining about your cars...NEWS FLASH...it's a car...they're not perfect, they sometimes break especially when the factory produces thousands upon thousands of copies. If you're an adult you know this going in, so put your big boy pants on and deal with it...and read the freaking manual for once, or sell it.

So you're new to car forums I take it.....

Every car forum, hell, every forum on the internet is basically this way since Al Gore fired it up.

I'm filing this under water is wet.

Last edited by Thunder22; 12-06-2018 at 06:13 PM.
Old 12-06-2018, 06:05 PM
joemessman
Le Mans Master

Received 3,439 Likes on 2,059 Posts

Originally Posted by Mayor111
Posts you see here that make me all warm and cozy:

1) You post a question and a smart *** replies "Read the manual" - Really? In the time you typed and posted that you could have shared some insight to actually HELP!!
2)
You post a question and someone replies "I dont have that problem" - That's like going to the doctors and say "my knee hurts", and the doc says, well mine doesn't, and sends you home...
3)
You post a question about a specific model and someone replies - "I have a Z06, and its much better" - Cause YOUR model is the very very best in the world - all hail
4)
You post a that you got new wheels (lets say chrome) and someone replies "I think black rims are better" - Is that really necessary? Couldn't you just post "hey nice wheels - or post nothing if you dont like them???
Yeah. I read one post where he was having automatic transmission issues and someone replied. "I solved that. I have a manual transmission. Ha Ha". That really helps and addresses the issue. I see that crap all the time. I just ignore it.
PatternDayTrader
Race Director

Received 1,056 Likes on 769 Posts

Lol …
KCV
Pro

Received 442 Likes on 208 Posts

I have the same problem. What’s up with that? Unacceptable! That is by far my biggest problem with my C7.

Last edited by KCV; 12-06-2018 at 06:08 PM.
Old 12-06-2018, 06:06 PM
DSPC7
Instructor
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 142 Likes on 65 Posts

Only been a Vette owner and forum member since May 2017. I rarely chime in on the threads this year as they all seem to go sideways these days. But one thing that does irk me is wheel vendors hammering a thread for their wheels with pictures of all sorts of cars and few if any Vettes!
Old 12-06-2018, 06:12 PM
speedlink
Safety Car

Received 599 Likes on 373 Posts

Love a good sarcastic comment.
Old 12-06-2018, 07:20 PM
AORoads
Team Owner

Received 2,481 Likes on 1,944 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15
"In honor of jpee"

1) It CAN help people who have a legit problem and get helpful answers.
2) this site and most that are free, is a buisiness to make money via participants.
3) it's also free speech in the US, which gets more difficult to find in some places like college campuses.

You don't like what you're reading just move along, douglas, i.e., change channels. (from LA Law)

Originally Posted by lcbiiimd
As someone who is having issues with his car at present (and whose car been languishing at the dealer for over a month now with a transmission issue they seem unable to correct) I would suggest that maybe some of these "complaint threads" are being posted in the hopes that maybe someone who also owns the same car might have input that would be helpful. I've had some good advice from fellow owners that I appreciate and getting advice from fellow enthusiasts is one of the points of having a forum like this.
Originally Posted by Steve_R
Many here don't seem to realize that this forum is owned by Internet Brands to make money. The more threads there are, the more clicks there will be, which equates to more revenue for IB. They don't run this place as a free public service, it's a business.
Originally Posted by 16/C7Z
Sometimes people want to vent. O dont comment and leave the thread?
this mentality of "I dont like what you say so shut up" is ridiculous. Move on. Sometimes the same cast of characters get under my skin also but I either leave or comment on how it's the same ol and move along myself. Why do you care?
Old 12-06-2018, 07:32 PM
orca1946
Le Mans Master

Received 455 Likes on 342 Posts

Amen!!!!!!
Old 12-06-2018, 07:40 PM
carsnpars
Racer

Received 80 Likes on 52 Posts

Gomer says"GOOOOOLLYYY" Forest asks" you eat **** for breakfast? Is it cooked?"
Old 12-06-2018, 07:42 PM
vettenevodrvr
Burning Brakes

Received 55 Likes on 33 Posts

Brawr!

My wife drove mine in the rain today.

Seriously.

Let the flaming commence.
Old 12-06-2018, 07:43 PM
vettenevodrvr
Burning Brakes

Received 55 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by carsnpars
Gomer says"GOOOOOLLYYY" Forest asks" you eat **** for breakfast? Is it cooked?"
Only body temperature.
Old 12-06-2018, 07:52 PM
JockamoIPA
Racer

Received 92 Likes on 48 Posts

Originally Posted by PatternDayTrader
Ok I'll bite.

You eat pieces of **** for breakfast?
No!!!!

Originally Posted by lcbiiimd
As someone who is having issues with his car at present (and whose car been languishing at the dealer for over a month now with a transmission issue they seem unable to correct) I would suggest that maybe some of these "complaint threads" are being posted in the hopes that maybe someone who also owns the same car might have input that would be helpful. I've had some good advice from fellow owners that I appreciate and getting advice from fellow enthusiasts is one of the points of having a forum like this.
My opinion, but that's not a complaint, that's a legit problem and you're seeking a solution/advice. I'm talking about just BS bitching.

Originally Posted by Avanti
The same argument could be made for each and every specific topic in the General Forum. Where would one stop? For example, I'd like removing ALL he vendor posts. Everyone would have different ideas, ;huh?
The vendor posts are also getting out of hand. I wouldn't mind giving the vendors their own room to declutter some of this crap out of the way. Also, a rating system for vendors like stars and stats and feedback like that found on E-Bay or Amazon would be nice.

Lol!!! Exactly.

Originally Posted by Skid Row Joe
Do you have a complaint about your C7? Anything? Bueller......??
No, complaint, just that, it is so choice...if you have the means I highly recommend picking one up.

Originally Posted by Thunder22
So you're new to car forums I take it.....

Every car forum, hell, every forum on the internet is basically this way since Al Gore fired it up.

I'm filing this under water is wet.
No, not at all. I've been on the inter web since before Al claimed it for himself. Anyway, just making an observation.

Last edited by Steve Garrett; 12-06-2018 at 08:37 PM. Reason: Merged Posts-please use the Multi-Quote button in the lower right hand corner (the middle icon) to make your responses to multiple people look like this!

Quick Reply: Nothing But Complaints...