C7 General Discussion General C7 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

##[email protected]% dealer service

Old 03-14-2019, 08:40 AM
HRT

Originally Posted by plmmd View Post
east bay in douglaston/roslyn - there one in Huntington which is a trip for me they have a corvette specific tech- bought car at kerbeck for 9k under what the dealer wanted locally
I think that's what I'm going to do.. Kerbeck seems to have the best deals.. Unless I go used
Old 03-14-2019, 09:14 AM
VH Vette
CF Senior Member

Couple of thoghts, when i called my dealer with a defect in one of my rear rims they acted like once they see and determine the defect was warranty they would then get a replacement rim. I kinda understand this so I gave them my CC number and asked them to order it in. If not warranty then we would work out the charges.
In regards to the oil change taking so long you probably hit them at a peak time and took your place in line. When I schedule I look for their non peak day and time to get scheduled in. I am snowbirding in FL and needed to get my Silverado oil chged this last Monday at a dealer I have never been to before. Talked to service advisor and she told me when they had least scheduled work. In and out with a wash under 45 minutes. By the the way good job by Steele Chev in Cocoa Fl.
VH
Old 03-14-2019, 05:06 PM
dbirdhouse1
CF Senior Member

Default That's why

I shopped my dealership almost as much as the car making sure their service dept. was up to it; voila, Titus-Will in Olympia, WA. I drive an hour but it's worth it.
Old 03-15-2019, 05:00 AM
4thC4at60
CF Senior Member

Six Corvettes - in 29 years - and almost 800,000 miles in Corvettes, the C7 has almost 85K on it - have had dealers change oil in: Texas, Oklahoma, Oregon, Washington, California, Colorado, Virginia, West Virginia, and Florida... never a problem.... at around $58... no brainer....
Old 03-15-2019, 10:52 AM
plmmd
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by VH Vette View Post
Couple of thoghts, when i called my dealer with a defect in one of my rear rims they acted like once they see and determine the defect was warranty they would then get a replacement rim. I kinda understand this so I gave them my CC number and asked them to order it in. If not warranty then we would work out the charges.
In regards to the oil change taking so long you probably hit them at a peak time and took your place in line. When I schedule I look for their non peak day and time to get scheduled in. I am snowbirding in FL and needed to get my Silverado oil chged this last Monday at a dealer I have never been to before. Talked to service advisor and she told me when they had least scheduled work. In and out with a wash under 45 minutes. By the the way good job by Steele Chev in Cocoa Fl.
VH
re peak time - I was car number 2 at 730 in the am- had they honestly told me it would be 3+ hours Id have ubered home and back over 5 was ridiculous I brought work but not enough- in a perfect world the wheel would have been off and mounting while the car was on the lift for the oil. Especially if they knew they had to send it out. Not understanding why they can outsource the wheel repair but I cant outsource myself for a warranty claim

Search this Thread
Sponsored Ads
Vendor Directory

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: