Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Battery

Old 03-14-2019, 02:14 PM
joemessman
CF Senior Member

Thanked 1,390 Times in 932 Posts

Originally Posted by yokennyr View Post
In the DIC info, my battery reading is 14 or 14.5 almost all the time.
That looks to be above 60% or so on the meter. How accurate is that? What does yours usually read?
Starts out 14 plus and then levels out to about 13.2 or so. By the way I replaced mine at 30 months. Got the Delco with the 42 mos. Mine, the original, was good at 30 months, but for the price including installation of only $166 at the dealership I consider it good insurance. When they go, they go fast! One day good the next day.............woops! It won't turn over.
Old 03-14-2019, 06:17 PM
jrdestar
CF Member

I did a quick check with my hand held meter and with a full charge and tender removed I got 12.50 after the trunk light timed off. I am going to bring it in and like (elk) said you need to do a load test to find out for sure.
Old 03-15-2019, 04:58 PM
jrdestar
CF Member

Well I brought my battery to batteries plus and had a load test done , the gentleman said my battery was good and to put it back in my car. It was dated 02/26/14.
Old 03-15-2019, 04:59 PM
KenHorse
AOC = All Out Communist
Support Corvetteforum!

Location: Aurora, OR by way of Maui, HI. I have the heart of a Progressive - I keep it in a jar on my desk
St. Jude Donor '11-'12-'13, '16-'17-'18

Originally Posted by joemessman View Post
Starts out 14 plus and then levels out to about 13.2 or so. By the way I replaced mine at 30 months. Got the Delco with the 42 mos. Mine, the original, was good at 30 months, but for the price including installation of only $166 at the dealership I consider it good insurance. When they go, they go fast! One day good the next day.............woops! It won't turn over.
I've seen mine dip to 12.5 v at times.. (used to do that on my Z51 too)
The Following User Says Thank You to KenHorse For This Useful Post:
joemessman (03-16-2019)
Old 03-15-2019, 08:06 PM
Quick99
CF Senior Member

If you enjoy being stuck on the road when the battery fails, then keep on using the 2014 unit. I was concerned that this might happen to me so when my 2014 hit 35,000 miles / 4 years old I changed the battery.... Perhaps unnecessary at the time but I no longer worry....
The Following User Says Thank You to Quick99 For This Useful Post:
joemessman (03-16-2019)
Old 03-19-2019, 02:24 PM
CRABBYJ
CF Senior Member

2018 C7 of Year Finalist

Originally Posted by trivette View Post
My October 11th 2013 delivery '14 still has its' original battery as well but I plan to replace it before taking the car out of storage in a few weeks. Just don't trust it.
Originally Posted by Vetteman Jack View Post
My 14 still has the original battery in place and it works fine. But I am considering replacing it just to be on the safe side.
Originally Posted by joemessman View Post
My early build 14 C7 was built 10/15/13 and at my Dealer on 11/2/13 when I bought it. Alway on a tender when not driven the last almost 5 1/2 years. Today I had my Chevy Dealer finally install a new ACDelco Pro Gold battery and it looks like just in time. When I started up the C7 before the drive to the dealer it read 14.1v and 13.2v before shut off once there. It started up next before being driven to the Express Service Bay for the new battery install. They did an in car battery test of the old battery shown below next. In their opinion I probably would have soon experienced a dead battery out on a drive. Note, they did not try to do a recharge and test again but feel confident it was on its last legs.

Old 03-19-2019, 02:42 PM
papillion
CF Senior Member

Default Just the Facts

Getting stranded in a semi expensive car when you tried to pull a cheapo on the battery makes no sense to me. And we have AAA Platinum. They'd haul me and my wife and my car anyplace. I pick it. Embarrassing though it may be. So at 3 years, we do a prophylactic battery replacement. Maybe a year too early, but the car is my wife's DD and I don't want her in the front seat of a tow truck. Nor our car on the hook out back. Super hot super dry S. AZ is tougher on batteries than cold starts interestingly enough. So an ounce of prevention is worth a hundred and fifty bucks. And the morning spent walking the regional mall down the street from the dealer's service drive waiting.

Last edited by papillion; 03-19-2019 at 03:50 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to papillion For This Useful Post:
joemessman (03-20-2019)

Search this Thread
Sponsored Ads
Vendor Directory

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: