Notices
C7 Parts for Sale/Wanted C7 Corvette Performance Parts, OEM, Aftermarket, Superchargers, Turbo Kits, Wheels & Tires, Exterior Enhancements
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

FS: CP Carillo drop-in pistons

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2017, 08:24 PM
Vito Testa
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default CP Carillo drop-in pistons

I got a set of Cp Carillo pistons for c7 corvette gen v lt1 motor. Complete drop in set of pistons no balancing or machine exact weight of factory pistons.
- CP Pistons with 2618 Forging Material
for those lt1's around 700-750 rwhp the first thing to fail is the pistons. Drop these in and you will be good for around 900 rwhp.
never used them still in box just decided to go a different route with the motor.
$800°°
301-401-6655. They are a little over $1,000 new from CP CARILLO

Last edited by Vito Testa; 04-25-2017 at 08:28 PM.
Old 04-26-2017, 03:27 AM
Seannyc
Drifting

Received 59 Likes on 55 Posts

What's the deference from the vengeance drop in pistons from these I only here vengeance made a drop in piston for the Lt1
Old 04-26-2017, 10:05 AM
Vito Testa
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Seannyc
What's the deference from the vengeance drop in pistons from these I only here vengeance made a drop in piston for the Lt1
vengeance racing pistons you still have to do a hone on the cylinders so there is machine work to be done with them. These pistons are 100% drop in same exact bob weight as factory oem pistons.
Old 04-26-2017, 02:02 PM
0Ron@Vengeance Racing
Former Vendor

Received 32 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by Vito Testa
vengeance racing pistons you still have to do a hone on the cylinders so there is machine work to be done with them. These pistons are 100% drop in same exact bob weight as factory oem pistons.
Who would install new piston rings and NOT hone the cylinders to ensure proper ring seating?
Old 04-26-2017, 07:39 PM
FYREANT
I'm Batman..
Pro Mechanic
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 908 Likes on 561 Posts
Tech Contributor

Originally Posted by Vito Testa
Sorry, but whoever told you that these pistons are different from the VR ones by saying one requires a hone job and one doesn't is flat wrong. To do the job correctly both options require a hone job. The difference here is it looks like these include the rods whereas the VR ones do not. The VR ones retain stock CR of 11.5:1 and I would think your set is actually made for 10.5:1 CR.

Originally Posted by Ron@Vengeance Racing
Who would install new piston rings and NOT hone the cylinders to ensure proper ring seating?
Exactly.
Old 04-26-2017, 08:44 PM
Seannyc
Drifting

Who which requires more labor or same labor
Old 04-26-2017, 11:54 PM
robert miller
Team Owner

Received 1,762 Likes on 1,529 Posts

Who which requires more labor or same labor
No way I would believe any CO out here to just stick a set of pistons & rods in a car without have stuff weight out & rod bearing checked to be in spec's with new rods in the car. Plus like other have said that block would have to be hone for rings to seal. Plus doing stuff half azz even if stuff did work ok in the car you could end up,with stuff being bad out of balance & it running less rwhp than before the work was done.

Last edited by robert miller; 04-26-2017 at 11:55 PM.
Old 04-27-2017, 04:21 AM
Seannyc
Drifting

Originally Posted by robert miller
No way I would believe any CO out here to just stick a set of pistons & rods in a car without have stuff weight out & rod bearing checked to be in spec's with new rods in the car. Plus like other have said that block would have to be hone for rings to seal. Plus doing stuff half azz even if stuff did work ok in the car you could end up,with stuff being bad out of balance & it running less rwhp than before the work was done.
i agree

good deal tho
Old 04-27-2017, 09:39 AM
robert miller
Team Owner

Received 1,762 Likes on 1,529 Posts

i agree

good deal tho
If they were +5,k over size, I would buy them just to do down the road & just get the 8 holes trued up. Robert

Get notified of new replies

To CP Carillo drop-in pistons

Quick Reply: FS: CP Carillo drop-in pistons