Sponsored by:

Help - I cracked my lip

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2020, 12:44 PM
JMII
Safety Car

Received 2,025 Likes on 1,349 Posts

Originally Posted by Evil-Twin
a 300 dollar or a 900 dollar splitter will be destroyed easier then a poverty splitter. But as you have seen , the damage done to you splitter in post #1 would be no different if you had a 300 dollar splitter or a 900 dollar splitter.
This is why I'm just going with a poverty splitter. I consider any splitter to be a sacrificial item. Spending $900 on a CF one seems crazy to me. My '14 doesn't have the front cameras so I'm pretty much guaranteed to hit something at some point
Old 01-30-2020, 01:03 PM
Evil-Twin
Team Owner

Received 3,815 Likes on 1,926 Posts
St. Jude Donor '03-'04

Originally Posted by JMII
This is why I'm just going with a poverty splitter. I consider any splitter to be a sacrificial item. Spending $900 on a CF one seems crazy to me. My '14 doesn't have the front cameras so I'm pretty much guaranteed to hit something at some point
The poverty splitter to me looks like a thin rubber air dam... it has little character … no offense to those who have them.. @ 200 dollars its not a big investment.. I chose the stage II in carbon flash because it does have character.. and @ 350 not a big leap.. AS Ive said, I wiped out the first one in a week... it made me more focused on the fact that it is there. I fixed that one for a few dollars.. I now have a back up... With my new focus even if I mess it up.. I can put my back up on and fix the second one for a few dollars. and use that as a back up... Some of the splitters found on super cars are 3000 to 5000 dollars. they are just as easily destroyed... A nice splitter does make the front end look really good. Since my whole car has the Carbon flash package and I have a Carbon flash side skirts.. the Carbon flash stage two ( now upgraded to stage 3 ) all works together.

Old 01-30-2020, 01:09 PM
Vette Ski
Melting Slicks

Received 1,076 Likes on 694 Posts

I cracked my first stage II carbon flash splitter in the first week. Bought a second one , installed it, and spent 15 dollars in carbon flash paint and JB weld.. to fix the first one. I was about to throw it away. but decided to play with it.. I now have a perfect back up. BTW its been six months since the first one was hit by a high curb. ( it just ran out and hit me ). So far so good and have a lot more respect for those elusive curbs.
Bill
Bill,
Yeah, those curbs have been known to do that lots of times ! They are sneaky fast too!
Rich
Old 01-30-2020, 01:27 PM
ROBWILKER
Pro

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 250 Likes on 151 Posts

Here's a forum vendor link below who has a variety of options. I have purchased products for C6s and C7s from C7 Carbon and I find their products to be of excellent quality and value.

https://www.c7carbon.com/2014-c7-corvette-z06-front-splitter-stage2-carbon-flash-p-593
https://www.c7carbon.com/#

C7 Front splitter.
The following users liked this post:
Zodiak77 (01-30-2020)
Old 01-30-2020, 03:46 PM
FiftyFiv3
Racer

Received 125 Likes on 85 Posts

Do you need a drill/rivet gun to install these things? I ended up getting into a fight with a steep driveway; so steep I literally had no chance. Any brands to stay away from due to fitment/quality issues?
Old 01-30-2020, 04:38 PM
SingleTrackMinded
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,360 Likes on 903 Posts

Yes, you'll need to remove the rivets (drill out) and install new ones if you want to do it properly. Also, you may want to look at the vendor EOS as they offer theirs at a lower cost entry point.
Old 01-30-2020, 05:03 PM
Evil-Twin
Team Owner

Received 3,815 Likes on 1,926 Posts
St. Jude Donor '03-'04

Some people will have to adjust their driveway to accommodate a splitter.. Some driveways will never accept a splitter.. no matter how you angle your entrance and exit. I can not put my car in my daughter's driveway.. I have to park in front of her house on the street. The splitter is a nice feature but its not an install and forget... you need to keep it in your mind that its there . The fact that it is the lowest thing on the car and is more forward from the front wheels then anything else. You have to think about the type of tow truck you may need. there is only one type of tow truck that will lift a C7 with a splitter and not damage it, its not a flat bed or a roll back. Its called an Eagle claw. it grabs the bottom of the front tires, far below the splitter.
Bill
A splitter is a big commitment.. the poverty splitter is the least susceptible splitter to any of these negative issues...
Old 02-03-2020, 07:38 PM
Jason71
Burning Brakes

Received 802 Likes on 402 Posts

I'm very good with my hands... I put it on with little effort... it took me about 30 minutes... IM 75 years old. a retired engineer.
Here is the new one on my Car and the one that I wiped out after I fixed it in the foreground. ( Wiped out = cracked, split and 14 inches of curb rash,,,,.passenger side leading edge.
Originally Posted by Jason71
Thx. Ordered. I’ll let you know how it goes.
Hey,
I just wanted to thank you for recommending that stage I splitter from EBay. I received it today and put it on. It took approximately the time you had stated, and it really enhances the front of the C7. I really like it a lot.

Thanks again,
The following users liked this post:
Evil-Twin (02-03-2020)

Quick Reply: Help - I cracked my lip