Sponsored by:

Oracle lights and...

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2019, 08:37 PM
Sconn
Burning Brakes

Received 290 Likes on 195 Posts

Originally Posted by Woodson
Have they fixed the fitment issues on these?
No fitment issues with mine.
The following users liked this post:
Woodson (01-10-2019)
Old 01-09-2019, 09:13 PM
GSDUBBZo6
Instructor

Received 46 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by FLEXjs
Yes. My understanding is early production units had bad fitment but it's been corrected.
they fit good and look even better. I’d buy them again if I had to do it over.
The following users liked this post:
Woodson (01-10-2019)
Old 01-09-2019, 09:22 PM
Sconn
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by GSDUBBZo6

they fit good and look even better. I’d buy them again if I had to do it over.
I would too.
Old 01-09-2019, 09:24 PM
pbateman
Instructor

Received 45 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by Sconn
I had read some older posts on various forums about led's going out. I was hoping they had improved them. So far mine are ok, but I do make sure to check them. Granted, I haven't driven a whole bunch with them on yet either.

How long ago did you install yours? Did all 4 have lights out?
They are almost 2 years old, and my car is garaged with 7K miles on the lights. They have not improved anything, including the fit. My friend just got his a few months ago, and he cannot get all 3 clips to snap in. I couldn't either. They are flat out not replying to any of my requests for an RMA for them turning yellow, so just count on possibly wasting $400. Sucks, because I really like the way they look.
The following 2 users liked this post by pbateman:
Avanti (01-22-2019), Woodson (01-10-2019)
Old 01-10-2019, 10:56 AM
pbateman
Instructor

Just wanted to give you all an update on my warranty claim. They finally responded (after lying to me saying they had reached out to me multiple times) and told me they are NOT covering my lights because they were painted by a third party. Like this is MY PROBLEM. They "Strongly recommend" that you use their painting service so that you WILL have a warranty. But then they tell me this. Then blame the yellowing on chemicals that I have been washing my car with. Unbelievable.
ORACLE SIDEMARKER/SIDE-MIRROR WARRANTY POLICY
ORACLE Lighting offers these parts professionally painted to order. We strongly recommend using this painting service when ordering these parts. If you choose to paint these products yourself please note that parts not properly painted with a UV clear-coat will not be covered under warranty. The clear-coat protects the acrylic parts from harmful UV damage and fills any pinholes preventing moisture issues.
Old 01-10-2019, 11:02 AM
Sconn
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by pbateman
Just wanted to give you all an update on my warranty claim. They finally responded (after lying to me saying they had reached out to me multiple times) and told me they are NOT covering my lights because they were painted by a third party. Like this is MY PROBLEM. They "Strongly recommend" that you use their painting service so that you WILL have a warranty. But then they tell me this. Then blame the yellowing on chemicals that I have been washing my car with. Unbelievable.
ORACLE SIDEMARKER/SIDE-MIRROR WARRANTY POLICY
ORACLE Lighting offers these parts professionally painted to order. We strongly recommend using this painting service when ordering these parts. If you choose to paint these products yourself please note that parts not properly painted with a UV clear-coat will not be covered under warranty. The clear-coat protects the acrylic parts from harmful UV damage and fills any pinholes preventing moisture issues.
I hate to say this, but it is not at all unusual for a company to not cover repair work on something that was modified by someone else.
It really stinks you're having issues with the lights. I'm not sure if there are any other companies making lights like this either.
Old 01-10-2019, 11:07 AM
pbateman
Instructor

Originally Posted by Sconn
I hate to say this, but it is not at all unusual for a company to not cover repair work on something that was modified by someone else.
It really stinks you're having issues with the lights. I'm not sure if there are any other companies making lights like this either.
If you choose to paint these products yourself please note that parts not properly painted with a UV clear-coat will not be covered under warranty

I am not sure how this can more cut & dry. You don't get to say "make sure that you order your parts painted otherwise we wont cover it under warranty" and then say "sorry, we're not covering that under warranty because someone else did it". NOT MY PROBLEM! Then to say then them turning after <2 years "normal wear and tear". Anything that has been painted even half assed properly will not do this.
Old 01-10-2019, 11:11 AM
Sconn
Burning Brakes

Oh I'm not saying it's right... It's just not surprising.
Old 01-10-2019, 11:23 AM
eboggs_jkvl
Moderator/Tech Contributor

Location: Jacksonville Florida BWO Dayton, Cincinnati, Bloomsbury NJ, Cincinnati
Received 3,822 Likes on 2,066 Posts
2015 C7 of the Year Finalist

Well damn....

I am now having 2nd thoughts about my order. I had them painted TR to match the car by THEIR strongly recommended paint people.

