C7 General Discussion General C7 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Why is no one intrested on purchasing my car ?

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2019, 09:37 AM
JDSC8VETTE
Melting Slicks

Received 2,899 Likes on 1,161 Posts

I think your car looks awesome and the stripe is not a deal breaker. I was in the market for a used one until I priced a new one. You have to remember your car is 4 years old. I know yours is a 2lt and a Z51 but buyers don't want to pay a lot for options. I just wanted a base Stingray with rear spoiler and multi mode exhaust. Most used were 3-5 years old and asking 40-46 thousand dollars. I was able to order my car that listed for 58,480 and pay 51,000. To me it was a no brainer to buy the new one with full factory warranty, no miles and brand new.
Old 01-19-2019, 10:00 AM
Zo62018A8
Melting Slicks

Received 361 Likes on 216 Posts

Wayy too many c7s out there. My dealership took one in as a trade and it sat here for 4 months collecting dust until we finally gave up and sent it to the auction even when we were willing to take a $2k loss just to get rid of the car.

Last edited by Zo62018A8; 01-19-2019 at 10:00 AM.
Old 01-19-2019, 10:13 AM
Thunder22
Team Owner

Received 2,312 Likes on 1,457 Posts

get rid of the gold chain on the rearview and shifter, it's very cliche' and is probably turning people off.

Also, it's the winter, regardless of the car being in LA.

Good luck.
The following users liked this post:
Woodson (01-19-2019)
Old 01-19-2019, 10:22 AM
Woodson
Le Mans Master

Received 1,365 Likes on 790 Posts

Originally Posted by Skid Row Joe
If it's not stock, you're losing a big segment of the pool. Mods, even factory mods like a stripe for example, loses market interest. I'd never buy a non-stock used Corvette.
Originally Posted by KenHorse
Define "non stock"
Anything that isn't a base 3LT 7M convertible.
Old 01-19-2019, 10:59 AM
Ih2lose
Melting Slicks

Received 330 Likes on 196 Posts

If that was my car My advertisement would be like this

For sale 2017 White Chevrolet Corvette Coupe with Z51& LT2 package Only 24,000 miles . One mature owner, With Clean Car fax and Clear title , Car has a red Racing stripe that matches the Red seats. Picture don't do it justice it's stunning in person,It is an 8 speed automatic ,Has heated and ventilated seats Color heads up display,Power everything in side.It also has a carbon fiber dash board along with the console, Real sharp .Has the optional clear tinted roof panel the comes off with a simple twist of a handle. This Has stock from the factory 455 hp Purrs like a kitten, but roars like a lion when you put your foot into it. To purchase a car like this brand new you would be spend in the 80's for it.It looks brand new inside and outside , Kelly blue book put the values of this car around around 46,000 in good condition, Mine is in Excellent condtion and I have it price bellow Kelly blue book for a quick sale, This is a original California car thats never seen the salty roads of the east coast. The local credit unions are offering used cars loans at low interest rates. I have the ordinal owners manual and extra key fob that goes with the car, Spring is coming and so are the higher prices, Take advantage of my winter low-priced car and be ready to be touring up and down the coast in your dream car.

ONLY 43,000.00

Cheap used car loans

Last edited by Ih2lose; 01-19-2019 at 11:03 AM.
JerryU (01-19-2019)
Old 01-19-2019, 11:45 AM
KenHorse
Team Owner

Location: I live my life by 2 rules. 1) Never share everything you know. 2)
Received 2,402 Likes on 1,366 Posts
St. Jude Donor '11-'12-'13, '16-'17-'18

Originally Posted by Woodson
Anything that isn't a base 3LT 7M convertible.
Probably but I'm seriously interested in what he thinks qualifies a car as non-stock

Cosmetic changes (like stripes or interior embelishment?)
Light mechanical changes, like changing out OEM brake pads?

I really wonder
Old 01-19-2019, 12:22 PM
DebRedZR1
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3,623 Likes on 1,742 Posts
CF Banner Relay Captain
West MI & JAX/NE Florida
Events Coordinator
St. Jude Donor '11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17, '21

As others have said, better pics, remove the personal items, get a good stand alone shot of the car only. Re-do the title with the basics, A Mod can edit for you, make it stand out, include the details in post. Nowadays cars can be shipped anywhere so the LA isn't necessary.
Winter isn't the best time to sell a car, and it does take time. GLWS
Old 01-19-2019, 12:44 PM
Mayor111
Melting Slicks

Received 1,956 Likes on 942 Posts

• Your pictures do no justice to that car. They are dark, barely in focus - take pictures next to water, or a bridge, or something beautiful behind it. Take pictures in the sun, not 1/2 sun and 1/2 shadowed.
  • You need more pictures overall. When buying a car, I want to see the FRONT, both SIDES, and the REAR. Pictures of the ENGINE, the TRUNK area. I want them bright, and focused
  • You car looks dirty in the first picture...so as a buyer, Im thinking the pictures he posts to sell his car, is the best the car has ever looked - meaning you didnt take care of the car... Not that may not be true, but that was the first thing I thought when I saw your pictures
  • Your interior picture (the first one) is great - no need for the second or third - they are not showing anything new (maybe the mileage but not necessary unless asked for).
  • In my opinion, posting a car for sale here on this forum is a total waste of time. Guys here know Vettes so they want them for alot less then they are worth...
  • There are two places to that will get you a ton of eyes looking at your car - Craigslist and AutoTrader. Craigslist if free and thousands of people will see your ad everyday. Now some folks here willl say Craigslist only attracts "dreamers"...and that may be true, but if you just use some common sense, you'll know who is a buyer and who is a BS'er. AutoTrader will cost you about $50 to $80 (depends on length of time) but gets the car advertised to a captive audience. I've sold multiple Vettes in under 2 weeks every time I've used either of these two forums.
  • The description of your car is horrible. "You guys know about the car"?? You think that attracts buyers? You almost sound like you cant wait to get rid of it...especially when you say your getting a GT-R. The second I read that, I thought, dirty car and getting a different kind of car...hmmm...I guess his car isnt that fun to own... You totally killed the excitement to want to own your car. You've told me nothing about the car, upgrades, maintenance history, CarFax in hand, Clean Title.
To sell that car, you need to wash, polish and wax the crap out of it. Then take her to a nice area to take tons of clear, bright, focused pictures of the areas of the car I explained above. Then rewrite that description, BRAG about your car, make it sound like to sell it will be like losing your first born...then people will get excited.

Good Luck!

Last edited by Mayor111; 01-19-2019 at 06:14 PM.
Old 01-19-2019, 12:56 PM
Boiler_81
Drifting

Received 429 Likes on 307 Posts

I agree, the exterior pictures are not helping at all. Besides the half in the sun half in the shade issue, the background vehicles make it look very cluttered. Replace those photos with photos taken in the sun without background which distracts from the Corvette.

Originally Posted by Zjoe6
Nice car and not a bad price. Don't forget the time of year still isn't good for selling. Also the way the pics were taken needs help. Half in the sun half in the shade. Maybe have someone help you take better pics. The angles just aren't right. Lets face it, like Ken said, you gotta market it. And good pics are most of the marketing. Not everyone likes the big stripe down the middle too.

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...-corvette.html
Old 01-19-2019, 12:58 PM
JerryU
E-Ray, 3LZ, ZER, LIFT
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 9,626 Likes on 6,630 Posts

Originally Posted by 2FastCorvette4U
Selling cars on a forum is one of the worst ways. My car sat on here for two weeks before I listed it on cars.com and sold it within a week.
Sold my C6 in two days on Auto Trader! Got only a few responses on my 2014 from the forum, it's free so why not but sold it privately and folks were excited about my added side skirts and splitter. Here you have a good chance of just getting flack and frankly from folks who have no intension of buying the car anyway! Most folks buying Vettes from ads are not "purists" and could care less what is stock etc, it's what they like! I have sold 4 of my Vettes on my own, no trade-ins. I also found my local newspaper expensive and not effective.

The OP needs to pay a few bucks and put ads where it's not just a bunch of Corvette folks who always think they can get a better deal somewhere!

Have to take good pics and if an option, like Auto Trader, pay extra for more pics in the ad.

Last edited by JerryU; 01-19-2019 at 01:06 PM.
Old 01-19-2019, 01:33 PM
jfontbaby
5th Gear

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Also try craigslist and auto trader when listing the car.
JerryU (01-19-2019)
Old 01-19-2019, 01:38 PM
Skid Row Joe
Team Owner

Received 4,002 Likes on 2,889 Posts

Originally Posted by Perf n Restore
It's the stripes....
As previously noted, unusual modding.
Old 01-19-2019, 01:39 PM
Zjoe6
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3,938 Likes on 2,425 Posts

I sold my 04 z06 here in 4 days from time of post to the guy driving it home. But it was March, sunny and in the 50's all weekend. I had TONS of pics in the sun. Interior. Way more pics than I needed. Gave a short history of maintenance, tire life, brake pad life, any mods. Short and to the point. With tons of pics. Did I mention pics?

Here's my for sale ad.
https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...-interior.html

Last edited by Zjoe6; 01-19-2019 at 03:15 PM.
Old 01-19-2019, 02:06 PM
hummiscorvettetaken
Racer

Received 197 Likes on 105 Posts

Originally Posted by Thunder22
get rid of the gold chain on the rearview and shifter, it's very cliche' and is probably turning people off.

Also, it's the winter, regardless of the car being in LA.

