New wheels 2018 GS

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2024, 01:53 PM
ICTCorvette2018
Heel & Toe
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Thanks for your response!
Your Coirvette is outstanding! Thanks for the picture!
Old 04-29-2024, 04:10 PM
MY04CE
Pro

Received 311 Likes on 141 Posts

My 2019 GS had bent rims for the first four years before the rears cracked. Given the benefits of fully forged wheels, I went with Forgeline. I had an opportunity to tour their facility in Dayton, OH, and loved the quality and workmanship. They were not the cheapest, but well worth every penny to me. Check thei Forum for wheels and you will find several options and cost. If you want OEM style, they are available. Good luck.

Old 04-29-2024, 07:19 PM
ICTCorvette2018
Heel & Toe
Support Corvetteforum!

Thanks for the Forgeline referral. I have heard great things about them for many years. I hope I can find a style I like from them.
I am not a "black wheel" lover. Maybe because I have been a Corvette Guy since about 1967 and us older gentlemen prefer "shine" or at least bright finishes.
I will admit I don't particularly care for polishing the spoke on the wheels every time I was the car!!
Old 04-29-2024, 07:22 PM
ICTCorvette2018
Heel & Toe
Support Corvetteforum!

quick question...........will the OEM tire-pressure monitors function the same way? I only have about 7K on the car and I really don't want to by new run-flats although it might be a good idea to have an all-weather tire verse the factory wide-body sticky ones...............
Old 04-30-2024, 02:05 PM
duckvett
Safety Car

Received 931 Likes on 469 Posts
2023 C7 of the Year Winner - Unmodified
2018 C6 of Year Winner

Originally Posted by ICTCorvette2018
quick question...........will the OEM tire-pressure monitors function the same way? I only have about 7K on the car and I really don't want to by new run-flats although it might be a good idea to have an all-weather tire verse the factory wide-body sticky ones...............
Your tires are at or approaching 6 years old, or put another way, nearing the end of their useful life. Assuming it has the Michelin Pilot Super Sport tires, they begin to harden with age and can easily lose traction, especially in cool temperatures. Might be best to start thinking about replacing these with Michelin A/S 4 ZP run-flats. Great all-around tires, but not designed for track use.
Old 04-30-2024, 05:12 PM
ICTCorvette2018
Heel & Toe
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by duckvett
Your tires are at or approaching 6 years old, or put another way, nearing the end of their useful life. Assuming it has the Michelin Pilot Super Sport tires, they begin to harden with age and can easily lose traction, especially in cool temperatures. Might be best to start thinking about replacing these with Michelin A/S 4 ZP run-flats. Great all-around tires, but not designed for track use.
Thank you! I think I will go ahead and replace the rubber along with the wheels.
Old 04-30-2024, 06:58 PM
65wave
Racer

Received 114 Likes on 61 Posts

Is anyone driving 19” front and back? For a grand sport or z06, is there much difference in the drive? Thanks, I was told this would alleviate the crack problem along with going forge rim. Plus you can now rotate tires. Mine is a 2017 GS

Quick Reply: New wheels 2018 GS