Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

C6 to C7

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2020, 06:02 PM
EvanZR1
Le Mans Master

Received 2,395 Likes on 1,244 Posts
2020 Corvette of the Year Finalist (performance mods)
C4 of Year Winner (performance mods) 2019

Originally Posted by EVRGRN
Thanks for the suggestion. My Z06 is a 2019 with a June 2019 build date, so it already has the newest mag ride. These 19/20" wheels and tires are horrible on bumpy roads, plus it's no fun worrying about which bump could bend or crack a wheel.
I had 19/20 Cup wheels (same as what comes on C7 GS) on my C6 GS for almost the entire time I owned it. They rode and handled great and I never had any issues with bending/cracking through over 30K. It surprises me that your 19 Z06 rides that bad, my 15 Z51 has the 19/20 Z51 wheels, and after the mag ride update rides almost identical to what my C6 GS did with 19/20s. Ride is very acceptable in both Tour and Sport. As an aside, I did recently crack one of the rear 20" wheels on my Z51, so it's not just the C7 Z/GS that have the issue.
Old 02-03-2020, 07:20 PM
Oh Boy
Melting Slicks

Received 522 Likes on 370 Posts

Originally Posted by Evan70
I had 19/20 Cup wheels (same as what comes on C7 GS) on my C6 GS for almost the entire time I owned it. They rode and handled great and I never had any issues with bending/cracking through over 30K. It surprises me that your 19 Z06 rides that bad, my 15 Z51 has the 19/20 Z51 wheels, and after the mag ride update rides almost identical to what my C6 GS did with 19/20s. Ride is very acceptable in both Tour and Sport. As an aside, I did recently crack one of the rear 20" wheels on my Z51, so it's not just the C7 Z/GS that have the issue.
C6 wheels were made by the same company as the C7 wheels Ronal (Speedline) with one major difference, the C6 wheels were made in Italy, A lot of the C7 wheels are made in Mexico.
Old 02-04-2020, 01:20 AM
TKgs2010
Le Mans Master

Received 406 Likes on 273 Posts

Originally Posted by pdac
Hello all!
Wanted to check in with you all as I do my research on purchasing a lightly used C7 GS.
Full disclosure, I'm also looking at a Shelby GT350. I'm a big car guy, not loyal to any one brand but have really loved the look of the C7 Grandsport since they came out. Especially in darker colors. I currently have a C6 GS and, while I love the body and the engine, the interior is pretty much pure garbage. It's also a 1LT do that doesn't help (won't be doing that again!) Only option is the NPP and Upgraded. wheels.
My question is, when looking at a C7 GS, are there any additional options that I should consider? Is there anything out there that in hindsight you wish you'd opted for? Finally, soundwise (one of the things pushing me towards a GT350) do these sound any different than the C6 with the NPP? I have the mild to wild installed on my car and while it certainly doesn't sound bad, there are better sounding cars (to me). Thanks for any help!
​​
I went from a C6 Grand Sport to a C7 ZO6. My C6GS was a manual, 4LT with pretty much all the toys except for the clear roof panel, Heritage Package, 2 tone Adrenaline Red/Black seats Spectra Gray wheels and Red Hash Marks on Cyber Gray. If you're doing a C7GS, the sweet spot is probably 2LT, and I'd option the PDR/Nav in separately, Heritage Package is nice and not expensive, based on car color, wheels and interior have several choices, and stripe packages are pretty diverse. If I'm not mistaken the NPP exhaust is standard on the GS. Can't really help you a lot, as the standard equipment is a bit different on the ZO6 vs the GS, my ZO6 has the ZO7 package and manual trans, offered on the GS also, but if you don't track the car, you don't need it and it's pretty expensive, but with the standard brakes, prepare for MAJOR brake dust, not really a problem, but it will keep you busy. Hope that helps.
Old 02-04-2020, 09:16 AM
EVRGRN
Burning Brakes

Received 344 Likes on 201 Posts

Originally Posted by Evan70
I guess to be fair to my z06, my 2009 had MPSS non runflats (275F/295R) and the car weighed 300lbs less than the z06. It's understable how both of those features will make a big difference on bumpy back roads here in NY.

Quick Reply: C6 to C7