Sponsored by:

Adding PDR

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2019, 12:48 PM
ez10sec
Racer

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Adding PDR

Can you add performance and data recording to a c7 z06 that didn't come with the PDR from the factory? If not, are there any good aftermarket suggestions? Thank You...
Old 01-21-2019, 01:19 PM
mountainears
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 988 Likes on 609 Posts
2018 Corvette of Year Finalist
2017 C7 of Year Finalist

I've seen it discussed a few times in the forums and the short answer is no. Way too deep of integration in the systems to add it after the fact.

There are people that use GoPros and integration with other tools like OBDII that can come close, but not provide all of the data that you get out of the Cosworth tool kit or the incognito / simplicity of the factor PDR. Lots of track folks use a variety of tools, some goolgle searching should get your mind spinning a bit. Here's a link to one article that provides some info on a few options:
https://www.roadandtrack.com/car-cul...-65-2-roa0913/
Old 01-21-2019, 03:34 PM
JMII
Safety Car

Received 2,025 Likes on 1,349 Posts

I use the following combo:
Harry's Lap timer on my iPhone
GoPro Hero3+
Kiwi3 OBDII Bluetooth dongle
Race Render software ties it all together

Sorry about the audio (and non-C7 action) but the GoPro mic just picks up the wind.

I think I'm going to use Harry's to do the video in effort to simply my setup, synchronizing the video and data can be tricky. Plus this way Harry's handles all the gauge and map overlays so I don't need Race Render. Sadly the Bluetooth dongle doesn't provide instant results, there is a small lag so sometimes the speed and throttle data isn't that accurate. The phone's GPS isn't accurate enough either really so this just fun and not a serious coaching tool. Clearly the PDR is much better but wasn't a choice back in '14.

Last edited by JMII; 01-21-2019 at 03:35 PM.

Get notified of new replies

To Adding PDR

Quick Reply: Adding PDR