Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Free C7 TB Mod Rework/Recalibration for PTB’s*

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2019, 12:49 AM
Yourconfused
Racer

Received 43 Likes on 33 Posts

I drove my car for a bit (10 miles in slow traffic and about 30 sec at 70 mph) yesterday after the ECU reset and it was decent for a new learn of the TB, but after today it was a different animal. Today it was quite whacky. lol I only gave it a few miles as I needed to do other things aside from driving the car so I didn't learn much from it. Sunday through Wednesday I will be running the car through the commuting paces and will report back then. I expect great results now that I have read that others being happy after the Batt drain on the caps in the ECU. If I didn't notice anything different, then that would be proof that the TB didn't make a change, but as I have noticed a difference that is proof of a beneficial modification. Software masks the inadequacy of hardware deficiencies and it seems like this TB is a step in the right direction. Thanks Mike, your product is making a noticeable difference in the way the car performs.

Last edited by Yourconfused; 03-16-2019 at 12:52 AM.
The following users liked this post:
Mike@SolerEngr (03-16-2019)
Old 03-19-2019, 07:50 PM
spinkick
Melting Slicks

Received 544 Likes on 324 Posts

I'm going to bring the car out soon. Just pull the negative overnight, right?

What should I tell my tuner when we do my supercharger?
Old 03-20-2019, 09:51 AM
Mike@SolerEngr
Supporting Vendor

Received 530 Likes on 270 Posts

Originally Posted by spinkick
I'm going to bring the car out soon. Just pull the negative overnight, right?
Yes, after changing TB's and reconnecting battery:

1. Start engine, idle for 3 min.
2. Engine off for 1 min.
3. Start engine, idle for 3 min.
4. Drive at or above 44 mph w/ several decelerations and extended idles.
5. Engine off for 1 min.
6. Repeat 4 and 5 if necessary.

Originally Posted by spinkick
What should I tell my tuner when we do my supercharger?
The SC is very likely to be bypassed at the low throttle angles we modified on this TB and they should have no problems working together as in the case of the Z06 for example. If anything, you can ask your tuner to log TP, MAF, Fuel Trims, Timing to see if any refinements are needed between 0-33% throttle.

Try the TB before SC and tune and get a feel for the response, then you can tell the tuner if you'd like to adjust the pedal mapping more to your liking. It is aggressive as it is w/ stock pedal map.
Old 03-21-2019, 05:31 PM
Mike@SolerEngr
Supporting Vendor

Received 530 Likes on 270 Posts
Default Join us!

Just in case some of you missed our giveaway post!

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...post1599007197

Join our community of followers, customers, friends, and family

https://www.solerengineering.com/
Facebook
Instagram

Cheers,
www.solerengineering.com

Old 04-02-2019, 09:06 AM
Roadrogue
Burning Brakes

Received 93 Likes on 74 Posts

Originally Posted by Sellout
I had been waiting to post my thoughts on the Mamo throttle body rework, because it took a little time to get to the point that my car is at now. I had the exact same issue that @Yourconfused is having now. To be honest I was a bit deflated after the install, as the throttle pedal actually felt WORSE than it did with the stock throttle body. The off-idle stumble was horrendous, the pedal wasn't linear at all and I had gone through a full week of drive cycles. I reached out to Mike and he asked if I was against the idea of an overnight battery disconnect procedure to reset everything and try again. I figured that was definitely worth a try rather than waiting for a new Mamo PTB, so that's what I did.

I'm pretty happy to say that the battery disconnect really solved the problem. From the very first time I started the car after reconnecting the battery, it was driveable and the throttle pedal was responsive. It still had a couple points in the rpm sweep where it would feel like it was pulling timing and then the timing came back, (bog and then surge) but that seemed to be immediately smoothed out by the computer each time it happened, and then the next time I ran through that RPM range it was as if nothing had ever happened. Smooth power delivery with partial throttle, the way it should be.

Now I've got a good 100 miles on the car since the reset and everything seems to be 100% working as intended. The throttle pedal is responsive in a way that no other modern GM throttle pedal is, which is EXACTLY what I wanted. This mod isn't for everybody, as you can see by the bickering back and forth about the different ways to solve this problem, but I'm pretty happy with it.

Now here's what this throttle body mod does NOT do: It doesn't make the throttle plate snap open faster than your foot can move. It doesn't get rid of the factory software that "softens" the input from a dead stop to limit driveline shock or prevent WOT before 3200 rpm. It doesn't change ANYTHING that it shouldn't change.

It just makes the car drive like a modern sports car, rather than like a Tahoe, at every point below 40% throttle angle.
Having a Mamo TB I was hoping to hear your comparison. Was it worth changing from the Mamo?
Old 04-02-2019, 09:39 AM
Sellout
Instructor

Received 78 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by Roadrogue
Having a Mamo TB I was hoping to hear your comparison. Was it worth changing from the Mamo?
Definitely worth doing if what you're looking for is a more responsive throttle pedal. A mamo throttle body fixes what's wrong with the throttle body, but keeps the original intent of that throttle body intact. (very gradual opening, gentle transition from idle to moving, etc)

This one quite literally changes the throttle body's design to one that opens faster. If you've always wondered why in a corvette you have to have your foot half way down into the pedal travel to cruise along the freeway at 70mph, that stock throttle body is the reason, and this one is the fix.
The following users liked this post:
Mike@SolerEngr (04-04-2019)

Quick Reply: Free C7 TB Mod Rework/Recalibration for PTB’s*