C7 General Discussion General C7 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Stage 1, Stage 2, Stage 3...please explain these spoilers

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2019, 08:16 PM
$$$frumnuttin'
Tech Contributor

Location: Should this thoughtful, valuable contribution meet with no acknowledgement or 'thanks' this post----
Received 399 Likes on 257 Posts

Default Stage 1, Stage 2, Stage 3...please explain these spoilers

I picked up a used set of take-offs from a Z06. After a youtube video it looked like the parts would fit on a Z51 spoiler with some slight modification. Today, I held one of the spoiler sides in place and noticed a huge gap at the outer corner, a big empty space. What am I missing here? I think the ones I got are Stage 1, right? Seems to me Stage 1 is stock from the factory. If Stage 2 and 3 are different dimensions should I have gone in that direction?
Old 03-09-2019, 10:25 PM
Exia
Burning Brakes

Received 844 Likes on 351 Posts

Not sure if your replacing your Z51 spoiler with a Z06 or if your just adding the stage 2 "wickers" to the stock Z51 spoiler. The stock Z06 spoiler will stick out a bit on a Stingray because you do not have the wide body. If you just have the stage 2 wickers the mounting points are probably not the same and thats why your seeing a gap because your trying to attach them to your Z51 spoiler and not a Z06. You will have to do some research into if you can add stage 2 wickers to a Z51 spoiler. Pictures would help in showing us what you mean.

Stage 1 is the stock Z06 spoiler.

Stage 2 is just adding two additional wickers to the ends of the stage 1 spoiler, they are attached by mounting screws.

Stage 3 is adding another transparent wicker to the center of the spoiler. Once again just attached by mounting screws.

The length of the spoiler does not change, stage 2 and 3 just use the stage 1 spoiler as a base.
Old 03-10-2019, 11:01 AM
chefcg1
Melting Slicks

Received 560 Likes on 379 Posts
C7 of Year Finalist (performance mods) 2019

From what I’m gathering you have the wickers and trying to add them to the z51 spoiler. I have done it to mine and yes you will have a triangular gap at the corners, but it really isn’t noticeable. Check this link
https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...for-z51-2.html
Old 03-10-2019, 08:09 PM
CT Grand Sport CE
Racer

Received 73 Likes on 63 Posts

Checkout this video.

Get notified of new replies

To Stage 1, Stage 2, Stage 3...please explain these spoilers

Quick Reply: Stage 1, Stage 2, Stage 3...please explain these spoilers