Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2023, 05:53 PM
xlr8rvette
Drifting

Location: Fayetteville Arkansas recently moved from Oakland Ca
Received 58 Likes on 37 Posts
St. Jude Donor '06

Default What is with reverse ?

2016 stingray. When put into reverse occasionally nothing happens?? The p brake is off. It use to be when you put into reverse the Vette would reverse even when no gas was applied. Three times it has done nothing when shift into reverse until you touch the gas pedal.
This has happened 3 times in two days. Twice when started in morning (same start up), Once the next day after driving a few miles. The rest of the time all is normal. Any ideas?
Thank you
Old 04-24-2023, 06:52 PM
Factoid
Le Mans Master

Received 5,612 Likes on 2,821 Posts
2024 Corvette of the Year Finalist - Modified
2024 Corvette of the Year Finalist - Unmodified
2023 C7 of the Year Winner - Modified

I actually like that feature if it is indeed a feature. My ZR1 doesn’t move at all when Input it in reverse. No surge, no lunge, nothing. When I apply the gas it very smoothly backs up. Wish other cars did that. My Jeep Gladiator with a 6.4 hemi can’t wait to get going. It lunges when put in reverse and tries to take off when I lift my foot off the brake.

Reminds me of the old joke about two bulls stand on top of a ridge looking down on all the cows below. The young one says, “hey, let’s run down there and screw one!” And the old bull says, “no, let’s walk down there and screw them all.” Patience is a virtue.

Quick Reply: What is with reverse ?