I saw this on their website: ORACLE Lighting offers these parts professionally painted to order. We strongly recommend using this painting service when ordering these parts. If you choose to paint these products yourself please note that parts not properly painted with a UV clear-coat will not be covered under warranty. The clear-coat protects the acrylic parts from harmful UV damage and fills any pinholes preventing moisture issues.
I went with their recommendation. As I read the statement, if I paint them and they die, it's on my dime. If they paint them and they die, it is up to them to warranty the product.

Not giving me a warm cuddly feeling down here in the sunshine state.

Since they are not a vendor on this site, I guess the battle is between Oracle and us.

Elmer

Last edited by eboggs_jkvl; 01-10-2019 at 11:24 AM.
Old 01-10-2019, 11:33 AM
pbateman
Instructor

Originally Posted by eboggs_jkvl
Well damn....

I am now having 2nd thoughts about my order. I had them painted TR to match the car by THEIR strongly recommended paint people.

I saw this on their website: ORACLE Lighting offers these parts professionally painted to order. We strongly recommend using this painting service when ordering these parts. If you choose to paint these products yourself please note that parts not properly painted with a UV clear-coat will not be covered under warranty. The clear-coat protects the acrylic parts from harmful UV damage and fills any pinholes preventing moisture issues.
I went with their recommendation. As I read the statement, if I paint them and they die, it's on my dime. If they paint them and they die, it is up to them to warranty the product.

Not giving me a warm cuddly feeling down here in the sunshine state.

Elmer
Yeah, their warranty is definitely a scam. This is not the first time i've had an issue either. 2/4 units had bad LED's after 6 months or so, sent them back, waited 2 weeks, they came back bowed and with black silicone surrounding the edge. You can tell they carelessly tore them apart, replaced the LED's, then decided is was a good idea to use black silicone on a white part.
Old 01-10-2019, 11:47 AM
eboggs_jkvl

Location: Jacksonville Florida BWO Dayton, Cincinnati, Bloomsbury NJ, Cincinnati

I just sent this email to them:

Meaghan,

After reading this: https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...post1598657547 I would like to cancel my order. As it hasn’t shipped yet, I should be able to cancel the order.
The information in that thread is certainly very disappointing and I will not spend $508.95 to worry about LEDs failing, paint yellowing, a bad fitting part, or a nonexistent warranty.

Please confirm the immediate cancellation of my order. If I receive your product, I will ship it back to you unopened.

Thank you,

Elmer
Old 01-10-2019, 12:02 PM
jcthorne
Drifting

Received 425 Likes on 243 Posts

I love mine. They painted them and the paint match was perfect then as now. 2 yrs later they still work as good as new. Wish more aftermarket products were as good as these.
Old 01-10-2019, 12:07 PM
Foosh
Team Owner

Received 16,668 Likes on 8,311 Posts

I'm pleased with mine, which I ordered painted by them in Sebring Orange (SO) with clear lens. Installation was very easy, the fit is great, and although the SO is not a perfect match, it looks much better than the OEM orange and red look. What I like most about them is the brightness for both day and night safety.
Old 01-10-2019, 12:30 PM
eboggs_jkvl

I can use the $500 for something else for the car or buy a lot of beer.
Old 01-10-2019, 01:03 PM
Foosh
Team Owner

Received 16,668 Likes on 8,311 Posts

You paid way too much. I believe I only paid $350 for the body-color painted ones from forum vendor VetteLights.

Last edited by Foosh; 01-10-2019 at 01:03 PM.
Old 01-10-2019, 01:33 PM
pbateman
Instructor

Don’t get me wrong - I love the way the lights look. But any vendor who ducks their warranty responsibilities like this can lick my taint. I cannot stand deceptive business practices like this. This isn’t even them getting off on a technicality. This is them saying **** you, we don’t care what our warranty says. I’m not sure I should have expected anything more from a company ran by Cajun retards in Louisiana.
Old 01-10-2019, 03:29 PM
VetteLights
Supporting Vendor

Received 530 Likes on 376 Posts

Originally Posted by Foosh
You paid way too much. I believe I only paid $350 for the body-color painted ones from forum vendor VetteLights.
We always take care of corvette forum members with prices guaranteed below advertised anywhere else!

Get notified of new replies

To Oracle lights and...

Old 01-10-2019, 03:33 PM
Michael Griffin
Advanced

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Please post the link to Vettelights
Old 01-10-2019, 03:38 PM
GSDUBBZo6
Instructor

Originally Posted by Foosh
Old 01-10-2019, 03:39 PM
GSDUBBZo6
Instructor

Originally Posted by Michael Griffin
Please post the link to Vettelights
I’ve been dealing with Cole from Corvette Lights and he has been very responsive. They shipped pretty quickly too.

Quick Reply: Oracle lights and...