Good luck.
Exactly, whether selling a car or selling a house - it needs to be de-cluttered and de-personalized.
Old 01-19-2019, 02:32 PM
eboggs_jkvl
Moderator/Tech Contributor

Location: Jacksonville Florida BWO Dayton, Cincinnati, Bloomsbury NJ, Cincinnati
Received 3,822 Likes on 2,066 Posts
2015 C7 of the Year Finalist

Sold my C6 on here to a guy in Texas. I had a ton of very GOOD pictures and the car has a Edelbrock blower. Got my price and he came and got the car here in Florida. Took 5 weeks on the forum.

Here's my add. https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...nvertible.html

Elmer
Old 01-19-2019, 02:50 PM
KenHorse
Team Owner

Location: I live my life by 2 rules. 1) Never share everything you know. 2)
Received 2,402 Likes on 1,366 Posts
St. Jude Donor '11-'12-'13, '16-'17-'18

Originally Posted by eboggs_jkvl
Sold my C6 on here to a guy in Texas. I had a ton of very GOOD pictures and the car has a Edelbrock blower. Got my price and he came and got the car here in Florida. Took 5 weeks on the forum.

Here's my add. https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...nvertible.html

Elmer
Here's mine from August. Car was spoken for in under 2 days and sold within 2 weeks

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...of-extras.html
Old 01-19-2019, 03:23 PM
Sub Driver
Banned Scam/Spammer

Received 3,772 Likes on 1,467 Posts

Originally Posted by Ih2lose
If that was my car My advertisement would be like this

For sale 2017 White Chevrolet Corvette Coupe with Z51& LT2 package Only 24,000 miles . One mature owner, With Clean Car fax and Clear title , Car has a red Racing stripe that matches the Red seats. Picture don't do it justice it's stunning in person,It is an 8 speed automatic ,Has heated and ventilated seats Color heads up display,Power everything in side.It also has a carbon fiber dash board along with the console, Real sharp .Has the optional clear tinted roof panel the comes off with a simple twist of a handle. This Has stock from the factory 455 hp Purrs like a kitten, but roars like a lion when you put your foot into it. To purchase a car like this brand new you would be spend in the 80's for it.It looks brand new inside and outside , Kelly blue book put the values of this car around around 46,000 in good condition, Mine is in Excellent condtion and I have it price bellow Kelly blue book for a quick sale, This is a original California car thats never seen the salty roads of the east coast. The local credit unions are offering used cars loans at low interest rates. I have the ordinal owners manual and extra key fob that goes with the car, Spring is coming and so are the higher prices, Take advantage of my winter low-priced car and be ready to be touring up and down the coast in your dream car.

ONLY 43,000.00

Cheap used car loans
Not bad but I would spell check it first and then make sure all of the sentences actually make sense and you use the correct words. This will make sure the buyer doesn't feel like they are dealing with someone that doesn't know what they are talking about.

Get notified of new replies

To Why is no one intrested on purchasing my car ?

Old 01-19-2019, 04:09 PM
mdolandese
Melting Slicks

Received 747 Likes on 561 Posts

Like everyone said get rid of all the personal stuff, and take more pictures inside and out, under the hood. When I sold my 5th Gen ZL1 [ to buy my new 2019 Z ] I put it on Craigs List and Auto Trader and sold it in a week in the month of January. I posted about 10-15 pictures inside and out and under the hood and was very specific about the car in detail and why I was selling it I told him I need the $$ for my new 2019 Z I wanted to order.The original window sticker helped because he wanted to see that and I had it. You have to put more effort in to the ad if you really want to sell it, unless you want to give it away My car was extremely clean,15,000 miles was a 2013 Vert, Auto never seen rain or snow, everything was stock, showroom quality, not even dust under the hood, underneath looked like it came off the factory line 75% had Xpel PPF installed in all the high prone areas, no one ever sat in the back seat except me to really see how small it was and I could go on and on. Must see to appreciate pictures don't do justice. Everything I said was true, but I had to sell the car , get people interested , calling me. Don't think people are going to call just because you put it out there. There's a lot of great deals on used and new C7 Vetts now, and you have to make them see why yours is the better deal. Also I had all the service records to show them from the Chevy dealer neatly and in order in a folder. Plus included was my car cover and any other accessories I had for the car. Good Luck

Last edited by mdolandese; 01-19-2019 at 04:20 PM.
Old 01-19-2019, 04:22 PM
Ih2lose
Melting Slicks

Received 330 Likes on 196 Posts

Originally Posted by Sub Driver
Not bad but I would spell check it first and then make sure all of the sentences actually make sense and you use the correct words. This will make sure the buyer doesn't feel like they are dealing with someone that doesn't know what they are talking about.
I can't argue with that comment
Old 01-19-2019, 06:07 PM
JK 23112
Drifting

Received 962 Likes on 646 Posts

Best of luck with the sale. It is truly a buyer's market for C7s right now......especially with it being winter time in much of the country.

Quick Reply: Why is no one intrested on purchasing my car ?