Sponsored by:

Just took delivery of '17 GS

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2019, 02:00 AM
BullittEV
Pro

Received 44 Likes on 32 Posts
Default Just took delivery of '17 GS

Hey folks, just got the GS, shipped from FL.

I notified the dealership immediately of some panel damage (both 3/4 side skirts have touch up paint on them and a decent size chip on the driver side, as well as some other dings)
The guy who sold me my car said, "Ah ok, go get me a quote for the damage." I am thinking, is this too good to be true? I mean, I wasn't notified of any damage like that. All the issues are noted on the bill of sale from the delivery company.

What is he expecting? To get a quote to fix it or to have a shop order OEM/install?

They are not carbon fiber, is this the GM part #: 84113135 ?
https://www.gmpartsdirect.com/oem-pa...ding-84113135/

What would you folks do in this situation?

Necessary first pic:

Old 02-14-2019, 02:51 AM
Kevin A Jones
Race Director

Received 11,720 Likes on 5,599 Posts

That looks like the correct part #, as far as what he's expecting to do? Why don't you just ask him?
The best scenario IMO, would be for you to have the skirts replaced at a Chevy dealership near you and the selling dealer pay for it.
The following users liked this post:
Rebel Yell (02-15-2019)
Old 02-14-2019, 07:20 AM
GARYFINN
Team Owner

Location: S/W ,Fla-Ohio State Football isn't a matter of life or death,Its Much More serious than that
Received 1,142 Likes on 592 Posts

DiD they say the car was perfect ?? Tell them that they pay for the damage or take the car back
Old 02-14-2019, 07:45 AM
Vetteman Jack
Administrator

Support Corvetteforum!

Location: In a parallel universe. Currently own 2014 Stingray Coupe.
Received 19,307 Likes on 13,978 Posts
C7 of the Year - Modified Finalist 2021
MO Events Coordinator
St. Jude Co-Organizer
St. Jude Donor '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-
'20-'21-'22-'23-'24
NCM Sinkhole Donor
CI 5, 8 & 11 Veteran

First of all, get an agreement in writing as to what the selling dealer is willing to do to fix the problems with the car. Without it, you have nothing.

I would have thought that the delivery company would have given the selling dealer a copy of the report stating what damage was present at the time they picked up the car.

Doesn't hurt to get the quote for damage repair, but if the seller is not willing to make it right, I'd do what GARYFINN mentions.
Old 02-14-2019, 08:12 AM
Marcho Polo
Le Mans Master

Received 1,620 Likes on 739 Posts
2024 Corvette of the Year Finalist - Unmodified
2023 C8 of the Year Winner - Unmodified
2020 Corvette of the Year Finalist (stock)
2019 C7 of Year Winner (stock)
Former Moderator
Cruise-In I-II-III Veteran

I bought an ATS-V out of state and had a couple small issues like that. The salesman verbally said the same thing, get a quote. They were very nice and fixed everything I mentioned and paid for it all. Give them a chance to make it right. I would start by doing the same process as if you were in a fender bender, go to your dealer and ask them to provide a quote and send that to the original dealer to handle. Good luck!
Old 02-14-2019, 08:42 AM
Michael Griffin
Advanced

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Beautiful car. I have the same car. Get it Ceramic Coated.
Old 02-14-2019, 11:41 AM
V Vette
Le Mans Master

Received 420 Likes on 291 Posts

YAHOOOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooooooooooooooooo !!!
Old 02-14-2019, 12:10 PM
BullittEV
Pro

Received 44 Likes on 32 Posts

Thanks for the responses guys,

Yeah, the bill of lading from the delivery company has all the issues on there on pick up. I am going to use that at a close GM dealer and then at another well known body shop and get back to them with 2 quotes.

Of course I will let them make it right. The dealer didn't mention any issues on the paint when we talked and I asked him if there were any during the sale. But that was only verbal- it seems as once the deal goes through and they get their commission, they don't really care too much as it doesn't come out of their pocket to fulfill an issue like this.

A side issue: With my car still under factory warranty, can I ask the GM dealership to diagnose the car? The new transmission is nice (7 speed-tr6070) but I do feel like it is a bit mechanical- I know this is normal but I get the feeling that wayyyy down the line it will end up costing me.. Can I have the dealership look into it? I'd rather not pay all that labor to remove the transmission.. Is there any way to diagnose the internals with all the new tech on the C7? I LOVE that the clutch pops you out of gear instead of allowing it to grind.

Also looking for a GMEPP, but Dennis F. from the site doesn't seem to deal with California.

CLIFFS:

-Paint issues from car bought out of state (currently seems to be working with me so no issues yet)
-Possible transmission wear on the gears from previous owner (14.5K on the transmission), but could be totally wrong and thats just how the 6070 feels. It's not supposed to be buttery smooth but I think all the manual drivers can understand what I am saying.
-GMEPP in California
Old 02-14-2019, 11:18 PM
Skid Row Joe
Team Owner

Received 4,002 Likes on 2,889 Posts

You may run into trouble on collecting the repair bill for the damages. Since the shipper already notated them when they picked up the car at the dealer, the dealer knows about the damage to the car when it was picked up in Florida. Good luck on getting the car fixed and reimbursement from the seller.

Get notified of new replies

To Just took delivery of '17 GS

Quick Reply: Just took delivery of '17 GS