Clutch Issue

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2020, 03:01 PM
gs2011
Cruising

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Clutch Issue

My 2017 ZO6.. 11,000 mile
Having problems with clutch sticking to the floor..
Took it first time to the dealer.. they change the Clutch Position Sensor.. problem short lived..
Took it back to dealer.. this time say water is in reservoir and clutch system causing the clutch to stick..
Have anyone had this issue..
Dealer say the had this issue before ..but in a C6..
All responses welcome..
Thank.. Garry
Old 07-23-2020, 11:12 PM
DrivesWithTwoFeet
Drifting

Received 908 Likes on 469 Posts

Did the dealer replace the clutch fluid? If not I would find a new dealer since they found water in the fluid and didn't change it.
Old 07-24-2020, 08:15 AM
Scruff Vette
Safety Car

Received 871 Likes on 398 Posts

My clutch fluid was a mess at 9 months 2,800 miles from new. Clutch was making a strange noise taking off in first gear so I took the cap off. The fluid looked like cooking grease like there was moisture in the system (pic below). I normally use the "Ranger Method" to change clutch fluid out twice a year, but since the car was new I didn't do it. I swapped the fluid out using the Ranger procedure the next day and the problem is gone. Clutch fluid looks normal again, but I'm going to keep a close eye on it. I read that in C7's the clutch fluid line runs close to the exhaust which is why GM calls for the use of DOT 4 and recommends changing the fluid out at 36K miles.

On my '08 Z51 the clutch stuck to the floor once and after changing the fluid out using the above method, I never had the problem again. Video is of a C6 but same procedure for the C7.

Old 07-24-2020, 08:36 AM
weathermaker
Safety Car

Received 81 Likes on 67 Posts

I used the Ranger method on my C6 at every oil change. Traded car after 14 years and 65,000 miles. Never had a clutch problem. It takes several clean ups to get the fluid clean , but once clean it stays clean if you continue replacing it.
Old 07-24-2020, 09:38 AM
Prime Target
Drifting

Received 279 Likes on 171 Posts

I had the dealer replace my clutch fluid at 7k. It looked like chunky soup. I’l keep it maintained using “Ranger” method from here on out. It gets dirty fast.
The following users liked this post:
Scruff Vette (07-24-2020)

Get notified of new replies

To Clutch Issue

Quick Reply: Clutch Issue