Sponsored by:

EOS splitter

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2019, 08:45 PM
LuisZ51
Burning Brakes

Received 404 Likes on 203 Posts
Default EOS splitter

I just purchased a splitter from extreme online store. It is a stage 2 with the small side winglets. They aren't drilled for installation and neither is the splitter. I messaged them and they said they install them with double sided tape. Has anyone done this and had them hold without coming off? I don't track my car just the occasional 1/4 mile once in a blue moon. What say you guys?
Old 02-04-2019, 09:07 PM
SingleTrackMinded
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,359 Likes on 903 Posts

I just lined it op and drilled holes. I went Stage 3.

Last edited by SingleTrackMinded; 02-04-2019 at 09:08 PM.
Old 02-04-2019, 10:33 PM
gmarcucio
Drifting

Received 601 Likes on 318 Posts

Originally Posted by LuisZ51
I just purchased a splitter from extreme online store. It is a stage 2 with the small side winglets. They aren't drilled for installation and neither is the splitter. I messaged them and they said they install them with double sided tape. Has anyone done this and had them hold without coming off? I don't track my car just the occasional 1/4 mile once in a blue moon. What say you guys?
Is your splitter carbon flash or carbon fiber? I believe the stage 2 winglets that EOS has are only in carbon fiber. So if your splitter is carbon flash they wont match if you care about matching. Also, when you hold the winglets against each end of the splitter will they attach level and not tilted out on the top because of the top of the winglet hitting the fender?
Old 02-04-2019, 10:47 PM
LuisZ51
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by gmarcucio
Is your splitter carbon flash or carbon fiber? I believe the stage 2 winglets that EOS has are only in carbon fiber. So if your splitter is carbon flash they wont match if you care about matching. Also, when you hold the winglets against each end of the splitter will they attach level and not tilted out on the top because of the top of the winglet hitting the fender?
The splitter is carbon flash and the winglets are carbon fiber. Not too worried about the matching. Hadn't even thought about about then possibly hitting the fender. I really hope that's not the case. They have pictures on their site of this exact setup installed.
I don't think they tilt out though. I'll check tomorrow since nothing is installed yet.
Old 02-05-2019, 10:13 AM
gmarcucio
Drifting

The splitter is carbon flash and the winglets are carbon fiber. Not too worried about the matching. Hadn't even thought about about then possibly hitting the fender. I really hope that's not the case. They have pictures on their site of this exact setup installed.
I don't think they tilt out though. I'll check tomorrow since nothing is installed yet.
If you haven't installed the splitter yet to save yourself a lot of grief attach the winglets first to the splitter before positioning the splitter on the car. Even if you just temporarily attach them for lining up the splitter on the car to make sure either winglet is not going to hit the fender. I made the mistake of installing my splitter first which looks lined up on the car ok. However when I went to install the winglets the right side top of the winglet touches the fender and therefore pushes out on the top of the winglet. Not a tremendous amount but enough where I don't like it. So I'm not sure if I have the splitter positioned over to one side a bit or if the splitter is not long enough where it won't allow both winglets to clear the fender. So if I want to use the winglets I would have to pull the splitter back off again to see if I could line it up to where the winglets wont touch the fender and then hope it's centered on the front. Or my other option is to leave the winglets off. As yo can see it looks lined up pretty good on the car.

The following users liked this post:
V Vette (02-11-2019)
Old 02-05-2019, 11:38 AM
LuisZ51
Burning Brakes

If you haven't installed the splitter yet to save yourself a lot of grief attach the winglets first to the splitter before positioning the splitter on the car. Even if you just temporarily attach them for lining up the splitter on the car to make sure either winglet is not going to hit the fender. I made the mistake of installing my splitter first which looks lined up on the car ok. However when I went to install the winglets the right side top of the winglet touches the fender and therefore pushes out on the top of the winglet. Not a tremendous amount but enough where I don't like it. So I'm not sure if I have the splitter positioned over to one side a bit or if the splitter is not long enough where it won't allow both winglets to clear the fender. So if I want to use the winglets I would have to pull the splitter back off again to see if I could line it up to where the winglets wont touch the fender and then hope it's centered on the front. Or my other option is to leave the winglets off. As yo can see it looks lined up pretty good on the car.

I'm really disappointed reading this. My side skirts and splitter already came all scratched up and paint missing on one corner of the splitter. I figured the winglets would cover that up.
Also, i didn't think there was that much room for adjustment in the splitter? Doesn't it bolt up to the factory screws under there?
Old 02-05-2019, 12:50 PM
gmarcucio
Drifting

I'm really disappointed reading this. My side skirts and splitter already came all scratched up and paint missing on one corner of the splitter. I figured the winglets would cover that up.
Also, i didn't think there was that much room for adjustment in the splitter? Doesn't it bolt up to the factory screws under there?
It does bolt up to the factory screws and then you need to drill additional holes towards the outside edge of the splitter (see picture) securing with rivets and they specify using two sided tape also. If I were you I wouldn't use the two sided tape. Once that tape sets up it is hard to pull whatever it is holding apart. I used the tape and regret it now. Because I really wanted to install my winglets and if it wasn't for me using the tape I would have already drilled the rivets back out and try reinstalling the splitter. And your question asking if there is really that much room for adjustment using the factory holes? no there isn't which is what makes me think the splitter might not be long enough to allow those winglets to clear the fender. That's why I said for you to temporary attach the winglets and try fitting the splitter to the car first. You may be able to elongate the holes in the splitter to move it in either direction so that the winglets don't touch the fenders. The factory bolts and newly drilled holes secured

with rivets should be more than adequate to attach the splitter.
Old 02-05-2019, 01:04 PM
gmarcucio
Drifting

Just reading your OP I forgot that you said yours didn't have any holes drilled. So you can move it around anyway you want to get it to fit as long as it is centered on the car and winglets don't hit the fenders. You will just have to decide if you are going to use the two sided tape or factory bolts or a little bit of both.
Old 02-05-2019, 02:27 PM
LuisZ51
Burning Brakes

Just reading your OP I forgot that you said yours didn't have any holes drilled. So you can move it around anyway you want to get it to fit as long as it is centered on the car and winglets don't hit the fenders. You will just have to decide if you are going to use the two sided tape or factory bolts or a little bit of both.
Mine has all the drilled holes underneath to attach it to the bumper. It just doesn't have holes on the side for the winglets. The winglets don't have holes either. Seriously considering sending it back.
Old 02-05-2019, 03:46 PM
Fast Boat Guy
Instructor

Received 68 Likes on 44 Posts

Keep us posted on what you decide.
I just received mine from EOS today. Mine is Carbon Fiber. I do not want to get half way thru the job, the. Realize it was a mistake.
Thanks for any updates.
Old 02-05-2019, 04:01 PM
gmarcucio
Drifting

I didn't have any issues with the product arriving damaged. My issue was not pre-fitting the splitter to the car first with the winglets attached to make sure it was going to fit correctly before attaching it. I probably just have the splitter to one side slightly more allowing the winglet to hit the fender on one side which could have been avoided if I had pre-fitted it first. There must be more people on this forum that have installed the EOS splitter with both stage 2 winglets attached. I wonder if their winglets clear the fender on both sides? It would be interesting to see how theirs fit. As far as the product holding up I can't answer that either as I haven't driven the car since I installed them. The car has been in storage for the winter.
Old 02-05-2019, 04:56 PM
1BadRS
Racer

Received 117 Likes on 63 Posts

gmarcucio, are the pieces under the car that are attached to the splitter already on the car, or are those additional pieces that are needed? Thanks
Old 02-05-2019, 06:05 PM
gmarcucio
Drifting

Originally Posted by 1BadRS
gmarcucio, are the pieces under the car that are attached to the splitter already on the car, or are those additional pieces that are needed? Thanks
The first row towards the front of the splitter are added drilled holes in which I installed tri-grip rivets. One rivet is currently missing I ran out of the rivets. The other row with hexagon head screws are the originals.
Old 02-05-2019, 07:58 PM
LuisZ51
Burning Brakes

The first row towards the front of the splitter are added drilled holes in which I installed tri-grip rivets. One rivet is currently missing I ran out of the rivets. The other row with hexagon head screws are the originals.
At least yours looks like it's a full splitter. Mine is more like a hollow shell. Doesn't wrap under itself at all.
Old 02-05-2019, 08:50 PM
gmarcucio
Drifting

Here is what mine looked like when I received the kit.

Old 02-05-2019, 09:20 PM
LuisZ51
Burning Brakes

Mine isn't solid on the bottom like yours. It's hollow like the side skirts.
Old 02-06-2019, 08:08 AM
1BadRS
Racer

Received 117 Likes on 63 Posts

Thank you for the follow up. Sorry if I wasn't clear. I'm talking about the plastic "under tray" pieces, that tie into the splitter. Looks like 2 panels to me. I was curious if those flat plastic panels are already on the car or if those were something additional you had to purchase to tie everything together. Hope that makes sense.

Get notified of new replies

To EOS splitter

Old 02-06-2019, 09:24 AM
gmarcucio
Drifting

Originally Posted by 1BadRS
Thank you for the follow up. Sorry if I wasn't clear. I'm talking about the plastic "under tray" pieces, that tie into the splitter. Looks like 2 panels to me. I was curious if those flat plastic panels are already on the car or if those were something additional you had to purchase to tie everything together. Hope that makes sense.
Sorry about that I misunderstood you. Those pieces were already there. I just removed the screws securing the bottom of the bumper cover, placed the splitter in position and then secured the splitter and bumper cover with the same screws. Then I drilled the additional row of holes and added the additional rivets securing the splitter.
Old 02-10-2019, 08:36 PM
LuisZ51
Burning Brakes

I finally got everything installed today. The side skirts weren't bad at all. The front splitter was a different story. After a lot of cussing and adjusting the holes I got the fitment right. The winglets don't rub on either side now. The pre-drilled holes in the splitter still don't line up perfectly to the factory bumper holes but it's on there now.
Old 02-10-2019, 10:58 PM
Dundon929
Instructor

Received 72 Likes on 40 Posts

Was going to do this mod tomorrow evening...did you just screw the winglets to the splitter? Looks like there are small indentions where the screws would go.

Quick Reply: EOS splitter