Sponsored by:

Car randomly starts skipping songs

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2019, 08:30 PM
AXIS89
Instructor

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Car randomly starts skipping songs

Ive had this happen a few times now and was wondering if anyone else has experienced the same. Every now and then when playing music from my phone (both from the phone and from pandora) the songs continuously skip. Usually a couple of seconds from each song will play and then it will skip. Has anyone else had any similar issues? I'm hoping there is a possible fix. I believe it usually happens when playing over USB.
Old 03-18-2019, 11:45 AM
Rebel Yell
Le Mans Master

Received 2,640 Likes on 1,702 Posts

If it's happening with phone apps like Pandora, I'm betting it's in the phone and not the car. Try starting with a reboot of your phone, pull the battery, give it 15 - 30 seconds and replace. Sometimes that's all that needed. That's worked for me when I had trouble with the wife's SYNC system in her Mustang. If that doesn't work you could try uninstalling the apps, and reinstalling.

Also, by USB do you mean you have a phone cable cable hooked to the system? If so it could be a bad cable. Have that on my Corvette. Good luck, I hope it's something simple.
Old 03-18-2019, 07:55 PM
wgood
Drifting

Received 73 Likes on 65 Posts

Have you used blue tooth instead of the cord !!! Or maybe the cord has a ground causing a problem ??? Wayne

Get notified of new replies

To Car randomly starts skipping songs

Quick Reply: Car randomly starts skipping songs