CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   C7 General Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c7-general-discussion-142/)
-   -   Free C7 TB Mod Rework/Recalibration for PTB’s* (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c7-general-discussion/4241250-free-c7-tb-mod-rework-recalibration-for-ptbis.html)

Mike@SolerEngr 02-11-2019 06:12 PM

Free C7 TB Mod Rework/Recalibration for PTB’s*

As test results of our throttle body modification keep coming with great reviews, we are feeling evermore confident about launching Soler Engineering LLC, (SE) website and products within a month or so. We have also realized that many of you already own a ported throttle body that works to some extent and that making a switch to a different throttle body is not a simple matter. This is why we are planning to offer existing PTB's rework/recalibration at a reduced price but, we need to test it first.

We have evaluated and tested the reworkability of some of the most popular throttle bodies in the market and all of the three different aftermarket PTB’s* we have on hand meet the requirements to be recalibrated to our performance standards (Yes, numbers, not words). Chances are, that if the throttle body you own is called/sold under the “ported” category, it can be reworked. So, don’t be shy of letting us know if yours is one of the lesser known brands, it may be recalibrated.

We need to test six sample reworked bodies.

If you feel your current PTB doesn’t respond fast enough or your C7 has any of the related ailments mentioned in the technical thread above, or maybe you are just wondering how much better your PTB could do. Give us a shot at it by letting us know what your PTB brand, Car Model**, Model Year**, Engine/Intake/Exhaust/Tune/TC mods** are and we’ll modify your current PTB* for free to meet the standards of our brand new SE Modified TB’s. Please post, PM’s welcome too as a second choice.

We are confident you’ll like it but, if for any reason you are not satisfied with the modification, we’ll send you your choice of either, a new PTB of the same brand you provided, a new SE Modified Throttle Body, or a brand new OEM throttle body. All upon receipt of SE modified sample. We’ll also either reimburse you all SE authorized shipping charges or send you a prepaid shipping label(s).

* Although the odds they can be reworked are very high, the fact that there is no part number or revision number control marked on these parts, the possibility that they can have substantially different geometries exist and there is no 100% certainty they can be reworked to our standards. We’ll evaluate it and do our best in coordination w/ you, nevertheless.

**For information only. Not to be considered for selection. PTB type/brand is the main selection criteria.

Thanks!

Mike

https://cimg1.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.cor...82289dc44b.jpg
https://cimg5.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.cor...2bfc3179d2.jpg

Sellout 02-12-2019 09:22 AM

I'm interested to see what you can do. I've got a mamo PTB on a 2018 GS A8.

Mike@SolerEngr 02-12-2019 09:27 AM

Originally Posted by Sellout (Post 1598864011)
I'm interested to see what you can do. I've got a mamo PTB on a 2018 GS A8.

Great, we are familiar w/ that brand and are pretty sure it can be reworked. It would be great, but not strictly necessary, if you can record some measure of performance on it while you have it on, so you can compare it to the reworked one. Anyway, I'll PM you w/ more details. Thanks.

Mike

Yourconfused 02-12-2019 09:44 AM

Originally Posted by Mike@SolerEngr (Post 1598864040)
Great, we are familiar w/ that brand and are pretty sure it can be reworked. It would be great, but not strictly necessary, if you can record some measure of performance on it while you have it on, so you can compare it to the reworked one. Anyway, I'll PM you w/ more details. Thanks.

Mike

I also have the Mamo on my 14 Z51 A6 but don't take it to the strip, just daily driver it. Need 2 Mamos? Lol

snampro 02-12-2019 09:55 AM

PM Sent

'16 Z06 M7, and Mamo

Mike@SolerEngr 02-12-2019 09:59 AM

Originally Posted by Yourconfused (Post 1598864124)
I also have the Mamo on my 14 Z51 A6 but don't take it to the strip, just daily driver it. Need 2 Mamos? Lol

No problem. The Mod actually works better at part throttle (daily driving). Claims of HP gains at WOT you had on it will still remain after rework, if they ever actually existed. PM sent. Thx.

Mike@SolerEngr 02-12-2019 10:40 AM

Originally Posted by snampro (Post 1598864186)
PM Sent

'16 Z06 M7, and Mamo

Thanks snampro, we'll do yours too (a 3rd Mamo).

At this point we are needing a total of 3 more PTB's and at least 2 other different brands to test. Thank you all.

McNultyZ06 02-12-2019 11:12 AM

Interested, I have a mamo PTB. I run a stock 2018 Z06 A8. I am also able to record/provide performance info. Thank you.

Mike@SolerEngr 02-12-2019 11:45 AM

Originally Posted by McNultyZ06 (Post 1598864739)
Interested, I have a mamo PTB. I run a stock 2018 Z06 A8. I am also able to record/provide performance info. Thank you.

Thanks McNulty, yours will be the last Mamo. PM sent.

Unfortunately, we cannot accept more Mamo PTB's. We need 2 other brands and there are only 2 samples left. Thx.

snampro 02-13-2019 09:06 AM

Mine is in the mail. Excited to give this a try. Back to my stock TB for now.

Yourconfused 02-13-2019 10:02 AM

Just printed my label and will be mailing mine out tomorrow.

spinkick 02-13-2019 10:10 AM

Katech ptb, 17 grand sport with veraram intake and longtube headers with tune. M7

By the way, car will not be driven until the spring so, I don't know if I'm a good candidate. Carcwill be supercharged soon.

Mike@SolerEngr 02-13-2019 10:45 AM

Originally Posted by spinkick (Post 1598870667)
Katech ptb, 17 grand sport with veraram intake and longtube headers with tune. M7

By the way, car will not be driven until the spring so, I don't know if I'm a good candidate. Carcwill be supercharged soon.

Spinkick, thanks for your interest and for being candid. I'm planing to keep this offer open until next week, and if there are no more candidates, I'll take the opportunity you have offered to rework your PTB. This is another brand we have tested and are fairly certain it can be reworked.

Deepdiver 02-13-2019 11:22 AM

I have a Weapon X ptb, it that’s one of the brands that you have an opening for.

spinkick 02-13-2019 11:24 AM

Originally Posted by Mike@SolerEngr (Post 1598870926)
Spinkick, thanks for your interest and for being candid. I'm planing to keep this offer open until next week, and if there are no more candidates, I'll take the opportunity you have offered to rework your PTB. This is another brand we have tested and are fairly certain it can be reworked.

Sounds great. Shoot me a pm.

Mike@SolerEngr 02-13-2019 11:49 AM

Originally Posted by Deepdiver (Post 1598871191)
I have a Weapon X ptb, it that’s one of the brands that you have an opening for.

Yes, but we'll have to evaluate it first, as we have not reworked/tested one of those yet over here. Chances are good though. Will you be able to install and test upon receipt? Thx.

Deepdiver 02-13-2019 02:34 PM

Yes. Absolutely.

Mike@SolerEngr 02-13-2019 05:22 PM

Originally Posted by Deepdiver (Post 1598872356)
Yes. Absolutely.

Great! Check your PM inbox for further details.

Mike@SolerEngr 02-14-2019 11:50 AM

Okay, we have all six samples needed. Thank you all for trying this out. It will take about two weeks from the day I get them to do the rework.

Mike@SolerEngr 03-02-2019 08:54 PM

Hello All, we are glad to announce that our website is finally up and running. Please give us a visit.

https://www.solerengineering.com/

Thanks,