C7 General Discussion General C7 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Failed State Inspection (monitors "Not ready")

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2019, 01:13 PM
Rebel Yell
Le Mans Master

Received 2,639 Likes on 1,702 Posts

Originally Posted by Spinny
I live in Texas as well and failed the test for the same reason twice. I learned that using the Range devise to keep the A8 from going into V4 mode clears the codes and will cause the car to get a "Not Ready" when being inspected. The Range must be removed and the car driven for a couple of days to be ready to pass state inspection.
I don't discount what you said sir, but I didn't have that problem. I just unplugged the Range, drove the long way around to the dealer so the car would be truly warmed up, and it passed inspection with no problem. But I live in North Carolina, and the parameters of vehicle inspections may be different.
Old 01-12-2019, 06:05 PM
CP
Team Owner

Received 1,125 Likes on 562 Posts

Originally Posted by Blu-Beast
I took my car in today to get a state inspection. Unfortunately it didn't pass. This is my first Chevrolet & totally new to me about drive cycle. They say 3 monitors failed. Fuel Sys, Evap Sys, O2 Sensor. In order to pass, they say I need to do a drive cycle. Where can I go to accelerate 55 mph for 3 min & coast to 20 mph without getting run over,yell or honk at? Maybe real early in the morning on the highway ? Ugggggh, what a PITA.
The Vette is not a DD. I've only put about 1500 miles since bought it late Dec. 2017. Anyone else have this issue.
[flamsuit on]For whom are you saving the car, and why?[/flamesuit off]
Old 01-12-2019, 06:54 PM
Blu-Beast
Pro

Received 119 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by CP
[flamsuit on]For whom are you saving the car, and why?[/flamesuit off]
As mentioned, the Vette is not my DD. I have 3 cars that I rotates. I lived about 2 miles from work so it doesn't add much.
Old 01-13-2019, 12:57 AM
AttyVette
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 117 Likes on 91 Posts

I am fortunate to live in a county where emission testing isn’t required...of course, maybe not, as we might not have to do it because our air is so polluted with the local refineries around us that they figured our cars emissions are the least of our worries
Old 01-13-2019, 07:40 AM
markmo
Instructor

Received 23 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by Spinny
I live in Texas as well and failed the test for the same reason twice. I learned that using the Range devise to keep the A8 from going into V4 mode clears the codes and will cause the car to get a "Not Ready" when being inspected. The Range must be removed and the car driven for a couple of days to be ready to pass state inspection.
Same thing happened to me in New York. I unplugged my range just before I drove to the dealer for an inspection. After the car failed, I drove it for a few days and brought it back. Passed with no issue. I had used the car to go on a 400 mile vacation just one week before the inspection, but the range device was in place for that trip.
Old 01-13-2019, 05:48 PM
Oneslackr
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 225 Likes on 167 Posts

Originally Posted by Texas1
My understanding in Texas is that new cars do not need emissions tests the first two years. Check the DMV website and challenge the inspector. There is an option on their machine to bypss the emisspart of the test. I discovered not too many garage techs are even aware.Inspection Exemptions

No vehicles in Texas are exempt from safety inspections.

The following vehicles are exempt from emissions testing:
  • Vehicles under 2 years old.
  • Vehicles older than 24 years old.
  • Diesel-powered vehicles.

https://www.dmv.org/tx-texas/smog-check.php

Some of us are lucky to live in counties that don't require emission tests, like here in Hays county. Though right next door in Travis county, which is the county where Austin is, it's required. I don't see the point of emission inspections in TX when one county has them & another county doesn't.

Last edited by Oneslackr; 01-13-2019 at 05:53 PM.

Quick Reply: Failed State Inspection (monitors "Not ready")