Sponsored by:

Issue with Waze app

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2022, 08:36 AM
DGA3
Melting Slicks

Received 643 Likes on 428 Posts

Originally Posted by JunaidMohammad
Hey @rico750sxi, Im a new user to the forum. I can confirm this also happens to me. The speed shown on the screen of my 2017 c7 grand sport is half that of the true speed being travelled (I use kph, but its the same issue in mph also). Its quite annoying because Waze won't always alert cameras if it perceives the cars speed to be under the speed limit!

Unfortunately no idea how to fix it. Ive tried wirelessly connecting to the info system, but it persists. So I live with it. Clearly a software glitch from GM, and I think other cars might have it too. I think if you're in the car, but don't plug Waze in, then the app will record the correct speed, but obv maps won't be on the screen and no one wants to look down always at a phone when driving...

Sorry I can't help other than confirming it certainly happens and I have no fix. I actually came on here looking for a solution.. :S

Junaid
Wow!

A thread from 2-1/2 years ago resurfaces. That's cool!

Rico750sxi - are you still around?

If so, did you ever solve the problem?
Old 04-26-2024, 09:26 PM
504C7
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by MikalMuh
Waze works perfectly in my other vehicles, but the speed it displays in the Vette is half of my actual speed. So if I’m traveling 60, for example, Waze will display 30. But it only does this in the Vette. I actually think it’s an issue with the Vettes software.

I see some don’t have this problem. Maybe it was corrected with newer cars. Mine is a 2016. I’ve been searching for a solution.
Mine is a 2016 also and it’s half of what my car is doing also.
Old 04-26-2024, 09:47 PM
504C7
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by rico750sxi
Thanks, and your little tutorial like I was a three year old was especially helpful... However, my original question was if anyone else had the same issue in their Vette, why would I not come to the CorvetteForum for that answer? This forum used to be so great and now you can't even ask a question without getting belittled, flamed, or made to feel like an idiot. It's very unfortunate...
I know this is very old, but did you ever figure out why your car was doing that because mine is doing the same thing. It is like half of what my car is doing and telling me I’m doing.

Quick Reply: Issue with Waze app