C7 General Discussion General C7 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Plan on ordering this month a new C7, Z51 or Z06?

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2019, 11:08 AM
Zjoe6
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3,941 Likes on 2,427 Posts

Originally Posted by JDSKY
Finally getting some good miles on my base. Every time I take it out I ask myself how all these drivers that post about using every bit of their 650HP continuously keep their DL's in tact. Perhaps you just have fewer LEO's trolling your roads. Perhaps it's just our short season here that has them stuck like flies on rotten meat on just about every stretch of road that is relatively smooth, curvy and pothole free. I also get a chuckle every time I hear someone post that they need 650HP for on-ramps and general passing. Perhaps it's just the same stuff posted on every forum no matter the toy.

The last two days weather wise were supreme here and there were more Vette's on my local go fast roads than I have ever seen. Prior to getting the Vette and running previous toys on these same stretches I just really paid little to no attention at all as to what was out there but it got to be a bit humorous how many GS and Z cars I happened upon and then passed them as they tooled along. Nothing wrong with that and I get it but c'mon man!!

Bragging rights?? I'm going to stick with that reasoning for the majority. I'm also going to suggest the OP just get the Z06 now if you are torn at all. I'm not getting one for the obvious reason that I would be using it right up to the point that they take my license away but for those that will not be as tempted or just like the bragging rights for having it just do it.
Not sure what part of western WI you live in but have you been on the 33 west of Baraboo? Like Wildcat mountain? They have some sweet roads over there. They are so curvy that I have been surprised quite a few times needing the awesome breaks these cars have. Amazing driving for Wisconsin. Just watch out for slow moving farm equipment up ahead.
Old 05-27-2019, 12:10 PM
joemessman
Le Mans Master

Received 3,447 Likes on 2,063 Posts

Originally Posted by JDMvette7
When I bought my C7, I had no real interest in a Z06 because at the time, it was hard enough using my C6 on the street without getting into trouble. The Z06 just seemed too fast for the 99% of the driving that I do. I wanted a Grand Sport because I liked the wider body, but chose the Z51 3LT M7 car because I was able to get the color/options I wanted at a good price. It also had the aero that I wanted. I agree that that I like the clean lines of the Stingray, but would have gone GS if possible. That said, I'm not missing the wider body like I did on the C6 model. I think the clean lines and aero look great.
Good deal. There are a few owners that leave off the front splitter and side skirts on the Z06 and Grand Sport to Keep those clean lines of the Stingray. I would be one of those if I owned one. I would install paint protection film on the sides, etc to help keep the rock chips to a minimum.
Old 05-27-2019, 12:17 PM
Elk
Le Mans Master

Received 3,257 Likes on 1,723 Posts

Originally Posted by JDSKY
Bragging rights?? I'm going to stick with that reasoning for the majority.
True for some, but for many of us it is for performance. No one I know has any clue what a Z06 is and cares not a whit what I drive. And no one is there to impress when I get into the twisties.

I bought the car for me, not for others.

I have plenty of opportunity to use the power and handling of the car.

Buy what you want, not what some random guy on the Internet chose to buy.
Old 05-27-2019, 01:30 PM
JDSKY
Melting Slicks

Received 1,207 Likes on 598 Posts

Originally Posted by Zjoe6
Not sure what part of western WI you live in but have you been on the 33 west of Baraboo? Like Wildcat mountain? They have some sweet roads over there. They are so curvy that I have been surprised quite a few times needing the awesome breaks these cars have. Amazing driving for Wisconsin. Just watch out for slow moving farm equipment up ahead.
Some really nice roads in those parts of the state. Don't live in that area now but I grew up thereabouts and my parents are still retired and live in that part of WI. HWY 131 from Readstown to Ontario is where I put a ton of miles on my bikes growing up. Still run those roads when I am back visiting and also store the toys there. I am on the border of WI/MN East of the twin cities. While there are some really good roads right out of my neighborhood many of them get pretty busy on nice weekends. Because of this the patrols are pretty heavy and it's often difficult to run any of these stretches without passing plenty of LEO's (and traffic) along the way. I'm not complaining though as I feel fortunate to have great roads that I can run on evening's during the week.

Quick Reply: Plan on ordering this month a new C7, Z51 or Z06?