Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2022, 08:39 PM
Gearhead Jim
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2,065 Likes on 1,372 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13

Originally Posted by Jeff V.
It's right there on Chevrolet's site. I don't know why this is so goddamn hard for people to wrap their heads around.

https://www.chevrolet.com/performanc...tte/suspension

Dealership calls Techline.
Techline changes database and bills dealer.
Dealer programs car and bills customer.

THIS. IS. NOT. HARD.
The dealer did mine shortly after the update became available, and it works just fine.
But clicking on the link you posted, I didn't see where it tells the dealer to take your steps that I put in bold.
Those steps sound correct, but I didn't see them spelled out.
And they must not be intuitive, since many dealers seem to have messed it up.
Old 10-02-2022, 11:44 PM
DoubleG
Racer

Received 121 Likes on 80 Posts

Originally Posted by Gearhead Jim
The dealer did mine shortly after the update became available, and it works just fine.
But clicking on the link you posted, I didn't see where it tells the dealer to take your steps that I put in bold.
Those steps sound correct, but I didn't see them spelled out.
And they must not be intuitive, since many dealers seem to have messed it up.
I've read it somewhere on something official, but I have seen it. Just read all the posts and threads on this subject and you will find it.
Old 10-03-2022, 11:52 AM
Gearhead Jim
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

St. Jude Donor '13

^^^^^
I think the same, but my point is that I couldn't find it on the link he supplied. For some people, it is hard if you haven't done it before.
Old 10-03-2022, 02:17 PM
Jeff V.
Le Mans Master

Received 4,086 Likes on 1,971 Posts

The link was for Walt who, after four years of this, still can't figure out whether or not this is even available for his car.

As far as the rest of it, it's in the GM bulletin that's been posted a dozen times and described a dozen more.
Old 10-03-2022, 04:18 PM
ICONIC7
Pro

Received 535 Likes on 281 Posts
2023 C7 of the Year Finalist - Modified
2022 C7 of the Year Finalist - Modified

Originally Posted by Walter Raulerson
Sp Jeff V just what does that site tell me about the upgrade and you don't have to get upset everybody is just trying to help the other fella one more what is TIS it's mentioned several times is that a site to confirm the upgrade?
@ Walter Raulerson: Check out post #2 in this thread. It gives you step by step instructions on how to check if you received the update.
Once you've done that, check out post #11 where he states that the GM part numbers likely have changed over the years so you probably will not have the same part number as the ones listed back in 2018.

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...ispreloading=1
The following users liked this post:
Gearhead Jim (10-03-2022)
Old 10-04-2022, 06:32 PM
Walter Raulerson
Melting Slicks

Received 531 Likes on 358 Posts

Thanks Jeff for your concern I admire the loyalty we have on this forum.
Old 10-04-2022, 06:35 PM
Walter Raulerson
Melting Slicks

Received 531 Likes on 358 Posts

I've had the car since it had 7 miles on it so I know it hasn't had the upgrade. At first it wasn't offered on the Z51 that was my question but I have looked and my tech folks have looked and they know what to do. I still have one question have the techs that have done these to your cars said anything about aligning the car and measuring the height to get the calibrations correct
Old 10-04-2022, 09:03 PM
Gearhead Jim
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

St. Jude Donor '13

The Mag Ride ugrade just re-calibrates the shocks (very effectively), so it should not effect alignment or ride height.
After the calibration is done, I'd get the ride height checked after driving a hundred miles, and then alignment checked after driving another hundred miles. If it hasn't been done in the last 10k miles.
On our C6, lifting the car and letting the suspension dangle, even briefly, would cause the car to settle to a different ride height for the first few miles, and that can effect the alignment.
Unless you specifically (politely) insist on it, you might get an alignment done immediately after the car was lifted off its wheels for some reason.

Here are the ride height specs for all Corvettes in 2017, the ones marked are for our Z51. Other years are probably the same.
The measurement for suspension points (Z and D) are theoretically more precise, but impossible for mere mortals to do accurately. I just use P and R.

Attached Images
File Type: pdf
Scan_0021.pdf (747.5 KB, 24 views)

Quick Reply: Magride Update