Sponsored by:

Service rear axle

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2021, 07:09 PM
Prettymd1
6th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Service rear axle

I own 2016 corvette, right after warranty expired in August of 2019, service rear axle light came on. Took it to Chevrolet dealership, the said it was a module. So they changed that (no warranty) 2 weeks later came back on. Took it back again they said service rep forgot to set it. So Took it home ,week later back on, Took to dealership they said it's battery cable wires. So replace them, Took car home came back on next day. Took it back they kept car the whole spring waiting for alternator and corporate engineer. Finally engineer and alternator came they replace alternator. Car stay in garage decided to take a ride new year weekend, light came back on , now get this when light comes on at times the car shuts car off then start back up don't care what speed you're doing. Very dangerous. Been in the shop for the service rear axle light at least 6 times.

Last edited by Prettymd1; 01-09-2021 at 07:14 PM.
Old 01-09-2021, 07:26 PM
EASonBASS
Burning Brakes

Received 433 Likes on 260 Posts

Yikes! Sounds like the tech there is just guessing.

I just went thru this with my ‘15 A8. Dealer got all the codes and talked to GM. Result was replace tranny wiring harness. Resolved the issue.

There are many threads here on the topic with various resolutions.

Anyway, welcome and I hope you can get this resolved. Maybe another dealer?
Old 01-09-2021, 07:29 PM
Route99
Race Director

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 863 Likes on 667 Posts
2022 C5 of the Year Finalist - Modified
2020 C5 of the Year Finalist - Modified
St. Jude Donor '17-‘18-'19-'20-'21-'22-'23-'24

Welcome to the Forum, and congratulations on your C7; although, a bummer about the long term service rear axle issue!
This is more the welcome section with members having all different generations stopping by to say hello to new members.
I would encourage you to post this concern in the General C7 section at https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...2014-2019-141/. Almost certainly someone there has run across this issue and can perhaps provide a little better insight than you have gotten so far.
Hope this problem is quickly sorted out and finally fixed correctly.
Old 01-09-2021, 07:38 PM
Prettymd1
6th Gear

Originally Posted by Route99
Welcome to the Forum, and congratulations on your C7; although, a bummer about the long term service rear axle issue!
This is more the welcome section with members having all different generations stopping by to say hello to new members.
I would encourage you to post this concern in the General C7 section at https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...2014-2019-141/. Almost certainly someone there has run across this issue and can perhaps provide a little better insight than you have gotten so far.
will do THANK YOU
Old 01-09-2021, 07:39 PM
Prettymd1
6th Gear

Originally Posted by route99
welcome to the forum, and congratulations on your c7; although, a bummer about the long term service rear axle issue!
I would encourage you to post this concern in the general c7 section at https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...2014-2019-141/. Almost certainly someone there has run across this issue and can perhaps provide a little better insight than you have gotten so far.
thank you
Old 01-09-2021, 09:30 PM
Prettymd1
6th Gear

Originally Posted by EASonBASS
Yikes! Sounds like the tech there is just guessing.

I just went thru this with my ‘15 A8. Dealer got all the codes and talked to GM. Result was replace tranny wiring harness. Resolved the issue.

There are many threads here on the topic with various resolutions.

Anyway, welcome and I hope you can get this resolved. Maybe another dealer?
thank you
Old 01-10-2021, 10:52 PM
ferd1971
Instructor

Received 20 Likes on 14 Posts

Here is another thread on the topic. I had a Service Rear Axle message a week after I bought the car with 2700 miles on it. Turned out to be a bad differential clutch pump.

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...rear-axle.html

Get notified of new replies

To Service rear axle

Quick Reply: Service rear axle